• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix

exiva

Jun 26, 2009
Long Island, NY
tmbl.in
Here's an experimental (I assume jonasl will release an official update, at some point. I will remove this when that occurs.) modification of the htc_ime keyboard with voice input working on CyanogenMod 6.0-RC2 FroYo. All credit for this goes to jonasl, I just moved a folder on a whim to see if it would work, and it did.

If you'd like to build the source on your own, replace the voice folder from hi22/com/htc/android/htcime to lo/com/htc/android/htcime. Build as normal.

Proceed at your own risk, I've only loosely tested this.

You can find the updated v27 apk here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7915283&postcount=2551

Last edited:

jakmai

Aug 13, 2009
Hey guys, I noticed you can change the typing sounds to custom ones.
Heres a few sound files i use and maybe someone might like it too.
Im using sound11 for normal key and sound 9 for backspace.
Id also like to point out that the space and enter sound option on the HTC_IME is reversed.

These are sound files from Metal Gear Solid 4

Attachments

freddyemmer

Apr 2, 2008
Here's an experimental (I assume jonasl will release an official update, at some point. I will remove this when that occurs.) modification of the htc_ime keyboard with voice input working on CyanogenMod 6.0-RC2 FroYo. All credit for this goes to jonasl, I just moved a folder on a whim to see if it would work, and it did.

If you'd like to build the source on your own, replace the voice folder from hi22/com/htc/android/htcime to lo/com/htc/android/htcime. Build as normal.

Proceed at your own risk, I've only loosely tested this.
is it possible for you to make this mod available on a 240x320 screen?

fchipm

Jan 7, 2010
I've searched up and down this thread - is it currently possible or in the works to get the arrows on the keyboard for EVO users? I'm using Froyo so need this keyboard but really am missing the directional arrows. Otherwise, it's great!

mstery999

Jul 20, 2010
Lose HTC_IME

I have a N1, running CM 6-R2 and I have noticed that any time I reboot my phone, the HTC IME keyboard gets disabled and I have to go into settings to enable it again.

Any suggestions?

gIMpSTa

Sep 8, 2009
Maine
I had diffed the hi and hi22 folders and was working though making changes to the low res code, never thought to just copy the whole voice folder over tho, def would have been much quicker!

I have added a v27-froyo low res version to my online skin kitchen for anyone in this thread that asks or is interested. It has the above changes, plus a few others I had previously found and made.

gIMpSTa

Sep 8, 2009
Maine
I found what I think is a bug. When I want to type numerical value with a period in it such as 6.5 it puts a space before the last number. so 6.5 comes out as "6. 5".
That's a "feature" you can disable it -> keyboard settings, text input, "... after separators" but it will never put a space after . or , again automatically. I have that option disabled and insert periods by double tapping space enabled. I find more often then not it's better to not insert the space after period and just do it manually. YMMV.

MRE-net

Jun 5, 2006
Wow, this is a great mod. Thanks for your work man. I've been looking for a way to change keyboard layout for a long time. When I text message someone, I want to use the phone keypad, but when I send a mail, I want to use the qwerty keyboard.

On my HTC Touch Diamond (WinMo) someone had developped an app that when you took the stylus out of the Diamond, the keypad changed. That worked great.

Now I configured this mod to use an up/down gesture to switch between phone keypad and full querty...

Man, I'm so happy your dad found your mom :D.

Btw, works great om HTC Desire with LeeDroid 1.6 Froyo ROM.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone