• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD]HOW TO Enable All APP in floating pen window WITHOUT 3rd app.

Search This thread
Oct 24, 2013
as we know,note3's new S PEN is interesting.but in floating pen window just display some samsung' app.
if we wanna "FLOAT" some other app,we need the app's AndroidManifest.xml contain the right signature.

and,there is a 3rd app:"Pen window Manager",it makes all app avilibale by writing others.xml or features.xml.

OK.forgive me my balabala...

in services.jar,a method controls that if an app is in white-list.

com/android/server/am/MultiWindowManagerService.smali

SEARCH THIS:
Code:
.method public isSupportScaleApp(Landroid/content/pm/ActivityInfo;)Z

AND CHANGE ITS BODY LIKE THIS:
Code:
const/4 v0, 0x1

return v0

make all app be Supportted.

in the end,forgive me my poor english.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-30-02-03-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-30-02-03-32.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 3,747
Last edited:

Luycks

Jun 14, 2007
as we know,note3's new S PEN is interesting.but in floating pen window just display some samsung' app.
if we wanna "FLOAT" some other app,we need the app's AndroidManifest.xml contain the right signature.

and,there is a 3rd app:"Pen window Manager",it makes all app avilibale by writing others.xml or features.xml.

SEARCH THIS:
Code:

Code:
const/4 v0, 0x1

return v0

Nice! Maybe you can make an Xposed module to do just this (hook into this method and always return 0), then the tweak won't disappear after every rom update!

Amdathlonuk

May 10, 2009
Abergavenny
Just wondering where is the service.jar file located? im on N9005

Found it in

Services / Framework

Was hoping to try and mod it by exporting it with 'Mobilego' which was a success.

However, I'm not sure what I need to edit the Services.jar file? as Notepad++ just brings across garbage.

Just so you know, I'm NOT rooted, but 'Mobilego' let's you go into the root directory, my thoughts were, I could alter the file, re-import it and reboot and it should work?

Edit: I've opened it with 7zip and tried to mod the file, but I can't find a program to open the unzipped document properly, can someone mod my attached services.jar and re-upload to the thread? I will then add it back to my phone to see if it works :)

Attachments

• services.jar
    313 bytes · Views: 119
Last edited:
Reactions: sazindia

codo2003

Jan 10, 2009
Hi

You mean I can import and export files from systems folder without rooting my device.

Please let me know if this is what you mean....

Amdathlonuk

May 10, 2009
Abergavenny
Hi

You mean I can import and export files from systems folder without rooting my device.

Please let me know if this is what you mean....

Yes, Mobilego let's me export files from my root directory.
I'm not sure about importing yet as I want to change the file first.

My phone is not rooted so if this works it will be excellent news.
We can mod our phones to some degree without root, we'll just be changing system files and the phone will think the software is standard.

jeed dina

Nov 17, 2008
shah alam
Yes, Mobilego let's me export files from my root directory.
I'm not sure about importing yet as I want to change the file first.

My phone is not rooted so if this works it will be excellent news.
We can mod our phones to some degree without root, we'll just be changing system files and the phone will think the software is standard.

hi there, im interstd on this mod..can mobilego also delete some samsung apps (like titanium backup):good:.. or it just to edit the scripts..

jeed dina

Nov 17, 2008
shah alam
Someone please

Can someone help me..how to proper done this mode.i just root my device..install es file explore..then what next..

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
You needs modding skill
It can't be done with just Notepad.
1.first deodex service.jar if your ROM is odexed (stock)
2.Decompile service.jar
3.look for smali folder and then follow guides from OP
4.Recompile
5.Replace service.jar to your ROM.
again note that if your ROM is odexed then you have to reodex service.jar before pushing.

Edit : I have tested, it's working.

Last edited:

ytwytw

Nov 15, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think this is a must for rom baker to implement into every single custom ROM

similar solution to the multiwindow menu?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

scorpio50

May 4, 2010
Lahore
Can anyone make a video for it coz it seems quite complex or the way ppl telling is complex.

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ken-ywk

Nov 22, 2010
Can someone make xposed module of it.. not all people are able to do this mod but xposed is easy for noob like me..

mv3900

Dec 4, 2008
Hi:

Does this work for kit kat, and does someone have more detailed instructions please.

I googled, and was able to pull the files from my /system/bin directory, but haven't found a away to deodex, modify and re-odex to put services.jar back on the phone.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Darktrooper
Q

Quarkstring

Has this been incorporated into most roms yet? Is there a rom that has this baked in already?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SEARCH THIS:
    Code:

Code:
    const/4 v0, 0x1

return v0

somebody please make a step by step tutorial for this MOD. thank you
    Just wondering where is the service.jar file located? im on N9005

Found it in

Services / Framework

Was hoping to try and mod it by exporting it with 'Mobilego' which was a success.

However, I'm not sure what I need to edit the Services.jar file? as Notepad++ just brings across garbage.

Just so you know, I'm NOT rooted, but 'Mobilego' let's you go into the root directory, my thoughts were, I could alter the file, re-import it and reboot and it should work?

Edit: I've opened it with 7zip and tried to mod the file, but I can't find a program to open the unzipped document properly, can someone mod my attached services.jar and re-upload to the thread? I will then add it back to my phone to see if it works :)
    Hi:

Does this work for kit kat, and does someone have more detailed instructions please.

I googled, and was able to pull the files from my /system/bin directory, but haven't found a away to deodex, modify and re-odex to put services.jar back on the phone.

Thanks in advance.