• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[MOD]Flashable LG G2 Keyboard with themes...Works on stock, JB 4.3 and Kit Kat 4.4!

Search This thread

Technocian

Oct 24, 2012
Detroit, MI
Works great but for some reason on some apps I still get the stock OGP keyboard showing up. I've tried deleting the stock keyboard through Root Uninstaller and setting the G2 keyboard as the default but for some reason I still get the OGP keyboard in apps like the Play Store.

Anyone else experiencing this as well or know of a fix?

1Zero3forlife

Jul 10, 2013
Works great but for some reason on some apps I still get the stock OGP keyboard showing up. I've tried deleting the stock keyboard through Root Uninstaller and setting the G2 keyboard as the default but for some reason I still get the OGP keyboard in apps like the Play Store.

Anyone else experiencing this as well or know of a fix?

Never have seen this issue, you may want to add .bak to the end of all the stock IME files in system/app folder. Also, make sure you clear cache and dalvik to clean up the system.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

X0LARIUM

Jan 30, 2013
Mumbai
techtroniq.wordpress.com
Manually install
I use root browser
Extract Files
Install into correct folders
Hold down on file
Hit set permissions
Set to 644
Hold on file again
Set ownership to root/root

Do this for all and reboot

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using Tapatalk 2

I did that my friend..did both, manual and CMW flash..I can't see the keyboard anywhere..plz help..

1Zero3forlife

Jul 10, 2013
How is that even possible? To enable it, I need to see it first right?
The permission is 644..it should be working theoretically. But I just can't see it. It's not seen in Language and Input as well.. can u help me enabling it?

thanks...

Can you take a screen shot of it in the system/app folder and the lib folder, thanks.

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jojobans

Aug 18, 2012
mashhad
hi
i need theme keyboard silver plz

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

hi
i need theme keyboard silver plz

1Zero3forlife

Jul 10, 2013
Dude, stop posting that you need a silver theme, it is included, I am not here to make more, if you don't like the silver theme included, make one.

Reactions: jojobans

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a flashable zip of the LG G2 Keyboard for the OGP. I built this flash from the OGP so it will actually work in CWM or TWRP.

Download the following for Stock ROMs)
    (See below for other Zip for 4.3/4.4)

http://d-h.st/zsQ

Reboot into recovery
    Flash
    Reboot
    Enjoy

4y3a3y7a.jpg

e3ytyve8.jpg

tyde6e5e.jpg

hy8e9y9e.jpg

Also, this can be flashed in 4.3 Jelly Bean and 4.4 Kit Kat CM/AOSP ROMs and it works beautifully. To do this, flash the below zip in recovery. The zip adds the needed lines to your build.prop, backs up your current build.prop and gives you emoji.

4.3/4.4 zip http://d-h.st/rHv

A quick thanks is appreciated, if you can click on the download link you can hit the thanks button.

Thanks
    Steve

Sent from my Optimus G Pro on Steroids
    i actually think that the g pro keyboard is gd but i hate it
    becoz when u enable some apps in the accessibility, even it is just one app, the keyboard will force the talkback function of the keyboard on, and there re a few options that u can't set, e.g. path keyboard.
    Does all these still happen in g2 keyboard?

i remember that someone has ported the g2 keyboard which can be installed like a normal apps n dun need to flash. However, i forget the thread link, i just download them n put them in my dropbox.
    Can u help me to check whether they re the same?
    link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wwmv9ea0yy6xock/gRCUuhKvfu
    the below thing is from the original thread. I copy them when i download the files.

G2 keyboard works without root, but if you want to get all features check below.

Add these lines to your build.prop:

ime_extend_row_keyboard=true
    ime_onehand_keyboard=true
    ime_split_keyboard=true
    ime_vibration_pattern=0:20

In case you want to change strenght of vibration just change ime_vibration_pattern=0:20 to smaller or bigger value (for example 0:10 or 0:90)
    I downloaded the 4.4 keyboard and all is working great, but I for some reason have two commas to the bottom right. How can I change the one comma to a period/.com?

Hold down the key
    and select the one you want to change it too.

Love it!! This was one reason i didnt like cm based roms. Thank you

Your welcome

On 4.4 it does not. I have had other DEVs look into it, there is some coding changes that won't let it read google voice input like it should. I am going to look into it further after the new year, just don't have time and honestly I stopped worrying about it because I never used it.

See the En button, hold it down and you will see an option for full keyboard

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app