[MOD]GingerBread Battery Fix v0.8

Search This thread

Ban-Hammer

Aug 17, 2011
Who cares
Has the signing problem been fixed? If not, has anyone decided to make their own script to do this instead of manually setting permissions?

DroidMaster18

Jun 27, 2012
I don't know if its different if you use adb to push files but just in case your not good with adb and wanna push files using something like ES Root Explorer, proper permissions are
[×][×][×]
[×][ ][ ]
[×][ ][ ]
Or rwx-r-r.

Sent from my Stock Rooted Droid X2

Reactions: Ban-Hammer

DroidMaster18

Jun 27, 2012
Took me about 8 hours to figure out what was wrong but found out it won't work with just rw-r-r.
Hope that helps someone! :)
-DroidMaster

apacseven

Aug 10, 2011
So does this actually work / do anything...?

Of course it actually works/does something. When we got the GB update, battery reporting was fudged. Peperm1nt took a couple battery files from the previous release (found in this fix) and replaced the files causing misreporting battery levels.

Hulk0069

Oct 25, 2010
Sooooo we just flash this now as a zip? Where would we push this into like....system/?/?.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

DroidMaster18

Jun 27, 2012
When trying to flash zip in bsr/cwr, it will freeze so that's a no go. To manually push, the battd.so file goes in system/bin and the libattd.so file goes in system/lib. :) but don't forget to set permissions properly or it won't work right.

Sent from my MB870 using xda app-developers app

Lorenzo VonMatterhorn

Dec 26, 2011
MD
Yep. I just loaded Liberty again this morning and added the battd.so to system/bin and the libattd.so to system/lib, fixed permissions, and all is working fine.

nice. yeah i have the hdmi cord for this piece so i figure stay on something that atleast lets me use it....lol and i dont care for the ics look too much . especially on a GB phone. eclipse is awesome, dont get me wrong. but i just like the android green of gb. one more thing, i know that most of the stuff in rom toolbox doesnt work, but i should be able to change battery icons correct?

apacseven

Aug 10, 2011
nice. yeah i have the hdmi cord for this piece so i figure stay on something that atleast lets me use it....lol and i dont care for the ics look too much . especially on a GB phone. eclipse is awesome, dont get me wrong. but i just like the android green of gb. one more thing, i know that most of the stuff in rom toolbox doesnt work, but i should be able to change battery icons correct?

Yep, changing icons will work just fine.

lordforex

Aug 31, 2011
The one thing I love about this rom (Liberty) is the battery life. More than 48 hours with my extended battery is the norm.:silly:

Last edited:

Lorenzo VonMatterhorn

Dec 26, 2011
MD
thats awesome. yeah i just noticed battery life today. forgot how good it was on liberty. no charge since yesterday morning and still 43 %. :good:

Lorenzo VonMatterhorn

Dec 26, 2011
MD
permissions.

so after moving the two files into lib and fixing permissions like so
[x][x][ ]
[x][ ][ ]
[x][ ][ ]

it does not work. i get the ? battery . any ideas.? dude above said it took him eight hours to figure something out, but didnt share? i mean im not that worried about it but if its something easy to do i would like to do it. thanks.

DroidMaster18

Jun 27, 2012
[x][x][ ]
[x][ ][ ]
[x][ ][ ]

it does not work. i get the ? battery . any ideas.? dude above said it took him eight hours to figure something out, but didnt share? i mean im not that worried about it but if its something easy to do i would like to do it. thanks.

Yeah that's what I did but it didn't work and I got that question mark. I was saying it took me 8 hours to figure out what was wrong. U have to set permissions to
[×][×][×]
[×]
[×]
for it too work properly.

lordforex

Aug 31, 2011
[x][x][ ]
[x][ ][ ]
[x][ ][ ]

I'll post mine.

Last edited:

lordforex

Aug 31, 2011
Yeah that's what I did but it didn't work and I got that question mark. I was saying it took me 8 hours to figure out what was wrong. U have to set permissions to
[×][×][×]
[×]
[×]
for it too work properly.

battd.so to system/bin and the libbattd.so to system/lib

Both permission settings should be:
[x][x][x]
[x][ ][x]
[x][ ][x]

Then reboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know the nuisance that was brought to us with 2.3.4? You know, the one that would not show the correct battery %? Well, here is the fix and I hope you enjoy :)

This will replace your battd and libbattd.so files with the previous 2.3.3. The files are in binary and I don't know how to convert them to a readable format, so until then, enjoy this fix and post your results for others to see the awesomeness. I will need you to do the following before you flash:

WIPE DALVIK-CACHE AND CACHE!

You may not have to do a data wipe and the battstat.bin should be fine as it is. If you flash this without a successful battery fix, then try to delete your batterystat.bin file(the file you calibrate a battery with), and see what your results are before posting that this doesn't work.

Enjoy :)

UPDATE:
    The uploaded zip is not signed correctly from recent reports, so for now this is what you will need to do to get this working until I get the flashable zip working again. Sorry for the inconvience, thank sopa/pipa/FBI/whoever that shut down MultiUpload.
    For now:
    1. Push files to proper location.
    2. Set permissions correctly to rw-r-r or
    [x] [x] [ ]
    [x] [ ] [ ]
    [x] [ ] [ ]
    3. Reboot to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik-cache.
    4. Reboot the device.

GB Battery Fix v0.8

This should work for ALL future GingerBread builds and ROMs that don't have the issue resolved(ie 2.3.5)

This fix was originally found by juggernaut of the Atrix forum...didn't realize till after X0dus pm'd me.

Enjoy the fix and Happy Holidays!

Donations are not required, but always a nice gift. If you feel as though what I have did/am doing is beneficial to you or the community, then feel free to help someone out. I'm not an "Expert Developer", but I do try, and I plan on continuing my efforts to bring you a better user experience. I have enjoyed the efforts I have put in, as I'm sure you will enjoy my work. Click the Donate Button provided if you want to donate or simply push the thanks button below. Either way, Thank You for your Time.
    Your welcome guys and keep it on topic please
    Hey guys, I was helping my little brother out with rooting his phone and came back to this thread and saw that the zip didn't work. Well I've had the zip on my drop box since I flashed it way back when.

Here it is http://db.tt/xoK5LYrs I believe that link should work.
    Peperm1nt i'm not sure if you wanted me to do that or not, you can just as well host the link yourself, it doesn't matter to me.
    Sent from my MB870 using XDA Premium App
    Didn't want pity, just understanding...

Really tortured souls of aborted children?.....not cool