[Mod] Fix app associations (HtcLinkifyDispatcher)

Search This thread

steal25

Inactive Recognized Developer
in build.prop you will have this line
ro.da1.enable=true

change to

ro.da1.enable=false

then add just below that this line

ro.da1.method=false
I tried everything in smali and it would make one thing work and not another, this way allows all app associations and linkable to phone phone numbers. no smali edits allowed both that i could find.
what this will do is make app associations act like they did in gb and remove the app associations in settings. no mods to the apk itself were needed and you need to leave htclinkifydispatcher in the rom.
this only worked for me from a fresh Rom flash, however guys in the 4g LTE threads say it works fine just adding the entries, just adding it caused htc_linkify and facebook to FC For me. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Doctechx

Jun 17, 2012
Just doing the build.prop changes works on my Evo 4G LTE. However, as you pointed out, there are no options given when clicking on phone numbers (i.e. SMS/MMS text, add contact, etc.). This is frustrating because phone numbers have the most need for options. Most of the other linkable data are fine to set-up with default actions. What I have noticed is that options given after build.prop changes mirror options presented in the app associations settings. Since there are not options for phone numbers (other than Phone) given in the app associations settings, there are no options given for phone numbers after the build.prop changes. Therefore, the changes to build.prop are a good effort, but do not restore our phones to the functionality removed due to the apple patent.

steal25

Before this mod phone numbers in mail apps and messaging apps were dead, now they lead to phone and from there can be saved in contacts or wherever. As far as I remember in gb this is how this feature acted. I don't think it gave you an option to go anywhere else besides phone. I'll nand back to my gb Rom and check.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda

steal25

I just nand back to my GB ROM and texted and emailed my self a phone number in my contacts and a random, not in my contacts, phone number and in both applications upon pressing the numbers they both gave no option and led to phone. So I guess this mod does restore the same functionality before the apple lawsuit.

From my inbREDed EVO 3D

Reactions: louforgiveno

Doctechx

Jun 17, 2012
I just nand back to my GB ROM and texted and emailed my self a phone number in my contacts and a random, not in my contacts, phone number and in both applications upon pressing the numbers they both gave no option and led to phone. So I guess this mod does restore the same functionality before the apple lawsuit.

From my inbREDed EVO 3D

I see... Well that stinks. To me, options for phone numbers makes more sense than anything else. In fact, why even add numbers to the app associations menu if there are no options. Also, clicking on numbers in emails/texts launched phone on my device when it was completely stock with no build.prop changes.

Sent from my LTEVO using Tapatalk 2

Shauli20

Aug 20, 2010
I tried editing build.prop like you said, but it hasn't made any change. I used the note editor in ES File Explorer to edit. Is there some other way I'm supposed to edit build.prop? Or any other solutions?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in build.prop you will have this line
    ro.da1.enable=true

change to

ro.da1.enable=false

then add just below that this line

ro.da1.method=false
    I tried everything in smali and it would make one thing work and not another, this way allows all app associations and linkable to phone phone numbers. no smali edits allowed both that i could find.
    what this will do is make app associations act like they did in gb and remove the app associations in settings. no mods to the apk itself were needed and you need to leave htclinkifydispatcher in the rom.
    this only worked for me from a fresh Rom flash, however guys in the 4g LTE threads say it works fine just adding the entries, just adding it caused htc_linkify and facebook to FC For me. Enjoy!
    Before this mod phone numbers in mail apps and messaging apps were dead, now they lead to phone and from there can be saved in contacts or wherever. As far as I remember in gb this is how this feature acted. I don't think it gave you an option to go anywhere else besides phone. I'll nand back to my gb Rom and check.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda

From my inbREDed EVO 3D
    Thanks man :)

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium