[MOD][Guide/How to]Increase QuickSettings Maximum number (Android 4.4.2, 4.4.4, 5.0)

Search This thread

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
Hello guys!

Little guide for your use. We will increase the maximum number of quick setting items to... (well I prefer 15, but really - to whatever).
This mod will work on any device with quicksettings. It will work from android 4.4.2 to android 5 no problem.

You will need:
1. SecSettings.apk
2. Knowledge in how to decompile/baksmali
3. Any text editor (using Kate here, yay kubuntu)
4. About like... 5 minutes for the entire mod

Let's get crackin':

1. Decompile SecSettings.apk and navigato to smali/com/android/settings/Utils.smali
2. Find the following method:

Code:
.method public static getMaxFavoriteItemNumber()I
    .locals 1

.prologue
    .line 4459
    invoke-static {}, Lcom/android/settings/Utils;->isGridListUIEnabeld()Z

move-result v0

if-eqz v0, :cond_0

.line 4460
    const/16 v0, [COLOR="SeaGreen"]0x9[/COLOR]

.line 4462
    :goto_0
    return v0

:cond_0
    const/16 v0, [COLOR="Red"]0xc[/COLOR]

goto :goto_0
.end method

As you can see it's pretty straight forward: if grid is enabled (in boolean, not by default), set max number to 9 (in green). if it's disabled, set max number to 12 (in red). That's why on s5 it's set to 12 (comes by default with grid, boolean set to false) and on note 4 it's set to 9.

Basically you can just change both numbers to what you want or just the one that fits your needs. Or you can just remove the entire "innerts" of the method and write const/16 v0, 0xf return v0 and be done with it.

No matter what you do, just keep the register 16 bit large (for number greater than 7, which it is already) and stick to hexadecimal format (you can find conversion online).

I personally like the 15 Quick Settings items best (most comfortable for me).

So I just do this (on s5) (in blue is what I change to set the max number to 15):

Code:
    .locals 1

.prologue
    .line 4459

move-result v0

.line 4460
    const/16 v0, 0x9

.line 4462
    return v0

const/16 v0, [COLOR="Blue"]0xf[/COLOR]

.end method

That's it, recompile and push back (duh!) ;)

Cheers guys, if you find this helpful, use and enjoy!

Last edited:

DaOldMan

• Oct 6, 2010
    It's always my pleasure, my friend!!! Use and enjoy! Although I don't remember, in the end you guys have the quicksettings on note 3 lolli?

In the leaked lp the note 3 settings are terrible. We have only the Tab view and no quick settings whose I terribly miss. I hope the final rom will have more settings then this.
    Thomas

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: daxgirl

manikar

Jul 14, 2013
    Hello guys!

Little guide for your use. We will increase the maximum number of quick setting items to... (well I prefer 15, but really - to whatever).
    This mod will work on any device with quicksettings. It will work from android 4.4.2 to android 5 no problem.

You will need:
    1. SecSettings.apk

Let's get crackin':

1. Decompile SecSettings.apk and navigato to smali/com/android/settings/Utils.smali

Code:
        .locals 1

.prologue
        .line 4459

move-result v0

.line 4460

.line 4462
        return v0

.end method

As you can see it's pretty straight forward: if grid is enabled (in boolean, not by default), set max number to 9 (in green). if it's disabled, set max number to 12 (in red). That's why on s5 it's set to 12 (comes by default with grid, boolean set to false) and on note 4 it's set to 9.

Basically you can just change both numbers to what you want or just the one that fits your needs. Or you can just remove the entire "innerts" of the method and write const/16 v0, 0xf return v0 and be done with it.

No matter what you do, just keep the register 16 bit large (for number greater than 7, which it is already) and stick to hexadecimal format (you can find conversion online).

So I just do this (on s5) (in blue is what I change to set the max number to 15):

Code:
        .locals 1

.prologue
        .line 4459

move-result v0

.line 4460
        const/16 v0, 0x9

.line 4462
        return v0

.end method

but what about 4.2.2 can you please say how to enable them just give instructions..

manikar

Jul 14, 2013
    The quick settings in Secsettings.apk is a new function first introduced in samsung galaxy s5 on android 4.4.2. So there is absolutely no way you can have that on 4.2.2.
    Cheers!

no bro , i mean that how to increase quick toggles in notification panel please help me out in 4.2.2

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
    Jerusalem
    no bro , i mean that how to increase quick toggles in notification panel please help me out in 4.2.2
    I am not sure I understand what you mean. If you mean to have more than 5 in a row, you need to change it in integers.xml in systemui
    I know that's how it works now. I am not sure that was the case in 4.2.2. It's been awhile.
    I hope this helps.

manikar

Jul 14, 2013
    I am not sure I understand what you mean. If you mean to have more than 5 in a row, you need to change it in integers.xml in systemui
    I know that's how it works now. I am not sure that was the case in 4.2.2. It's been awhile.
    I hope this helps.

no bro what i meant is to enable hidden notification toggles in 4.2.2 ..please help me how to enable them , i found all the png files but they are hidden in notification drawer :( :(

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
    Jerusalem
    no bro what i meant is to enable hidden notification toggles in 4.2.2 ..please help me how to enable them , i found all the png files but they are hidden in notification drawer :( :(
    If those are existing toggles, you can edit sql database for setting storage and add them manually (if that's just for you) or (if you're building a rom) and if it's samsung device, you can open them using a csc feature. I will find the exact tag for you as I don't remember it by heart.

Reactions: filchi756

filchi756

Sep 29, 2010
    Tarlac city
    If those are existing toggles, you can edit sql database for setting storage and add them manually (if that's just for you) or (if you're building a rom) and if it's samsung device, you can open them using a csc feature. I will find the exact tag for you as I don't remember it by heart.

As far as I know that CSC feature is not working anymore on adding quick toggles in lollipop(or am doing it wrong?).That's the case on my Note3 by the way. I always do that on kitkat but now I can't on lollipop.:( .As usual your guides are one of the most easy to understand and easy to follow guides around. Thanks and nice job again Miss daxgirl.:good:

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

It's always my pleasure, my friend!!! Use and enjoy! Although I don't remember, in the end you guys have the quicksettings on note 3 lolli?

We have one lollipop rom on Note 3 here which has that quick settings. Its a port of the S5 secsettings.apk I think. That I extracted and use it on another rom:D,which work quite well. http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...t/n9005-lollipop-5-0-s5-note3-stable-t2994680

Last edited:

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
    Jerusalem
    As far as I know that CSC feature is not working anymore on adding quick toggles in lollipop(or am doing it wrong?).That's the case on my Note3 by the way. I always do that on kitkat but now I can't on lollipop.:( .As usual your guides are one of the most easy to understand and easy to follow guides around. Thanks and nice job again Miss daxgirl.:good:

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

We have one lollipop rom on Note 3 here which has that quick settings. Its a port of the S5 secsettings.apk I think. That I extracted and use it on another rom:D,which work quite well. http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...t/n9005-lollipop-5-0-s5-note3-stable-t2994680

I have no idea about csc feature on Lollipop whether will work or not. But I have to say that the guy was asking for 4.2.2... sooooo... looolllllll that will work for sure ?

Thanks for the secsettings reference! I don't have the note 3 anymore, but I did 'give you up' to @DaOldMan since he was looking for s5 settings for lollipop! !!

Cheers, my friend, and thank you for EVERYTHING!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

DaOldMan

• Oct 6, 2010
    I have no idea about csc feature on Lollipop whether will work or not. But I have to say that the guy was asking for 4.2.2... sooooo... looolllllll that will work for sure

Thanks for the secsettings reference! I don't have the note 3 anymore, but I did 'give you up' to @DaOldMan since he was looking for s5 settings for lollipop! !!

I know that Norma rom. That's the one only rom with Toolbox working 100%. I worked a lot on it's settings for Toolbox but couldn't find what's wrong with ours. So it's just better to use the whole apk heheh @filchi756. Will try it ;), I love Norma's settings much more then the horrible Note3 stock LP crap :(

Thomas

filchi756

Sep 29, 2010
    Tarlac city
    I know that Norma rom. That's the one only rom with Toolbox working 100%. I worked a lot on it's settings for Toolbox but couldn't find what's wrong with ours. So it's just better to use the whole apk heheh @filchi756. Will try it ;), I love Norma's settings much more then the horrible Note3 stock LP crap :(

Thomas

We are the same mate .I love Norma setting layout.That's why I use it on another rom:D.Mate try the new release version (0120). It like a mix of note4 and S5.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

I have no idea about csc feature on Lollipop whether will work or not. But I have to say that the guy was asking for 4.2.2... sooooo... looolllllll that will work for sure ?

I already told him before about it.Hope you do more guides like this eventhough your on Note4 already. It me who have to thank you Miss Daxgirl.Thanks for all the guides.:good::good::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hello guys!

You will need:
      1. SecSettings.apk

Let's get crackin':

Code:
          .locals 1

.prologue
          .line 4459

move-result v0

.line 4460

.line 4462
          return v0

.end method

Code:
          .locals 1

.prologue
          .line 4459

move-result v0

.line 4460
          const/16 v0, 0x9

.line 4462
          return v0

.end method

Your guides are always the best. Unlike others you don't keep the knowledge just to yourself. Thanks for helping us to mod our roms !

Your guides are always the best. Unlike others you don't keep the knowledge just to yourself. Thanks for helping us to mod our roms !

In the leaked lp the note 3 settings are terrible. We have only the Tab view and no quick settings whose I terribly miss. I hope the final rom will have more settings then this.
      Thomas

We will increase the maximum number of quick setting items to... (well I prefer 15, but really - to whatever).

you quick setting weirdo :p

nice guide :D
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone