• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[MOD] Gov Tuner Project (November 10th 2018)

Senthil360

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 19, 2015
Kanyakumari
Well, its draining mine. Always had excellent battery life until the latest version, then it dropped dramatically. Sorry I don't have a screenshot of the battery performance, lost it on the reboot when going back to v2.7.

Why do we need to check periodically for a changed governor? Who changes their governor regularly?

Going by my earlier comment, I'm not the only one with this problem.
First of all , if u say a loop is draining your battery then I feel sorry for your ignorance and lack of knowledge on this matter.

The process runs in a loop , how much resource do u think a while loop repeating actively for 1 in 180 seconds will consume?

You definitely don't know how much , with that said why do u complain everything on the mod , if u would have just said 2.7 was better than 3.0 and stopped with that it would have gone easy.

Instead you tried to prove something which is totally wrong.

This is a public forum , and we developers work hard and provide our work for free , be polite , respectful and try to maintain the decorum here.

Regards,
GovTuner team.

shantam3108

Jul 8, 2015
new delhi
First of all , if u say a loop is draining your battery then I feel sorry for your ignorance and lack of knowledge on this matter.

The process runs in a loop , how much resource do u think a while loop repeating actively for 1 in 180 seconds will consume?

You definitely don't know how much , with that said why do u complain everything on the mod , if u would have just said 2.7 was better than 3.0 and stopped with that it would have gone easy.

This is a public forum , and we developers work hard and provide our work for free , be polite , respectful and try to maintain the decorum here.

Regards,
GovTuner team.
LOL he needs iPhone.

Reactions: ubelai

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Fixed tunables for interactive based governors for cluster devices

Download at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=16012#downloads

Regards,
GovTuner team.
No cluster device, battery profile, conservative gov, cpu 1000-200, all is smooth & fast like butter. You guys rock, keep doing your magic. Thanks once more:cool:

Reactions: Senthil360

justjr

Mar 24, 2013
Cuiaba
Personally, I open your scripts and copy paste the values I want. I love them, but don't like the script looping in the background, I found no reason to have a script changing it on the fly, and for me it's a bad place to go. This approach, for what I see, will not really solve the "not sticking problems".
But thank you for trying it, and for researching the values anyway! Interactive is really smooth here.

Android2003

Apr 1, 2014
I finally use 2.8.1 again.
Best battery for me.

(I found The issue why there was no file in init.d first. The Problem was a lost init.d folder. I made the folder and flash govtuner once more. And voila.....there was the file.)

Ubimo

Dec 22, 2011
I use boeffla kernel with zzmoove governor (performance profile). Why isn't this governor supported?
Edit: I found the answer in this thread.

MuradDA16

Sep 26, 2012

cimdrap

Dec 27, 2010
I did reboot, didn't fix it. In fact I posted earlier that it was good to see that it had fixed the problem which was previously observed when rebooting:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=68482826&postcount=1826

Don't assume that just because it works for you that it works for everyone
Wtf? What's wrong with you? You could use a different tone instead of pretending a thing that they are giving for free. Everybody explain the issues and bugs they find, but you are so unrespectful and upset...

Reactions: Jole7

Debuffer

Jun 23, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Just flashed 3.0.2 on my galaxy note II and it awesome bro! Using battery profile on interactive governor smooth & responsive. No more :-
1. Sound cracking on ringtone when incoming call.
2. Screen keep blank when incoming call.
3. Lag on keyboard.
Thanks Debuffer & team for your magic
Awesome! I'm happy that it's now fixed, buddy.
Wtf? What's wrong with you? You could use a different tone instead of pretending a thing that they are giving for free. Everybody explain the issues and bugs they find, but you are so unrespectful and upset...
Sadly I have to agree with you, but I keep myself in silence.
Everything is fine now.

Moto X1 Interactive - Balanced
Moto X2 Interactive - Battery
Moto G2 Inteliactive - Performance
Great! :)

Iceman

Apr 15, 2013
Georgetown[乔治市]
Govtuner 3.0.1/3.02

↓ Changelog ↓
Reverted checking interval (loop) to 3 minutes, The changes will happen every 3 minutes dynamically which will improve the battery life running the script in background.
Fixed Init.d support.

Download at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=16012#downloads
Wow, so fast got another new update 3.0.1:fingers-crossed:, currently I still in 3.0 version, here I would like to share some experience after flash 3.0 version in pass 5 hours before when my phone in standby/ idle..... I can say the battery & performance are awesome in 3.0 version. I would like to proved my phone deep sleep:fingers-crossed: I'm using Exodus mm ROM base on aosp-caf, currently is interactive governor and in balance profile:):good:.....Now I will going to try latest 3.0.1/3.0.2 version. Thanks for you hardwork;)

Sent from my armani using XDA Labs

Attachments

Debuffer

Jun 23, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Wow, so fast got another new update 3.0.1:fingers-crossed:, currently I still in 3.0 version, here I would like to share some experience after flash 3.0 version in pass 5 hours before when my phone in standby/ idle..... I can say the battery & performance are awesome in 3.0 version. I would like to proved my phone deep sleep:fingers-crossed: I'm using Exodus mm ROM base on aosp-caf, currently is interactive governor and in balance profile:):good:.....Now I will going to try latest 3.0.1 version. Thanks for you hardwork;)

Sent from my armani using XDA Labs
That's great, buddy. For your information, the latest version is 3.0.2 :)

Reactions: Iceman and Arkonite