[MOD][How To] SecSettings Torchlight Option

Search This thread

Stavr0s91i

Jul 3, 2010
Nicosia
Adding TorchLight Option In Settings>Display.

1. Decompile SecSettings.apk
  2. Goto res/xml/display_settings.xml
  3. Apply Changes Below (Bold Red)
Code:
<PreferenceCategory android:title="@string/tts_general_section_title" android:key="general" />
<PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/wallpaper" android:key="wallpaper" android:fragment="com.android.settings.WallpaperSettings" />
<PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/led_indicator_settings" android:key="led_indicator_settings" android:fragment="com.android.settings.LedIndicatorSettings" />
[B][COLOR="Red"]<PreferenceScreen android:title="Torchlight" android:key="torchlight" android:fragment="com.android.settings.torchlight.TorchlightSettings" />[/COLOR][/B]
<PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/notification_panel_title" android:key="notification_panel_edit" android:fragment="com.android.settings.NotificationPanelMenu" />
<CheckBoxPreference android:title="@string/multi_window_title" android:key="key_multi_window" android:summary="@string/multi_window_summary" android:widgetLayout="@touchwiz:layout/preference_widget_twcheckbox" />
<SwitchPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/page_buddy" android:key="contextualpage_settings" android:summary="@string/page_buddy_summary" android:fragment="com.android.settings.ContextualPageSettings" />

Compile SecSettings.apk !

Download Complete Mod For MF8 Deodexed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-08-20-39-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-08-20-39-47.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 20,790
  • Screenshot_2013-07-08-20-39-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-08-20-39-52.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 8,047
Last edited:

Obscure Reference

Jun 2, 2013
Odd, it works like a charm for me using the shortcut method.

After setting that check box and turning the screen off the volume off button turns the light on. It stays on for as long as set in the second option or until I hit the volume down button.

I'm currently running stock firmware XXUMBF5 in case that makes any difference.

Jake_MS3

Jun 12, 2012
Just in case anyone was wondering, this works flawlessly on the GOLDENEYE v3.0 ROM in the AT&T forum

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

jeffreii

Nov 3, 2005
Miami, FL

Code:
<PreferenceCategory android:title="@string/tts_general_section_title" android:key="general" />
<PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/wallpaper" android:key="wallpaper" android:fragment="com.android.settings.WallpaperSettings" />
<PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/led_indicator_settings" android:key="led_indicator_settings" android:fragment="com.android.settings.LedIndicatorSettings" />
[B][COLOR="Red"]<PreferenceScreen android:title="Torchlight" android:key="torchlight" android:fragment="com.android.settings.torchlight.TorchlightSettings" />[/COLOR][/B]
<PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/notification_panel_title" android:key="notification_panel_edit" android:fragment="com.android.settings.NotificationPanelMenu" />
<CheckBoxPreference android:title="@string/multi_window_title" android:key="key_multi_window" android:summary="@string/multi_window_summary" android:widgetLayout="@touchwiz:layout/preference_widget_twcheckbox" />
<SwitchPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/page_buddy" android:key="contextualpage_settings" android:summary="@string/page_buddy_summary" android:fragment="com.android.settings.ContextualPageSettings" />

So does this mod conveniently put the Torch Light in the settings menu or does it also enable the functionality altogether?

I used it on my AT&T Galaxy S4 with Goldeneye 4.0 ROM and it worked great. I was doing some testing on a stock AT&T MDL S4...used Nova Launcher to grab the hidden link to the settings (not using your mod) and I was able to enable the Torch Light but it didn't actually work.

I'm wondering whether the functionality is enabled in a later build or if it's your mod that's doing the enabling.

Thanks!

Reactions: xPainki11eRx

Solange82200

Mar 27, 2009
If you download the zip in the original post, does that mean I can just flash it and skip all the instructions before it about unpacking the apk and all that? Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Solange82200

Mar 27, 2009
Hi guys. My S health app is crashing at startup, can someone else who has this mod tell me if their S health app works Ok? (I know one cause for S health crashing is having the multi Window exposed hack installed, which I fixed a while ago by uninstalling that, but now it's crashing and I can't figure out what's causing the crash.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Solange82200

Mar 27, 2009
Hi guys. My S health app is crashing at startup, can someone else who has this mod tell me if their S health app works Ok? (I know one cause for S health crashing is having the multi Window exposed hack installed, which I fixed a while ago by uninstalling that, but now it's crashing and I can't figure out what's causing the crash.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Would anyone be so kind as to compile a zip that I can flash that will return the torchlight option back to stock (as if it never happened)? I tried to see if I could find a secsettings.apk file in my phone that I could decompile and take out the edits in red, but I couldn't find the file and the guides out there on decompiling apks are way above my level of expertise. I appreciate any help I could get, thank you so much....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Another way to get to those settings is to create a custom shortcut for them.

In Nova for instance;

Long click on home screen, go to Shortcuts, Activities, Settings, Torch Light. Pick the one that points to torchlight.TorchlightSettings

Now you've got the same options. :)

Code:

So does this mod conveniently put the Torch Light in the settings menu or does it also enable the functionality altogether?

I used it on my AT&T Galaxy S4 with Goldeneye 4.0 ROM and it worked great. I was doing some testing on a stock AT&T MDL S4...used Nova Launcher to grab the hidden link to the settings (not using your mod) and I was able to enable the Torch Light but it didn't actually work.

I'm wondering whether the functionality is enabled in a later build or if it's your mod that's doing the enabling.

Thanks!
    Torchactivity is already included in secsettings..samsung just hasent added it to settings for some reason

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium
    Can't even boot up after flashing it

Please learn to read .MF8 DEODEXED.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone