• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD]Fast Launcher[TouchWiz][G900F,G9009D][4.4.X/5.0.X]

Search This thread

SkywalkerZ

Sep 11, 2013
Light Side
SmartLauncher

sm_banner_1.png

Part Of SmartDroid Project

Tired of the slow touchwiz launcher?Want a fast stock launcher? Try this

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibilities

NOTE for Devs : If You want to use this launcher Ask for permission,Give proper credits and thank my work!

Hit Thanks If You Like My work And Rate The thread, Means alot to me!​

Credits-
@ricky310711 (for being my Team Mate ,my brother, Best friend and A TEACHER!)
@leoaudio13 (for testing , my brother and Team mate Baby!)

Last edited:

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
It should work..if not then upload me your launcher and framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk and ill make one for Sprint (only if it doesnt work)

All good to go. Works on sprint and very nice in speed, soberly notice when scrolling in app drawer yet keeps the looks I like in TouchWiz. Very cool.

this is launcher?is more smoother than the stock that we have? :/

Yes, so far noticed smoother in so drawer and opening apps. Try it and see if you like. If not, you can always revert.

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
i will test it,but could you give me instructions how to instal the launcher? :p
i just connect the phone with odin and select the file from pda and thats it?

I downloaded third party launcher, mage bak of original TouchWiz launcher, pasted this new launcher in place (no custom recovery method since I don't have yet), checked permissions to make sure, reboot. Tested and worked, then Uninstall other third party launcher. Success (TouchWiz launcher in priv-app, now named TouchWiz home.apk.bak).

Reactions: SgtIcetea

Airboner

Dec 17, 2013
Lucifer's City
I downloaded third party launcher, mage bak of original TouchWiz launcher, pasted this new launcher in place (no custom recovery method since I don't have yet), checked permissions to make sure, reboot. Tested and worked, then Uninstall other third party launcher. Success (TouchWiz launcher in priv-app, now named TouchWiz home.apk.bak).

ok got it and thx both of you..
something else..
can you tell me how i can make backup only my original launcher in case i dont want the mod launcher?

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
ok got it and thx both of you..
something else..
can you tell me how i can make backup only my original launcher in case i dont want the mod launcher?

I just made the original launcher (touchwizhome.apk) to bak file (Touchwizhome.apk.bak). If you don't like the new launcher, just delete it and undo the .bak, should revert back to original launcher on reboot.

Reactions: Airboner

Top Liked Posts