[MOD] [GNEX] BEATS+XLOUDER! 4.3.1/4.4.2 [16/12] ☆ #BangonPhilippines! ☆

What version of G Nexus do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Ok, last I heard was that Beats Audio was doing absolutely nothing. It was proved by analyzing the audio output on a graph and there was absolutely no sound change. Is this still the case and people are "assuming" it's doing "something" with a placebo effect?

Thanks...
Naw, this time it actually does something. Look on page 2, Optimized bin files for the equalizer. Might be a good time to start trying it :cyclops:

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
Last I checked DSP is unsupported on the Gnexus according to supercurio, this is modded if you would call it using the the same idea.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I have a copy of DSP manager which works on my nexus http://db.tt/3nTXKUiC here. Install as a zip in cwm

I did try the other beats mod by awsome but it made no change to sound for me so will share my results with this on after work.

If any one wants to use the working DSP manager then you need to delete beats from system/app. They can't both be installed together at the same time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:
Reactions: nadiros

bigeyes0x0

Jun 20, 2011
Saigon
DSPManager and the DSP supercurio talked about are two different things: former is software based latter is HW based. This mod is also software based.

Because I'm not on JB (some of my essential apps can't run on it) and my current ROM, rascream, does not have DSPManagers, I can't test. One should nandroid or tar the specific directory this mod changes so he can get back, in case.

Reactions: The Gingerbread Man

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
DSPManager and the DSP supercurio talked about are two different things: former is software based latter is HW based. This mod is also software based.

Because I'm not on JB (some of my essential apps can't run on it) and my current ROM, rascream, does not have DSPManagers, I can't test. One should nandroid or tar the specific directory this mod changes so he can get back, in case.
You can flash the DSP manager I posted and use with rascream, I did myself, it works on both ics and jb. Just enable through settings/sound/ music effects :)

I do follow supercurio thread regarding voodoo and now you say it rings a bell about a hw limitation of DSP hence he can't do the better voodoo app.

ben83s

Feb 2, 2010
OK maybe its just that I'm an idiot, but the app isn't doing squat. I've been kicking all the options listening for a difference with my headphones. Even by doing stupid things with the equaliser its not showing any effect :/

d.cortez

Dec 30, 2005
north texas
i've noticed some improvement i speaker and earphones with music. however, no improvement in in-call volume. (or am i wrong to assume will increase in-call volume?)

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines

I had to assume that would be the case since I haven't seen any ROM's that had the DSP option in it, Tried out most ROM's out here before I finally kicked in with the stock JB. Ended up reading the thread by curio about why DSP manager wasn't done by the CM9 team was because the audio chipset wasn't supported :confused: then again, I'm not entirely sure if replacing beats with the DSP would bring out the same task as what AwesomeB does. If you check the audio conf it pulls up separately than how default DSP had done it, I'll do a rough check later. :good:

Also I've made a backup of the libs from the stock JB (I'll assume they are the same for the ICS too as the file sizes are exactly alike. Weird) in any case would need to write up a script today to delete the bin's or such to revert. :eek:

I think this makes a huge change to how everything sounds specially thru headsets makes music sound 10x better loving it
It sounds alot better I agree, Was quite surprised earlier today when I had tried out by playing all different genre's

Can i install this on the stock JB rom without having the franco or trinity kernel?
Yeap you can, Don't need the kernel for this :good: I only mentioned it would stack amazing with franco/trinity as they have sound booster mods (For headphones and speakers)

You can flash the DSP manager I posted and use with rascream, I did myself, it works on both ics and jb. Just enable through settings/sound/ music effects :)

I do follow supercurio thread regarding voodoo and now you say it rings a bell about a hw limitation of DSP hence he can't do the better voodoo app.

This kinda got to me when I first bought the GNexus, felt a little betrayed there where everyone else was getting abused with the voodoo apps. :( Tried different rom's and didn't see a DSP manager till today, I'll do some tests today and let you know buddy :) Thanks for the share :victory:

OK maybe its just that I'm an idiot, but the app isn't doing squat. I've been kicking all the options listening for a difference with my headphones. Even by doing stupid things with the equaliser its not showing any effect :/
Best method ben is to not forget to change the Music FX settings, Then enable compression and change it to Moderate/Extreme.

It's best when playing a song so you can tell the difference bud/:cool:

This mod seems OK although I can't tell if its better than DSP manager tbh. Seems basicly exactly the same just different app name and different texts in boxes.

I kinda had the first impression when I saw the pixelated B logo on top the first time :laugh:

i've noticed some improvement i speaker and earphones with music. however, no improvement in in-call volume. (or am i wrong to assume will increase in-call volume?)
For calls it's build.prop, Don't wanna mess with that but I'll see what I can do about it later today. :highfive:

ryanbmw51

Jun 9, 2011
Winter Park, FL
Read most of the thread looking but...

I'm on bigxie's jb ROM. Can I flash this? Should I? Do I need to flash this Trinity or Franco kernel first?

Thanks

vasumit

May 6, 2011
NEW DELHI
Hi Friends,

This mod works in the sense that it enables the sound effects option under sound settings and you can toggle between music fx or dsp manager in various kernel.
Although listening through headphones, the sound is loud enough, but still the external speaker volume is pretty low no matter what u select.

Guys looking for increasing the inbuilt speaker volume can try volume+ (free) from Google market. Install and then select volume+ in music effects under sound settings.

Then open volume+ then speaker settings, enable the speaker modification, select volume level to 10 (or as per Ur choice). 10 does pump the volume.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FREE.android.lvh&feature=search_result

Cheers, Sumit

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Read most of the thread looking but...

I'm on bigxie's jb ROM. Can I flash this? Should I? Do I need to flash this Trinity or Franco kernel first?

Thanks

Well according to the first page :p There are only 2 kinds of 4.1 ROM, The Jellybelly and the stock :p and I did mention if you are on JellyBelly to disregard it :p You can flash it without Trinity/Franco, It's optional, but like I've said previously, it works best with franco/trinity. Yes you can flash it. Yes you should flash it.

Hi Friends,

This mod works in the sense that it enables the sound effects option under sound settings and you can toggle between music fx or dsp manager in various kernel.
Although listening through headphones, the sound is loud enough, but still the external speaker volume is pretty low no matter what u select.

Guys looking for increasing the inbuilt speaker volume can try volume+ (free) from Google market. Install and then select volume+ in music effects under sound settings.

Then open volume+ then speaker settings, enable the speaker modification, select volume level to 10 (or as per Ur choice). 10 does pump the volume.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FREE.android.lvh&feature=search_result

Cheers, Sumit
Doesn't have any effect on JB :\ Tried it before I resorted to testing out different methods

-Volume+ doesn't work (Got the paid one)
-Equaliser crashes instantly

Also you can only select one Music FX :p Either beat's or Volume+ I wish there were profiles you know? Like

if headphones = true;
profile pref = "Awesome Beats";
else;
profile pref="Volume+";

:confused:

Dec 2, 2010
oh.. oh my.. lol this patch is AWESOMEbeats! :)

I really didnt expect much with this mod and i have messed with EQ settings by myself but this is the real deal. This is MANDATORY for any audiophile!!!

MANY THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cjward23

Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough
oh.. oh my.. lol this patch is AWESOMEbeats! :)

I really didnt expect much with this mod and i have messed with EQ settings by myself but this is the real deal. This is MANDATORY for any audiophile!!!

MANY THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol, "Beats" and "audiophile" used together. Never thought I would see that

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Lol, "Beats" and "audiophile" used together. Never thought I would see that

Today I tried it with a brand new Sennheiser to see if the audio made a difference, had the stock libs/bins CWM and this, the stock had it's fun, but tried it with the patch and I admit, I LOVE the feel of the headphone's vibrate on your ear.

@561 It's got quite the effect with headphones on. :eek: I'm a big fan of House and Techno, Bass is a massive MUST for me. Spent almost about $2000 on various headsets over the past years.

Test with this -

@patrick Glad there's more positive feedback, So far only 1 person has claimed this has caused him to not boot :confused:

Last edited: