[MOD]How to customize your 3.0 lockscreen wallpaper and request thread!

Search This thread

McLabia

Mar 19, 2011
City of Sharks
I posted this in the Bolt forums, but since its the same process, I figured Id post this here as well.

First and for most,
I must start this by saying that before you do ANYTHING
make a nandroid.
If you dont, well, that sucks for you.
I take no responsibility for your mistakes.
If a your phone turns into a zombie and eats your brains...
YOU SHOULDA RAN FASTER!

Now taking requests!

I wont claim to be some great artistic talent, but if you send me the image you want to use, Ill put it together for you. Donations not necessary, but always appreciated. Thanks!
You can find ones already done here!

Requests and premades found here!

NOW FOR THE SKINNY!

So, most of us, Im pretty sure, think that the wallpaper on the lock screens suck. I was curious about if it was possible to change it and the answer I came up with was yes. Big thanks to Cy_ni_c for the heads up on this.

First of all you want to grab m10 tools.

Once you have that downloaded, open it up. Now you want to get the image ready that youre wanting as your wallpaper. To make things easier on yourself, make three copies. The image needs to be set EXACTLY this way:

1. Image needs to be resized to EXACTLY 540x960. You can do this in any image editor.

2. Flip the image upside down.

3. The images MUST be PNG format.

Once you have this done, you want to grab the IdleScreen_Weather.apk out of the rom youre usings zip folder. Its located in system/apps. Once you get the apk, you want to open up m10 and click load file. Navigate and select the IdleScreen_Weather.apk.

Once this loads, you want to click the tab that says m10 Files. At the bottom of the screen, youll see where it says Decode Images, make sure you check that box.

You want to double click the Lockscreen_weather_bg.m10. It will ask if you want to decompile it. Click yes. At this point, youll be brought to the next tab which is Editor.

From here you want to expand until you see Textures. Under there you will see three spots labeled Texture. Click that and it will bring up an image to the right. Right click on this image and click "Show in Explorer". You will see three png files in here. You want to replace each one with the images you created earlier. This is important though. Make sure you copy the name of each file youre replacing EXACTLY. Im not responsible for any errors you make on renaming.

Once you get all three of the images replaced, go back to start and then save .apk Make sure to use the same name.

Now you can either push this through ADB or just place the apk onto your SD card. If youre using a root explorer, which is how I do it cause its just easier, you want to copy the apk into the system/app folder. You want to make a backup incase you run into any issues. Once you get your edited apk inside of the system/app navigate to the file and long press and go to permissions then set them as follows.

Read Write Execute
Owner: X X 0
Group: X 0 0
Others: X 0 0

Once your permissions are fixed, you want to reboot. When you reboot let it marinate a bit. Let it load up the weather before you unlock it. While this particular method is for the weather screen, you can do this with the Friend stream, stocks or any other one you pick up. The overall method will be the same, file names will change. Over all this is simple for even the biggest of us noobs, so now take the time to hit the thanks button and enjoy your new custom lockscreen:)

Tips:

If youre having issues with the picture that you chose, thanks to Black00StangGT, theres a possible fix. Open up your image editor and change the color sync rgb profile to the generic rgb profile.

If youre still having issues and youve tried all other things, thanks to PrsnlCrcl, theres a possible fix. Before you save, zip align the apk. More on that HERE.

BIG THANKS TO CY_N_IC for this. He told me and I transcribed it. enjoy!

If youre wanting to make anything disappear from your lockscreen like the clock or date, try this out.

Find /system/apps/idlescreen_base.apk and open it in the m10 editor.

Once open navigate to Lockscreen_time.m10/0x0dc10c5e/lockscreen_time/timeline.time_fade/text.lockscreentime_ and where you see where it says Visible=1(bool) if you change this to 0 it will be hidden. You can do this with each of the items there. Remember in binary 0=off and 1=on.

Once you make the changes, go back and save it. Push with ADB or replace in a root explorer like normal. Reboot and enjoy.

Heres mine:
ScreenShot3.png

Last edited:

Rolando.Ramiro

Nov 27, 2010
San Antonio
xdaforums.com
can you make this ganja plant ready for install :O

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

or like when you try and make that a wallpaper, the area in the middle that it lets you use. :D

Attachments

• marijuana-grass-leaves.jpg
    marijuana-grass-leaves.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 812

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
me no understand other site :/

lol, can you make this one work?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1312357835870.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312357835870.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 758

tgkdubb

Dec 8, 2007
I've got a lockring you might be intrested in.

currently using 3VO...yeah I call it that.

tgkdubb

Dec 8, 2007
We've done a bunch of lockrings in a few other threads. It'll be nice to change the weather background to match(theme). Thanks for the tut will def knock a few out when I get home.

currently using 3VO...yeah I call it that.

t3project

Jun 14, 2010
so, why not just do menu/settings/personalize/lockscreen and change it to wallpaper? unless you just NEED weather on your lockscreen.

Reactions: triscuit1983

McLabia

Mar 19, 2011
City of Sharks
What? Sorry not sure what you mean. I already liked the pic when I posted it lol :) Are you posting the modded apk's or flashable zips or what? And are you ONLY posting on your other site, or here as well? Thanks again.

Im posting Modded APK's. Ill post screenshots here, but you download them from my site so that I dont have to continuously edit the OP. :) Plus since these work on the Bolt as well as the 3VO, Im not going to waste time updating links on two threads. :p I know you liked the pic, but I had to crop it and if you look at the pic I posted and the one you posted, its no longer centered because I wanted to get as much in the screen so that the weather doesnt cover it up.

so, why not just do menu/settings/personalize/lockscreen and change it to wallpaper? unless you just NEED weather on your lockscreen.

Because some people like it and not everyones a sheep? Why do you post unnecessarily?

I use the normal wallpaper lockscreen personally, but l love an unprovoked flame. :p

OP: Your all good in my eyes. :D

:p

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
I downloaded one from your page and it just kept cycling through the 3 pictures and never locked into one or showed the weather. It was one of the beach scenes. I used root explorer to add it.

Any idea's? Also changed the permissions as per the 1st post. I assume the x is what needs to be checked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I posted this in the Bolt forums, but since its the same process, I figured Id post this here as well.

First and for most,
    I must start this by saying that before you do ANYTHING
    make a nandroid.
    If you dont, well, that sucks for you.
    I take no responsibility for your mistakes.
    If a your phone turns into a zombie and eats your brains...
    YOU SHOULDA RAN FASTER!

Now taking requests!

I wont claim to be some great artistic talent, but if you send me the image you want to use, Ill put it together for you. Donations not necessary, but always appreciated. Thanks!
    You can find ones already done here!

Requests and premades found here!

NOW FOR THE SKINNY!

So, most of us, Im pretty sure, think that the wallpaper on the lock screens suck. I was curious about if it was possible to change it and the answer I came up with was yes. Big thanks to Cy_ni_c for the heads up on this.

First of all you want to grab m10 tools.

Once you have that downloaded, open it up. Now you want to get the image ready that youre wanting as your wallpaper. To make things easier on yourself, make three copies. The image needs to be set EXACTLY this way:

1. Image needs to be resized to EXACTLY 540x960. You can do this in any image editor.

2. Flip the image upside down.

3. The images MUST be PNG format.

Once you have this done, you want to grab the IdleScreen_Weather.apk out of the rom youre usings zip folder. Its located in system/apps. Once you get the apk, you want to open up m10 and click load file. Navigate and select the IdleScreen_Weather.apk.

Once this loads, you want to click the tab that says m10 Files. At the bottom of the screen, youll see where it says Decode Images, make sure you check that box.

You want to double click the Lockscreen_weather_bg.m10. It will ask if you want to decompile it. Click yes. At this point, youll be brought to the next tab which is Editor.

From here you want to expand until you see Textures. Under there you will see three spots labeled Texture. Click that and it will bring up an image to the right. Right click on this image and click "Show in Explorer". You will see three png files in here. You want to replace each one with the images you created earlier. This is important though. Make sure you copy the name of each file youre replacing EXACTLY. Im not responsible for any errors you make on renaming.

Once you get all three of the images replaced, go back to start and then save .apk Make sure to use the same name.

Now you can either push this through ADB or just place the apk onto your SD card. If youre using a root explorer, which is how I do it cause its just easier, you want to copy the apk into the system/app folder. You want to make a backup incase you run into any issues. Once you get your edited apk inside of the system/app navigate to the file and long press and go to permissions then set them as follows.

Read Write Execute
    Owner: X X 0
    Group: X 0 0
    Others: X 0 0

Once your permissions are fixed, you want to reboot. When you reboot let it marinate a bit. Let it load up the weather before you unlock it. While this particular method is for the weather screen, you can do this with the Friend stream, stocks or any other one you pick up. The overall method will be the same, file names will change. Over all this is simple for even the biggest of us noobs, so now take the time to hit the thanks button and enjoy your new custom lockscreen:)

Tips:

If youre having issues with the picture that you chose, thanks to Black00StangGT, theres a possible fix. Open up your image editor and change the color sync rgb profile to the generic rgb profile.

If youre still having issues and youve tried all other things, thanks to PrsnlCrcl, theres a possible fix. Before you save, zip align the apk. More on that HERE.

BIG THANKS TO CY_N_IC for this. He told me and I transcribed it. enjoy!

If youre wanting to make anything disappear from your lockscreen like the clock or date, try this out.

Find /system/apps/idlescreen_base.apk and open it in the m10 editor.

Once open navigate to Lockscreen_time.m10/0x0dc10c5e/lockscreen_time/timeline.time_fade/text.lockscreentime_ and where you see where it says Visible=1(bool) if you change this to 0 it will be hidden. You can do this with each of the items there. Remember in binary 0=off and 1=on.

Once you make the changes, go back and save it. Push with ADB or replace in a root explorer like normal. Reboot and enjoy.

Heres mine:
    ScreenShot3.png
    Thanks, now hurry up because you are a day behind!

J/k.....take your time if you need or go flame away and then come back to make our files.

Lol. Imma roast one right now and handle them. I think theyre already done, and I just have to upload em.

Edit: Yep, they were already done and now theyre uploaded. Enjoy fellas.

Sent from my rooted, Dark Horse INFECTED Synergy bolt running Ziggys latest.
    And without further adieu:
    x7cstmmfjx.png
    7kjptfs5ha.png

fhekwww38v.png
    iltyn1axxb.png

tky1pko1hn.png
    ibvvhsinob.png

ysqsbxx9s5.png
    x23za7iheb.png

zdwnvw42fb.png
    lxbgmluwwt.png

cjonhm6dqz.png
    aegh9ilc9o.png

nm2q1djhs7.png
    sckzqfyham.png

6k5oi8y8nn.png
    u1ac3n4deg.png

uc58hcr5nz.png
    epgsr3t5ij.png

lbki88m6jh.png
    kacpt86lu9.png

v7ss5ji94f.png
    t36kt9rekd.png

dpkiioh6zw.png
    Nice job man...

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
    I'll get em all out shortly. Imma post the one for Each as well.

Sent from my rooted, Dark Horse INFECTED Synergy bolt running Ziggys latest.