[MOD] Hotspot Enabler

Search This thread

1chris89

Does not work, on my Htc First, I don't undertand anything is not very clear, I need help i really want to have the tether option on my device

Same here says call at&t and pay $25 a month... We need cm10 or a total bypass of the at&t mobile hotspot crap...

Thanks
Anyone else getting mms over tfdata apn?

1chris89

You could take a leap into the unknown and go WIP CM10 - Complete bypass of tethering. I have yet to use it.

The only rom that works flawlessly for me is Medusa v1.0, it just seems to work like a charm other than tethering.

Anyone know how to keep poweramp from not working at some time if u know what I mean? I blocked internet access via firewall. I'll see how long it'll work for. Unless someone else knows what to do?

Thanks

henry_acevedo

Mar 15, 2012
Panama
Not Working Now Getting Unfortunately. the proccess com.android.phone has stopped...

Reading the @ludatrick answer I did this, using SQLite editor:

Make a backup of telephony.db
Your internet APN should be configured (Settings - Mobile data - Access Point names)

1)Open Telephony.db (flange files: data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases)
2)Select 'carriers'
3)Search second row, then select Edit field
4)Change ID field with a number non used in this db (ex: in my case the last row is "42" so I used "43") - Save
5)Repeat the 3 and 4 steps, but using row 12.
6)Search the last line (or line with your carrier internet APN)
7)Select the row and Edit Field.
8)Change the ID field to "2". - Save
9)Chose the second row, then Clone Record and change ID field to '12' - Save

Just need to change a lot of things
Row number 2 -> Edit field
1)Change name to ATT Phone
2)Type to "default"
2)Insert_by field to "internal".
3)State to "readonly"

Row number 12 -> Edit field
1)Change name to Entiltlement
2)Type to "entitle"
3)State to "hidden"

Restart your phone
My phone: HTC One X AT&T 3.18 unlocked and root. Stock rom

Follow the Instructtions but on Restart Start Getting Unfortunately. the proccess com.android.phone has stopped...

Not working for HTC FIRST

Maybe I doing something wrong does any one can help me?

I just Upload the Telephony from my phone the 1st one is the original one and the second one is the edited one... But Not working

Could someone tell me if I did something Wrong?

Last edited:

1chris89

Try this change...

2)Type to "default"
3)State to "readonly"

Instead of changing to "default" to "tfdata" and make sure the apn u use in called tfdata so delete your apn and make a new one called tfdata and make the apn "tfdata" as well for internet. Set ports to 80 and enter the mms data below proxy etc.

I think it needs to know the apn you use is called "tfdata" or whatever just make the "default" say your apn title.

Good Luck - if it works ill do the same... can u just upload the files here?

henry_acevedo

Mar 15, 2012
Panama
I don't understand what u said but I upload the original files so if you check it I'm help me with that please...

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

henry_acevedo

Mar 15, 2012
Panama
Try this change...

2)Type to "default"
3)State to "readonly"

Instead of changing to "default" to "tfdata" and make sure the apn u use in called tfdata so delete your apn and make a new one called tfdata and make the apn "tfdata" as well for internet. Set ports to 80 and enter the mms data below proxy etc.

I think it needs to know the apn you use is called "tfdata" or whatever just make the "default" say your apn title.

Good Luck - if it works ill do the same... can u just upload the files here?

I don't understand what u said, about tfdata and default? I'm Confuse

jamesc760

May 12, 2010
I guess everyone has fled to the latest and greatest, how sad. Since the op's zip file seems not to work, has anyone figured out how to get tethering work correctly on First? Lots of disconnected posts on here but no complete and coherent step by step guide. I know it involves sqlite editor and editing the telephony.db but thats as far as I got. I've been using the treve mod wifi tethering app on my ATT plan and while itcworks finem I feel "dirty". It would be great if i can have native tethering, without resorting to third party app on my fully paid for First.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple and to the point.

Enables the use of stock hotspot function.

This is only working for ATT and StraightTalk - ATT Sim. If you have another carrier you will have to do the procedure yourself below.

Make a Backup, Download and Flash

Download

Thanks goes to at least 2 people.

@amphi66 for finding the correct method to make this work
    @diekastro for posting the directions to do it.
    I just did a manual merge of the telephony.db in the zip, rebooted, and it's good.

Goes in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases

So I fubar'd the install script. I will look into it. Thanks
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone