[Mod] HTC One Mail w/o Exchange Security Policy

Search This thread

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Updated: 06/05/2013 - added HTC Mail client from the 4.2.2 (2.17.401.1) leak with exchange security disabled.

ARHD users, read this post: which explains why this zip doesn't work for you.

TWRP/CWM flashable zip for 4.1.2: HTCOne-Mail-nosec-flashable.zip

TWRP/CWM flashable zip for 4.2.2: HTCOne-Mail-4.2.2-nosec-flashable.zip

Installing the flashable zip:

Note: This Mail+nonprime.apk is de-odexed, the flashable zip automatically deletes Mail+nonprime.odex if present.

1. Delete existing Exchange account(s), and remove Email Device Administrators -- if any.
2. Copy flashable.zip to sdcard.
3. Reboot to recovery flash zip.
4. Reboot.
5. Setup Exchange account.
6. Enjoy and thank...

Last edited:

ranova

Jul 19, 2010
so I was wondering if it was possible to ADD some security policies to the mail app as my company requires:
- Do not Allow unsigned installation packages
- Do not Allow SMIME soft certificates

The motorola email app and Touchdown on my atrix hd do work with my exchange. But stock android and HTC's email app do not. These are the policies that popup when I try to add my work account.

TechPurist

Mar 16, 2007
Does this fix the problem of your exchange email stopping working? After a couple of days of use my email just stops syncing and I have to delete the account and set it up again. Works fine on my computer and Note 2 but a pain on the One.

MrBlahBlah

Dec 11, 2012
Don't actually need to root the rom, but do need a custom recovery in order to flash the zip.

Gotcha. Ended up rooting anyway juuuust in case. I was mostly asking because I didn't want to do anything that would mess with an OTA update, but with all the tweaks I've done so far, I'll have to restore from a clean nandroid backup before any OTA update anyway

Mod works great, thanks much!

trant01

Aug 5, 2010
Does this fix the problem of your exchange email stopping working? After a couple of days of use my email just stops syncing and I have to delete the account and set it up again. Works fine on my computer and Note 2 but a pain on the One.

been using this for about a week now and everything is fine. mail, contacts, calendar all continue to sync just fine.

litso

Jul 4, 2010
Snellville
Sweet, thanks so much! I was searching all over the internet for this this morning (even searched this forum), somehow I never was able to find this until I just stumbled across it browsing the Apps forum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated: 06/05/2013 - added HTC Mail client from the 4.2.2 (2.17.401.1) leak with exchange security disabled.

ARHD users, read this post: which explains why this zip doesn't work for you.

TWRP/CWM flashable zip for 4.1.2: HTCOne-Mail-nosec-flashable.zip

TWRP/CWM flashable zip for 4.2.2: HTCOne-Mail-4.2.2-nosec-flashable.zip

Installing the flashable zip:

Note: This Mail+nonprime.apk is de-odexed, the flashable zip automatically deletes Mail+nonprime.odex if present.

1. Delete existing Exchange account(s), and remove Email Device Administrators -- if any.
    2. Copy flashable.zip to sdcard.
    3. Reboot to recovery flash zip.
    4. Reboot.
    5. Setup Exchange account.
    6. Enjoy and thank...
    How does o one go about installing this? I get "App not installed" if I try to install it, and I tried placing it in a previous Sense 5.5 version zip and flashing from recovery with no luck (still had security enforced). Any ideas? Thanks, and sorry for the newb question.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Not so, as I tried it, and Mail simply force closes.

http://w00dstock.alex.pl.ua/mail_exchange_off.zip
    installable zip
    I tried it on m8 and m7 port.
    HTC Mail No Exchange Security Policy

for Android 4.3
    any 3.57 Base Rom

flash via CWM/TWRP.

-Thanks to MaximusHD Team

...hit thanks
    HTC Mail No Security

for Android 4.3
    any 3.22 Base Rom

flash via CWM/TWRP.

-Thanks to Insert Coin Team.
    I decided to make my own apk from stock Mail, and managed to have it work on ARHD 12 on my HTC One M7 AT&T.

See attached for the flashable zip... updater-script modified to prevent UID mismatch issue I experienced with the original zip.

Let me know how it goes :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone