• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[mod][guide]☆★nfc icon on status bar★☆

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx

HOW TO GET NFC ICON ON STATUS BAR

Requirements
1. Root Explorer or any root file apk. I did mine with Root Browser
2. Have Knowledge.

1. Go to System folder
2. CSC folder.
3. Open Feature.xml or Other.xml depending on your S4
4. Add this in under <!-- NFC -->
Code:
<CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>ATT</CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>
5. Save and reboot. Make sure you have NFC turn on

Last edited:

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
It works even on I9500 :)
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

On I9500 we have three types on NFC icon:

1)

2)
<CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>Default</CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>

3)
<CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>Cityzi</CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
It works even on I9500 :)
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

On I9500 we have three types on NFC icon:

1)

2)
<CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>Default</CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>

3)
<CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>Cityzi</CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>
I only seen 2 types of NFC icons on i9500 when I decompile sec settings.
The icons are there but with CSC/feature.xml is pretty much telling the system what to do. That N icon is set to ATT that is why it shows only with that line

Reactions: shahransani

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
I only seen 2 types of NFC icons on i9500 when I decompile sec settings.
I don't know which FW version you've explored, but in MH1 version NFC icons (and NFC CSC code parser) are in NfcNci.apk
I went with 3rd type as more compatible with other icons. First two are too big IMHO.

Reactions: _alex74_

dg350z

Sep 2, 2013
Finding Csc folder

Hi gypsy214 i cant find csc folder with root browser any idea why im using odex preroot BMG1 rom even i try with root explorer but didnt found some help would be great

Last edited:

dg350z

Sep 2, 2013
NFC icon

After try many ways i found other.xlm thanks to kkoolpatz its says"These features can be found in /system/csc/feature.xml
Some users have reported on being on a rom that does not have feature.xml. If you are one of these you may try adding the code to /system/csc/others.xml (same directory)." but even i try modified others.xml with file explorer adding these lines says cant save the changes so i think the problem its because im using preroot and not full root but im a noob so maybe some member can advise about this

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
After try many ways i found other.xlm thanks to kkoolpatz its says"These features can be found in /system/csc/feature.xml
Some users have reported on being on a rom that does not have feature.xml. If you are one of these you may try adding the code to /system/csc/others.xml (same directory)." but even i try modified others.xml with file explorer adding these lines says cant save the changes so i think the problem its because im using preroot and not full root but im a noob so maybe some member can advise about this
Right forgot to mention here in the US is on Feature.xml in Canada as well as internation is on Other.xml

dg350z

Sep 2, 2013
Right forgot to mention here in the US is on Feature.xml in Canada as well as internation is on Other.xml
well well even nobody help me i got it after many search read write work but looks awesome and open full feature.xlm customization a pic to show my Nfc icon active great great after this i will make a tuto to explain better how i go it

[/url]
subir fotos a internet[/IMG]

Last edited:
Reactions: ktouy

ktouy

May 24, 2012
Pinar
Its a little bit confusing this, i have a i9500 also features.xlm and others.xlm can someone explain to me how to do this. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

ktouy

May 24, 2012
Pinar
Ok i got it ...

<!-- NFC -->

This line into both files features.xlm and other.xlm and it worked..

Awesome!

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Ok i got it ...

<!-- NFC -->

This line into both files features.xlm and other.xlm and it worked..

Awesome!

intxeon

Aug 8, 2013
Tried both:

or

<CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>true</CscFeature_NFC_StatusBarIconType>

But I can't see the nfc icon when it is actived

What could I do?

Galaxy S4 i9505