[MOD][FLASHABLE] microG unofficial installer

Search This thread

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
Wuuutt?!?! Power save mode ?!? My phone was not in power save mode... Weird! Ah yeah it's unofficial ROM, bugs expected 😵.

Ha this lines means charging while usb is connected to car HUR, charging while USB communication is running with AA, and on the end i unplug it.. than i took 2nd log and tried again with AA running on phone.

I'll recompile latest GitHub version, wipe data, install and send logs again. Easy peasy 😇. I hope we will squash all bugs and get working AA with microg... My dreams🤗

Edit: after latest github version, it's impossible to update AA stub ... Installation failed :oops: FALSE ALARM... all done
Method I used: clean flash ROM, Install Magisk and install latest MicroG.

Edit 1: check your PM, logs are there + something more 😇

Update info: I have Android Auto ver 6.9 installed. Was working on full Gapps installation.
The exclusion from power save was just an attempt but failed, I need more time to try other things

Reactions: drnightshadow

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
greetings!
  1. anyone tried this on any Phh's GSI ROM or derivative? this is Android 11 and 12 ROMs
  2. sometimes /system is very tight, having too little of free space. @ale5000 , does installer handle that?
1) I don't know it specifically but my installer is done to be as much compatible as possible (almost universally) and it does really check everything.
If you look at the code it check the return codes pratically everyhwere and if something fail during installation it will tell you.
2) Currently there isn't a space check, but it delete previous versions and some Google apps before installing and microG is usually smaller (compared to GApps) so in most cases it doesn't matter.
But adding a free space check is in my ToDO list.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Hi,
I would like to receive some feedbacks about this utility: https://github.com/micro5k/microg-unofficial-installer/blob/main/zip-content/files/bin/minutil.sh
Does it work for you?
Is there something else that you would like to see in the utility?

@drnightshadow: No news currently but I haven't forgotten
So the core feature is "Reinstall PACKAGE_NAME as if it were installed from Play Store and grant it all permissions" ?

Should it fix the error message of some apps that demand being installed by play store?

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
So the core feature is "Reinstall PACKAGE_NAME as if it were installed from Play Store and grant it all permissions" ?

Should it fix the error message of some apps that demand being installed by play store?
Yes, it is the most important and should fix all these issues (it also work with split packages) but I plan to also add other features over time.

Reactions: drnightshadow

ildar_prophet

Apr 20, 2011
johan-notes.blogspot.com
Greetings!
Just wanted to share my little new piece of knowledge.
Problem: How to use the installer if e.g. no custom recovery available for your device?
Solution: Do it on the running rooted system using adb.
WARNING: this method is NOT extensively tested and should be treated experimental. If anything goes wrong be prepared to reflash the phone's firmware. And surely backup everything before you start.
Steps:
0. Prepare the system:
  1. "login" to the phone with adb, do "su"
  2. make sure /system has enough free space. No worries if Gapps installed which will be removed →space reclaimed. Otherwise expand with lptools
  3. remount /system to rw
1. unzip a few files from the installer zip to a temporary folder but not /sdcard. I use /mnt/obb for example:
  • cd /mnt/obb
  • unzip /sdcard/Download/microg-unofficial-installer-v1.1.0-beta-by-ale5000-OSS-signed.zip *.sh
2. In the folder above run this:
  • export LIVE_SETUP=0
  • export ZIP_FILE=/sdcard/Download/microg-unofficial-installer-v1.1.0-beta-by-ale5000-OSS-signed.zip
  • export INSTALL_NEWPIPE=0
  • export RECOVERY_PIPE=/mnt/obb/NONEXISTANT
  • export OUTFD=1
  • sh ./install.sh x /mnt/obb
It should report everything's fine.​
3. surely reboot after installation.

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
Greetings!
Just wanted to share my little new piece of knowledge.
Problem: How to use the installer if e.g. no custom recovery available for your device?
Solution: Do it on the running rooted system using adb.
WARNING: this method is NOT extensively tested and should be treated experimental. If anything goes wrong be prepared to reflash the phone's firmware. And surely backup everything before you start.
Steps:
0. Prepare the system:
  1. "login" to the phone with adb, do "su"
  2. make sure /system has enough free space. No worries if Gapps installed which will be removed →space reclaimed. Otherwise expand with lptools
  3. remount /system to rw
1. unzip a few files from the installer zip to a temporary folder but not /sdcard. I use /mnt/obb for example:
  • cd /mnt/obb
  • unzip /sdcard/Download/microg-unofficial-installer-v1.1.0-beta-by-ale5000-OSS-signed.zip *.sh
2. In the folder above run this:
  • export LIVE_SETUP=0
  • export ZIP_FILE=/sdcard/Download/microg-unofficial-installer-v1.1.0-beta-by-ale5000-OSS-signed.zip
  • export INSTALL_NEWPIPE=0
  • export RECOVERY_PIPE=/mnt/obb/NONEXISTANT
  • export OUTFD=1
  • sh ./install.sh x /mnt/obb
It should report everything's fine.​
3. surely reboot after installation.
This is going to break in the new version (not yet released), why not just extracting the main script: META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary
and executing it like this:
Code:
sh ./update-binary 3 1 "/sdcard/Download/microg-unofficial-installer-v1.1.0-beta-by-ale5000-OSS-signed.zip"

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
maybe, didn't try that. You should know better ))
Still the current latest version is a bit problematic, the new version (not yet released) has gone under a big rewrite and it should behave better.

I have also added an helper script (not tested yet), so you just need to extract zip-install.sh and then use
Code:
sh ./zip-install.sh '/zip_path/zip_file_name.zip'

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can that reinstall feature be triggered without Root? Maybe with adb root shell?
    Yes, it work perfectly via adb shell without root, but if you use the terminal from the phone it need root.
    Description
    microG unofficial installer simplify the installation of microG.
    IT FEATURE ALSO NON-AROMA LIVE SETUP (this functionality is currently limited to ARM phones).

Download
    microG unofficial installer v1.2.0 beta - Full (Android 2.2 - 13)
    microG unofficial installer v1.2.0 beta - OSS (Android 2.2 - 13)
    Google Sync Add-on v1.2.0 beta (Android 4.4 - 4.4.4 and 7 - 8, probably even newer versions)

NOTE: Devices with a MIPS CPU aren't supported.
    IMPORTANT: The installer isn't supported by the author of microG so installer related bugs should be reported to me instead app related bugs should be reported there.

Contents
    See here.

Official threads
    microG
    UnifiedNlp

Credits
    @MaR-V-iN (for microG, a perfect application that works perfectly also on old phones).
    @YashdSaraf for building BusyBox (BusyBox is used only during the installation, nothing on the device is altered).

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MOD][FLASHABLE] microG unofficial installer, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    ale5000
    Source Code: https://github.com/micro5k

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Version: v1.2.0
    Release Date: 2022-12-30

Created 2016-08-04
    Installation
    1. Copy the flashable ZIPs to the phone;
    2. Add signature spoofing (needed only for ROMs without built-in support for it) to your ROM using Tingle or FakeGApps;
    3. In the recovery flash the zip of microG unofficial installer;
    4. In the recovery flash the zip of Google Sync Add-on (optional);
    5. Restart the phone.

Know Issues
    - Google Play Games (empty app or crashing)
    - Google Assistant (freezing)

Known to work
    - Google Play Store *
    - Google Contacts Sync
    - Google Calendar Sync
    - Android Auto
    - Gmail (on Android 8+)
    - YouTube
    - Pokémon GO
    - Netflix
    - Snapchat
    - WhatsApp
    - Signal Private Messenger
    - WiFi Sherlock
    - QR Droid / QR Droid Private

* Included in the pack.
    microG unofficial installer - Changelog

Changelog is now here.

Google Sync Add-on - Changelog

Changelog is now here.
    I have released microG unofficial installer 1.0.31 beta, there isn't yet a changelog but the most important change is the update of GmsCore that fix the "update nag screen" and many GCM problems.
    Released microG unofficial installer 1.0.27 beta.
    It should fix a lot of problems (although not all yet).

Edit: Changelog added.