[MOD] Google Keyboard with updated iOS 9.1 Emojis

Search This thread
Jul 4, 2016
I flashed the ios emojis and got the modded keyboard and i changed my language to english UK and everything worked fine. Two days ago i factory reset my phone. I got an apk extractor and saved all my apks to my sd card. When i installed all my apps again i made google keyboard a system app but it wouldnt work right so i uninstalled it and reinstalled as a normal app but gesture typing will not work no matter what neither will auto correct. I changed the language to UK but it wont download. Any ideas how to fix?

EqiiKxDude

Feb 24, 2016
I flashed the ios emojis and got the modded keyboard and i changed my language to english UK and everything worked fine. Two days ago i factory reset my phone. I got an apk extractor and saved all my apks to my sd card. When i installed all my apps again i made google keyboard a system app but it wouldnt work right so i uninstalled it and reinstalled as a normal app but gesture typing will not work no matter what neither will auto correct. I changed the language to UK but it wont download. Any ideas how to fix?
Did you enable it in the settings?

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Go to language and input then turn on spelling correction. It's off by default when you install a new keyboard.

Jul 4, 2016
All my settings were the same from before I reset my phone. I managed to fix it though I had to go into root explorer and then data and find the system apks and erase the one I made into a system app

noobied

Nov 26, 2013
Durham, NC
Samsung Galaxy S20
I can give you a solution for this but it's quite technical and you need to have slight XML knowledge (easy). You ready? Here we go!

- Go to /system/etc/ and open fonts.xml in an editor.
- Locate this entry:
<family>
<font weight="400" style="normal">NotoColorEmoji.ttf</font>
</family>
- Move that entry (cut and paste) below this line (This is the 95th line or somewhere near there.):
<!-- fallback fonts -->
- Save file.
- Make sure permissions are 644 (-rw-r-r).

- Now open /system/etc/fallback_fonts.xml in an editor:
- Locate this entry:
<family>
<fileset>
<file>NotoColorEmoji.ttf</file>
</fileset>
</family>
- Move that entry (cut and paste) below this line (the line is at the beginning of the xml after the description comment.):
<familyset>
- Save file.

- Reboot.
How do I revert these changes?

linkgaga

May 21, 2016
Could someone kindly enough to make us a new google keyboard with IOS 10 EMOJI for android, and maybe to view it or available to use the feature to auto replace some words with acceptable emoji??? Thank that person so much

EqiiKxDude

Feb 24, 2016
Really??? Howw so? I thought if the guy who make ios 9.3 emoji can do it then how different with ios 10?? Welpp too bad *sad*
It's very time consuming having to do each and every single one by hand. Especially with all the skin modifiers and gender modifiers. It ends up being about 1000 emojis that would have to be hand implemented

linkgaga

May 21, 2016
It's very time consuming having to do each and every single one by hand. Especially with all the skin modifiers and gender modifiers. It ends up being about 1000 emojis that would have to be hand implemented
Oh :( that sounds hard!!! But maybe he can use the old ones and add the new ones then maybe that not too hard. BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION, I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MOD OR STUFF, so dont be get upset or offened or anything...!?!?!?!

EqiiKxDude

Feb 24, 2016
Oh :( that sounds hard!!! But maybe he can use the old ones and add the new ones then maybe that not too hard. BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION, I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MOD OR STUFF, so dont be get upset or offened or anything...!?!?!?!
It's certainly possible but with very little people trying, not much progress will be made sadly

NM99

Mar 21, 2013
São Paulo - SP - Brazil
facebook.com
I updated the font, uninstalled Gboard from system and installed the modded apk.
Then I decided to uninstall the modded Gboard and install the official one from Play Store. The emoji still works.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please make a backup of the apk and /system/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf before following the instructions.

Note: Not all of the emojis present in iOS 9.1 are currently supported.

Instructions:

1. Download the ttf file and install manually or download the flashable zip (Be sure to rename AppleEmoji9.1-caiosilva96.tff to NotoColorEmoji.tff)

2. Install the modded Google Keyboard.

3. Enjoy!

Files:

- Modded TTF or Flashable ZIP
    - Modded Google Keyboard , armv64 download here

Thanks to @DespairFactor, @neonixxx, @caiosilva96 and @tccool987

Q/A
    Q: Why are some emojis black & white?
    A: Here's the solution and if you're on Lollipop you can download this flashable zip.

Q: My Google Keyboard is a system app and I can't install the mod.
    A: Uninstall the app (with an app such as Titanium Backup) and install the mod

Q: Gesture typing and/or autocorrect is broken after installing the mod.
    A: I'm still working on a fix for this, but for now switching the keyboard language to English (UK) will fix the problem.

Q: Whenever I delete some emojis, a different one appears, so I have to press backspace twice to delete.
    A: This is because the emoji requires two unicode values. Sometimes when backspace is pressed, one of the unicode value is deleted, not both. I'm not sure why this happens, hopefully someone will come along and help solve the mystery...

Changelog
    29/10/2015
    - Added secondary keys, flags and numerical symbols (1, 2, 3 etc.)
    8YljgJC.png

Why are some of my emojis black and white?

I can give you a solution for this but it's quite technical and you need to have slight XML knowledge (easy). You ready? Here we go!

- Go to /system/etc/ and open fonts.xml in an editor.
    - Locate this entry:
    <family>
    <font weight="400" style="normal">NotoColorEmoji.ttf</font>
    </family>​
    - Move that entry (cut and paste) below this line (This is the 95th line or somewhere near there.):
    <!-- fallback fonts -->​
    - Save file.

- Now open /system/etc/fallback_fonts.xml in an editor:
    - Locate this entry:
    <family>
    <fileset>
    <file>NotoColorEmoji.ttf</file>
    </fileset>
    </family>​
    - Move that entry (cut and paste) below this line (the line is at the beginning of the xml after the description comment.):
    <familyset>​
    - Save file.

- Reboot.
    good news...
    today, I've successfully build new fonts that support all new emojis (everything works just like emojione fonts) and works on 4.4+ of course...
    so here's additional release :
    - new modded font : googlefont, appleiosfont, and special twitter 2.0 font

will be ready NEXT MONDAY! :highfive: :victory:
    ????
    Prepare for a huge update soon
    I'd like to ask you guys a question. The update is ready but I'm not yet able to make the diverse emojis "popup" when the default one is chosen. So should I release it with all the emojis being in one list, or would you guys wait until I'm done?

Thanks for all the support!!!