• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][Fixed]Jelly Bean Animations

Search This thread

aSquard

Jan 26, 2009
DF-Dub
Correct me if I'm wrong, but with all the custom launchers, one would need to be running an AOSP ICS ROM in order to see the stock Jelly Bean animations, correct?

Munching on Ice Cream with Sky ICS/UCLF3 and XDA Premium

Reactions: rorm2010

Cokegod

Nov 9, 2011
I can't see a real difference, what are the changed animations?
I am running a CM9 nightlies ROM btw.

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
works great

the differences that i have seen are the opening any screen does the start from the center pop out, and i have noticed that power menu and other options do the same just with a slowly expanding window.

if there is more i would like to know as well. but i think it looks pretty cool. thanks for the Mod man.

Reactions: EnemyOfGlaDOS

hikarugo

Jul 12, 2010
Singapore
Redmi Note 9 Pro
"annoying popup animations"
Is that a bug or just complaining that Jelly Bean animations are annoying?

A bug. The popups animation are slow on my S2 while it supposed to be not

I don't know if it's slow on S3 or not. Someone should inform me as I don't have a S3 :)

Not really. It's a bit similar to the GB animations.

It seems the blink animations are made to be fast and simple to reduce the possibility of the low and not contant framerate.

But with jelly bean, they've got project butter. So they get rid of those animations, bring back some old GB animations, and add some animations that showing how the smoothness of jelly bean.

Because you can't see the smoothness if it's just a simple blink

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

These are animations, pulled from Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.

As what you know if you've watched Jelly Bean in action, it has different animations than ICS.

It compatibles with all ICS ROMs.

Installation:
    Flash it via recovery

Thank shoman94 for the fix
    Here is the zip that has the original jb animations + mixtapes08 fixes. Just mount /system and flash it ;)

credits to hikarugo and mixtapes08
    Thank you mixtapes08! It is working fine ;) But there is one more issue :p The popups fade out now but the menus doesn't. Try to press the menu button when you are on the launcher and see the menu. It fades in. Now press the menu button again. It disappears without fading.

Ill check that out..

Sent from my Nexus S®

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Thank you mixtapes08! It is working fine ;) But there is one more issue :p The popups fade out now but the menus don't. Try to press the menu button when you are on the launcher and see the menu. It fades in. Now press the menu button again. It disappears without fading.

ok problems fix.. ^_^

this package contains all the fadeout fix on jelly bean..

download here..FadeOut_Animations_fix.rar

best option to apply this is by pulling your framework and copy my files on

res/anim folder of your framework

place it to my blank flashable zip(framework folder) download here.. blank_flashable.zip
    I can't get this mod to work for me. I'm rooted and running redrum . Successfully flashed the .zip in cwm , but animations are not present. Help?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Mount /system in recovery then flash. Should work

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 4G
    Great job hikarugo and mixtapes08!

I noticed in the official JB the transition animations actually pop up from the corner when opening apps but with this mod they pop up from the center of the screen. Is it possible to have the transition animations pop up from the corner like in JB with this mod?
    I think that it's the new launcher's "feature" to know from which side the app was started. If you notice, it only happens with the apps that are on dock. So if you open app NO1 it will open from far left, NO2 left etc. Just a theory.