[MOD][GUIDE][TUTORIAL] DISPLAY PROPER SIGNAL - 1x/3g Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JoshBeach

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2007
Upstate NY
This will allow proper signal indicators to show on your status bar. Shame on Sprint for always showing 3G or 4G...

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. You do this at your own risk.

Decompile SystemUI.apk

Browse to SystemUI\com\android\systemui\statusbar\policy\NetworkController.smali

Make The Following Edits...

Code:
    .line 1667
    :pswitch_fc
[B]    [COLOR="Red"]--invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/NetworkController;->updateSPRDataNetType()V
    [/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]++invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/NetworkController;->updateVZWDataNetType()V
[/COLOR]
[/B]    goto/16 :goto_d

All we did was change SPR to VZW. This will give us the Verizon Icon Set, which I believe is the same as the Sprint ones on the Note3. (My Icons are all themed)

If it is different, simply change to the public id for the 4g icon you want to use. The public Ids are located in res/values/public. search for the name of the 4g image you want to use. (Drawable-xxhdpi)

here is where the Public ID would go... still in the same .smali file

Code:
    .line 2220
    :pswitch_11f
    sget-object v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/TelephonyIcons;->DATA_4G_LTE:[[I

iget v1, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/NetworkController;->mInetCondition:I

aget-object v0, v0, v1

iput-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/NetworkController;->mDataIconList:[I

.line 2221
    const v0, [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][B]0x7f0200e0[/B] 
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will allow proper signal indicators to show on your status bar. Shame on Sprint for always showing 3G or 4G...

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. You do this at your own risk.

Decompile SystemUI.apk

Browse to SystemUI\com\android\systemui\statusbar\policy\NetworkController.smali

Make The Following Edits...

Code:
        .line 1667
        :pswitch_fc
    [B]    [COLOR="Red"]--invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/NetworkController;->updateSPRDataNetType()V
        [/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]++invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/NetworkController;->updateVZWDataNetType()V
    [/COLOR]
    [/B]    goto/16 :goto_d

All we did was change SPR to VZW. This will give us the Verizon Icon Set, which I believe is the same as the Sprint ones on the Note3. (My Icons are all themed)

If it is different, simply change to the public id for the 4g icon you want to use. The public Ids are located in res/values/public. search for the name of the 4g image you want to use. (Drawable-xxhdpi)

here is where the Public ID would go... still in the same .smali file

Code:
        .line 2220
        :pswitch_11f
        sget-object v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/TelephonyIcons;->DATA_4G_LTE:[[I

iget v1, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/NetworkController;->mInetCondition:I

aget-object v0, v0, v1

iput-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/NetworkController;->mDataIconList:[I

.line 2221
        const v0, [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][B]0x7f0200e0[/B] 
    [/COLOR]