[MOD][FLASHABLE] microG unofficial installer

Search This thread

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
When system in mounted, could you please run these and post the result?
Code:
adb shell "stat /system_root/system/build.prop"
Code:
adb shell "stat /system_root/build.prop"
$ adb shell "stat /system_root/system/build.prop"
File: '/system_root/system/build.prop'
Size: 9904 Blocks: 24 IO Block: 4096 regular file
Device: b317h/45847d Inode: 1087 Links: 1
Access: (0600/-rw-------) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 0/ root)
Access: 1970-12-25 17:35:50.000000000
Modify: 2009-01-01 00:00:00.000000000
Change: 2009-01-01 00:00:00.000000000

$ adb shell "stat /system_root/build.prop"
stat: can't stat '/system_root/build.prop': No such file or directory

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Hi,
when flashing please enable the Live setup and Debug log (you need to press volume up when asked).
Also write the model of the phone please.

Then post the log that is created near the zip.
Minmicrog @ShaneTheAwesome is working on a similar issue.
"Basically it seems to be a big enough problem that every 'large' android system mod felt the need to work around it instead of getting it fixed in the recoveries themselves"

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
Released microG unofficial installer v1.1.0 beta.
Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=141201

Changes:
- Added support for Android up to 13
- Improve system partition mounting
- Mount partitions only if they aren't already mounted
- Zip builds are now reproducible (tested on Linux and Windows with Java 17)
- You can now test the zip installation on PC using "gradlew installTest" (tested on Linux and Windows)
Full changelog will appear later

Note: It pass SafetyNet (only if your device was passing SafetyNet with GApps).

Last edited:

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
I am trying to install this onto a pocophone f1 with crdroid, using TWRP, but every time I try to install it there is an error saying that it can't find the ROM.
Can you please try the latest version and tell me if it is fixed?

Same here with v1.0.34 beta on my poco
using official TWRP

Could you possibly update the installer to support android 10 please? Thanks.
Done.

The installer sort of works with Android 10. I used it on my phone (Oneplus 3, NitrogenOS 10) BUT I had two issues:

1. The installer checks for the 'new' system-as-root partitioning with getprop 'build.system_root_image'. This did not work for me. But I think it might be an OS specific issue and it might be fine for other people.
2. The playstore version included in the installer caused some permissions issues. While the playstore was installed I could not install apps from any sources (including FDroid and apk files).

I can provide logs for the playstore/app install permissions problem if interested.
The issue of system-as-root should be fixed.
About the permissions issue does it still happen with the latest version?

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
Size question!

Hello,
I installed v 1.0.33 some time ago on my Galaxy Note 3 running rooted and deodexed stock Lollipop without any issue. I had always wanted to get rid of Google Play services, which was becoming bigger and bigger with each update. Thank you very much.
Now I think if one day some software starts complaining and saying that I need to update Google play services, I need to update microG.
My question is,
The installer size of v 1.0.33 was 31.4MB, whereas that of v 1.0.34 is 52.7MB.
How is it that v 1.0.34 is much bigger?
The purpose to use microG is, for me, to have a smaller footprint, among others. So, if the installation becomes much bigger, it doesn't really make sense for me.
Can some one explain?
The installer contains various versions of the components to be compatible with all devices / Android versions but it doesn't install everything, it just install the correct version needed for your phone.
So the zip size doesn't matter, the final used space will be much lower.

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
you should post your modified file because it dosnt exist a new official version for Android Q and many people havent the skill to modify the install zip ;)

i wasnt able to log in in fb, messenger and twitter what should I do?:confused:

Guys, is there google sync for android 9?
It will be released soon.

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
Hi, needing some help.

I'm running LineageOS 16, installed latest .zip and all boxes are checked. But when I try to log-in, it's stuck on "Just a sec..." screen forever. I tried installing from different sources (from microG.com, F-Droid and your installer) and it's always the same. This installer is the first one showing all boxes checked, others were missing the correct signature box, but it gets stuck in the same screen anyway.

Hey there,
i flashed this installer to my old phone running cm10 which got unuseable if play services are installed.
Google Play services got redownloaded every boot so i thought this may fix it.
But now i can´t log in to my account.
The screen size and resolution is very small and i guess this is the reason why the log in screen doesn´t fit.
After changig the dpi, i can see the log in screen but can´t interact with the text box to enter my email adress.

Is it possible to workaround this?

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
I request to make the zip without newpipe. I understand it is your project and your wish but it is just a request from a member.
Thank you for helping us thousands to be degoogled
I'm not going to add additional variants of the installer but you can easily do it yourself in this way:
- Download the latest version of the full repository;
- Or alternatively download a release from here (but you need to download the Source code and not the flashable zip);
- Extract it;
- Open zip-content/settings.conf and change from export INSTALL_NEWPIPE=1 to export INSTALL_NEWPIPE=0 (use a text editor that preserve line endings like Notepad++);
- On Windows double click on build.bat, on others OSes execute ./build.sh
- You will find the flashable zip in the output folder.

Oehrly

Feb 10, 2017
I haven't been doing any custom rom installation stuff any more since back when I reported this. Everything was stable enough that I just kept the system as it is, so I'm a bit rusty and can't just quickly test this right now 😂. I'll try to test it soon, though. A clean reinstall might actually be a good idea after this long 😅

Reactions: ale5000

UltraMaks

Jul 15, 2011
Minsk
www.dinamo-minsk.org
HI all
I have bought a China version of Motorola G51 phone (Andriod 11). Since there is a China version it lacks normal Google services (if you enable it in System - Advanced - Google Services) you only receive People details available in Account sync options
I cannot use Hey Google, cannot get contacts into the phone, cannot sync gmail
I wonder if I can install your services to enable it? Of course I can flash a global version of thу ROM but I do not want to do it (at least now since everything else is ok for me)
Any ideas are highly appreciated

PS my phone is non rooted

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
HI all
I have bought a China version of Motorola G51 phone (Andriod 11). Since there is a China version it lacks normal Google services (if you enable it in System - Advanced - Google Services) you only receive People details available in Account sync options
I wonder if I can install your services to enable it? Of course I can flash a global version of thу ROM but I do not want to do it (at least now since everything else is ok for me)

I don't think microG will help you. But some Google services can speak with standard services. Like cardDAV for contacts or IMAP for email.

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
HI all

You can get contact/calendar/gmail sync with microG but I'm not sure for Hey Google.
It doesn't need root, but it currently need a custom recovery to flash the zip and you also need to patch the ROM for signature spoofing (or alternatively flash a ROM that already include signature spoofing).

UltraMaks

Jul 15, 2011
Minsk
www.dinamo-minsk.org
You can get contact/calendar/gmail sync with microG but I'm not sure for Hey Google.
It doesn't need root, but it currently need a custom recovery to flash the zip and you also need to patch the ROM for signature spoofing (or alternatively flash a ROM that already include signature spoofing).
Well, at least those functions. Can you tell me what apk are needed to enable at least all the Google sync?

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Well, at least those functions. Can you tell me what apk are needed to enable at least all the Google sync?
You should also be able to sync contacts with Google without proprietary apps or microG using the open-source CardDAV client DAVx5 (available on F-Droid or Play)

From https://github.com/FriendlyNeighborhoodShane/MinMicroG/blob/master/INSTALL.md#contact-sync

Reactions: mrrocketdog

UltraMaks

Jul 15, 2011
Minsk
www.dinamo-minsk.org
You should also be able to sync contacts with Google without proprietary apps or microG using the open-source CardDAV client DAVx5 (available on F-Droid or Play)

From https://github.com/FriendlyNeighborhoodShane/MinMicroG/blob/master/INSTALL.md#contact-sync

Thanks for you idea about CardDAV client DAVx5. I have tried it but since I have my gmail in my own domain and use legacy edition of G Suite I cannot use neither 2 factor authentication nor add "App passwords" to my organization
So it seems that the only way for me is using proprietary apps (what exactly?) or MicroG
Just wonder what would be the best solution as I'd like to have all sync in place - MicroG? Any other gapps? As I see here in OP there is no Andriod 11 version mentioned. So what exactly apk do I need to download and install to use google services?

EZ.

Jun 29, 2022
Hello,

Sorry to have to post this, but I cannot get this package to install from script or by flashing from recovery or root terminal. After a lot of fruitless searching all the usual resources, here it is.

I'm on rooted stock D2S v12. Using this with Magisk / Riru /LSposed / whew-inc/FakeGApps. I have reset and flashed a clean ROM many times.

I'm sure I'm doing something bone-headed, but here are my results. Any guidance would be awesome.

d2s:/ $ su
d2s:/ #
d2s:/ # mount -o rw,remount /
d2s:/ #
d2s:/ # cd /storage/2C41-653F/Repo/micro5k
d2s:/storage/2C41-653F/Repo/micro5k # sh install.sh
install.sh[38]: .: /inc/common.sh: No such file or directory

Or:

d2s:/storage/2C41-653F/Repo/micro5k # sh ./install.sh

Or:

d2s:/storage/2C41-653F/Repo/micro5k # su -c sh ./install.sh

With ADB sideload or apply update from SD, I get:

<...>
E: Signature verification failed
E: error: 21
<...>
Installation aborted.

Flashing the zip with terminal from SD fails:

Screenshot2.jpg

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
Hello,

Sorry to have to post this, but I cannot get this package to install from script or by flashing from recovery or root terminal. After a lot of fruitless searching all the usual resources, here it is.

I'm on rooted stock D2S v12. Using this with Magisk / Riru /LSposed / whew-inc/FakeGApps. I have reset and flashed a clean ROM many times.

I'm sure I'm doing something bone-headed, but here are my results. Any guidance would be awesome.

Flashing the zip with terminal from SD fails:

View attachment 5648979

I have replied here: https://github.com/micro5k/microg-unofficial-installer/issues/34

Last edited:

Oehrly

Feb 10, 2017
[...}

The issue of system-as-root should be fixed.

I finally got around to wiping my phone and doing a clean install to test this. Everything worked perfectly, no problems whatsoever, no permission issues when installing apps afterwards. MicroG was working, all boxes checked immediately after first boot, without doing anything more.
Thanks a lot for fixing this.

Reactions: ale5000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @drnightshadow
    Unfortunately I haven't yet able to test it on a real auto but I have made some changes that may help.
    Could you please post a logcat with the latest code when you have time?
    Ok, I'll do it soon.
    Edit: check your PM, logs are there
    Description
    microG unofficial installer simplify the installation of microG.
    IT FEATURE ALSO NON-AROMA LIVE SETUP (this functionality is currently limited to ARM phones).

Download
    microG unofficial installer v1.1.0 beta (Android 2.3 - 13)
    Google Sync Add-on v1.0.3 beta (Android 4.4 - 4.4.4 and 7 - 8)

NOTE: Devices with a MIPS CPU aren't supported.
    IMPORTANT: This installation method isn't supported by the author of microG so you should install it normally before reporting bugs to him (instead installer related bugs should be reported to me).

Contents
    See here.

Official threads
    microG
    UnifiedNlp

Credits
    @MaR-V-iN (for microG, a perfect application that works perfectly also on old phones).
    @YashdSaraf for building BusyBox (BusyBox is used only during the installation, nothing on the device is altered).

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MOD][FLASHABLE] microG unofficial installer, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    ale5000
    Source Code: https://github.com/micro5k

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Version: v1.1.0
    Release Date: 2022-04-28

Created 2016-08-04
    Installation
    1. Copy the flashable ZIPs to the phone;
    2. Add signature spoofing (needed only for ROMs without built-in support for it) to your ROM using Tingle or FakeGApps;
    3. In the recovery flash the zip of microG unofficial installer;
    4. In the recovery flash the zip of Google Sync Add-on (optional);
    5. Restart the phone;
    6. Enable "Google device registration" (important for Google Play Store) in microG settings.

Know Issues
    - Google Play Games (empty app or crashing)
    - Google Assistant (freezing)

Known to work
    - Google Play Store *
    - Google Contacts Sync
    - Google Calendar Sync
    - Android Auto
    - Gmail
    - YouTube
    - Pokémon GO
    - Netflix
    - Snapchat
    - WhatsApp
    - Signal Private Messenger
    - WiFi Sherlock
    - QR Droid / QR Droid Private

* Included in the pack.
    microG unofficial installer - Changelog

Changelog is now here.

1.0.18 alpha
    - Updated microG Service Core to 0.2.4-103
    - Updated Nominatim Geocoder Backend to 1.2.2
    - Switched BusyBox binaries to the ones compiled by @YashdSaraf (BusyBox is used only during the installation, nothing on the device is altered)
    - Completely removed the disabler code for Play Store self update since it wasn't a clean method, there will be another way to do it in ADB Toolbox
    - Improved the internal GApps remover
    - GApps remover now also remove MIUI specific files
    - Other changes

1.0.17 beta
    - Downgraded microG Service Core to 0.2.4-81 on Android < 5 (workaround for bug #379)
    - Added a workaround for recoveries without /tmp
    - Updated microG DroidGuard Helper to 0.1.0-10
    - Updated F-Droid Privileged Extension to 0.2.5

1.0.16 alpha
    - Updated microG Service Core to 0.2.4-92
    - Validate some return codes and show proper error if needed
    - The lib folder is now created automatically if missing
    - Minor changes

1.0.15 pre-alpha
    - Rewritten the update-binary as shell script to improve compatibility with all devices
    - Updated F-Droid Privileged Extension to 0.2.4
    - Minor changes
    Note: The device compatibility should be almost 100% now but the big changes may have introduced some regressions.
    Note 2: It currently also miss many safety checks

1.0.14 alpha
    - Updated microG Service Core to 0.2.4-81
    - file_getprop is no longer used
    - Fixed support for system root image
    - Minor changes

1.0.13 alpha
    - Added support for devices with system root image (untested)
    - Updated F-Droid Privileged Extension to 0.2.2
    - Switch the apk name of F-Droid Privileged Extension to the official one
    - F-Droid Privileged Extension is now installed on all Android versions
    - Minor changes

1.0.12 alpha
    - Added microG DroidGuard Helper 0.1.0-4
    - Added more components to the survival script, not yet complete (only Android 5+)
    - Minor changes

1.0.11 alpha
    - Added a survival script (not complete)
    - Updated microG Service Core to 0.2.4-79
    - Updated Nominatim Geocoder Backend to 1.2.1
    - Minor changes

1.0.10 beta
    - Reverted blocking of Play Store self update on Android 5+ since it is not reliable
    - Updated microG Service Core to 0.2.4-64
    - Updated Nominatim Geocoder Backend to 1.2.0
    - Added F-Droid Privileged Extension 0.2 (only Android < 5)

1.0.9 beta
    - Now blocked Play Store self update on all Android versions
    - Avoid possible problems that could happen if the Play Store was already updated before flashing the zip
    - Minor changes

1.0.8 beta
    - Now blocked Play Store self update (only Android 5+)
    - Minor changes

1.0.7 beta
    - Downgraded Google Play Store to 5.1.11 (this fix the crash when searching)

1.0.6 beta
    - Updated microG Service Core to 0.2.4-50
    - Updated UnifiedNlp (legacy) to 1.6.8
    - Added support for devices with x86_64 CPU (untested)
    - Minor changes

1.0.5 beta
    - Verify hash of extracted files before installing them
    - Fixed installation of 64-bit libraries on old Android versions
    - Minor changes
    - Minor fixes

1.0.4 alpha
    - Total rewrite of the code for installing libraries
    - Added support for 64-bit ARM
    - Added UnifiedNlp (legacy) 1.6.7 (only Android < 4.4)
    - Minor changes

1.0.3 alpha
    - Major rewrite of the installation script to add support for newer Android versions (big thanks to @JanJabko for the phone)
    - Updated microG Service Core to 0.2.4-39
    - Updated Google Play Store to 5.4.12
    - Minimum API version back to 9
    - Minor changes

1.0.2 beta
    - Updated microG Service Core to 0.2.4-20
    - Minimum API version bumped to 10

1.0.1 beta
    - Added support for x86
    - Improved CPU detection
    - Improved Android version checking
    - Improved error reporting
    - Minor changes

1.0.0 alpha
    - Initial release

Google Sync Add-on - Changelog

Changelog is now here.
    I have released microG unofficial installer 1.0.31 beta, there isn't yet a changelog but the most important change is the update of GmsCore that fix the "update nag screen" and many GCM problems.
    Released microG unofficial installer 1.0.27 beta.
    It should fix a lot of problems (although not all yet).

Edit: Changelog added.