[MOD] Google Keyboard with updated iOS 9.1 Emojis

Search This thread

airam0931

Oct 2, 2015
San Diego
We do have something to use in the meantime and you know if it takes longer youll still use it cuz hes the one person in the whole world thats doing this for us. Thanks btw @Qu3ntin0

Sent from my SM-N920T using XDA Free mobile app

Don't trip . I'm not saying anything less . I'm saying itd be nice to have new features . I'm not taking it for granted . I follow everything that comes up on xda/Reddit/jailbreak community and I know of the advancements that he has made but he is not the only helping . there are other people who have also helped so if you do not know any better please refrain from preaching

Ikmalblack95

Sep 3, 2012
Langkawi Island
master qu3ntin, can u make the new keyboard looks clean like before, not having this thing (in red circle)

Attachments

• 1446176017646.jpg
    1446176017646.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 362

lisa2206

Oct 30, 2015
Hey I just flashed the ios 9.1 emoji and it works now I can see the emojis. Thanks!
But when I tried to install the modded google keyboard it always says "App not installed." Can you please help me?
My phone is nexus 5 with chroma rom. I have aosp keyboard as stock keyboard and I downloaded google keyboard as well.

jayden2009

Dec 9, 2009
Zaandam
Flashed the new keyboard and the zip ....don't see any flags and numbers, I do see a lot of empty space (but I do have all the emoji from previous version though ) and I suddenly have hinglish also on my keyboard....how can I delete that language ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Androdarium | News

Last edited:

Qu3ntin0

Jul 6, 2015
Flashed the new keyboard and the zip ....don't see any flags and numbers, I do see a lot of empty space (but I do have all the emoji from previous version though ) and I suddenly have hinglish also on my keyboard....how can I delete that language ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Androdarium | News

Hmm, weird. I updated the link for the emoji ttf file a while back, so you could try that. For the language, you can go in settings and change the language for the keyboard from there.

kate0205

Aug 31, 2015
Reactions: jayden2009

lisa2206

Oct 30, 2015
Hey I just flashed the ios 9.1 emoji and it works now I can see the emojis. Thanks!
But when I tried to install the modded google keyboard it always says "App not installed." Can you please help me?
My phone is nexus 5 with chroma rom. I have aosp keyboard as stock keyboard and I downloaded google keyboard as well.

Edit: I finally installed the modded Google keyboard once again and it worked! Yay! Thank you so much for these emojis and the modded keyboard its awesome ?❣

JusTeN_

Apr 11, 2013
No emoji button on keyboard?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-30-20-44-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-30-20-44-33.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 255

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please make a backup of the apk and /system/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf before following the instructions.

Note: Not all of the emojis present in iOS 9.1 are currently supported.

Instructions:

1. Download the ttf file and install manually or download the flashable zip (Be sure to rename AppleEmoji9.1-caiosilva96.tff to NotoColorEmoji.tff)

2. Install the modded Google Keyboard.

3. Enjoy!

Files:

- Modded TTF or Flashable ZIP
    - Modded Google Keyboard , armv64 download here

Thanks to @DespairFactor, @neonixxx, @caiosilva96 and @tccool987

Q/A
    Q: Why are some emojis black & white?
    A: Here's the solution and if you're on Lollipop you can download this flashable zip.

Q: My Google Keyboard is a system app and I can't install the mod.
    A: Uninstall the app (with an app such as Titanium Backup) and install the mod

Q: Gesture typing and/or autocorrect is broken after installing the mod.
    A: I'm still working on a fix for this, but for now switching the keyboard language to English (UK) will fix the problem.

Q: Whenever I delete some emojis, a different one appears, so I have to press backspace twice to delete.
    A: This is because the emoji requires two unicode values. Sometimes when backspace is pressed, one of the unicode value is deleted, not both. I'm not sure why this happens, hopefully someone will come along and help solve the mystery...

Changelog
    29/10/2015
    - Added secondary keys, flags and numerical symbols (1, 2, 3 etc.)
    8YljgJC.png

Why are some of my emojis black and white?

I can give you a solution for this but it's quite technical and you need to have slight XML knowledge (easy). You ready? Here we go!

- Go to /system/etc/ and open fonts.xml in an editor.
    - Locate this entry:
    <family>
    <font weight="400" style="normal">NotoColorEmoji.ttf</font>
    </family>​
    - Move that entry (cut and paste) below this line (This is the 95th line or somewhere near there.):
    <!-- fallback fonts -->​
    - Save file.
    - Make sure permissions are 644 (-rw-r-r).

- Now open /system/etc/fallback_fonts.xml in an editor:
    - Locate this entry:
    <family>
    <fileset>
    <file>NotoColorEmoji.ttf</file>
    </fileset>
    </family>​
    - Move that entry (cut and paste) below this line (the line is at the beginning of the xml after the description comment.):
    <familyset>​
    - Save file.
    - Make sure permissions are 644 (-rw-r-r).

- Reboot.
    good news...
    today, I've successfully build new fonts that support all new emojis (everything works just like emojione fonts) and works on 4.4+ of course...
    so here's additional release :
    - new modded font : googlefont, appleiosfont, and special twitter 2.0 font

will be ready NEXT MONDAY! :highfive: :victory:
    ????
    Prepare for a huge update soon
    I'd like to ask you guys a question. The update is ready but I'm not yet able to make the diverse emojis "popup" when the default one is chosen. So should I release it with all the emojis being in one list, or would you guys wait until I'm done?

Thanks for all the support!!!