[MOD] GPS Quick Fix - AGPS - NTP - Global

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
This is a minor modification to the gps configuration file based on other people's work last year. It adds some extra paramaters to the gps.conf file to enable a quick AGPS lock before actually locking to the GPS.

It helps quicken navigation and route finding, not to mention battery.

In my tests, I was in a car in morning and after a reboot, opened Google Maps. Got a lock within 1 second with error of 20 meters. Within 3 seconds, I had full lock with error of 7-10 meters.

This version is global so NTP servers being used are the generic ones.

Flash using any recovery !

Attachments

seanu13

Mar 29, 2013
Do you have a zip to flash back to stock? Or can you tell me the name of the file being modified so I can back it up? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Do you have a zip to flash back to stock? Or can you tell me the name of the file being modified so I can back it up? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Just look in the zip file and follow the folder tree through. You'll see what file it's replacing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
This is a minor modification to the gps configuration file based on other people's work last year. It adds some extra paramaters to the gps.conf file to enable a quick AGPS lock before actually locking to the GPS.

It helps quicken navigation and route finding, not to mention battery.

In my tests, I was in a car in morning and after a reboot, opened Google Maps. Got a lock within 1 second with error of 20 meters. Within 3 seconds, I had full lock with error of 7-10 meters.

This version is global so NTP servers being used are the generic ones.

Flash using any recovery !
Any way for us to modify this for our own specific regions?