[MOD][ICS][.587] Elegant AOSP HD Collection.... UPDATED[v1.5] [Aroma][HDPI]

Search This thread

CTCaer

Mar 24, 2012
I really like the aosp look. But anywhere I looked, I found only outdated, half-finished and low-res mods.

So I present to you the Elegant AOSP HD Collection based on latest .587 fw.

Version 1.5 of the collection is now released. Check below :D

----------------------------
Features:
For All:
1. HD AOSP look.
2. Real HDPI.
3. Uncompressed resources.arsc for less ram consumption
4. Zipaligned for performance

SemcPhone:
Fixed 2g/3g toggle (with this you can use a widget to change between them without entering settings).

InfiniteView:
Based on AeonWorld's mod

SemcContactsProvider:
Fixed contacts size from 256 to 480.
If you want the new resolution to the contacts images already stored, you must retake/crop/sync them again.
The new ones will be in full size.

Phonebook:
2 Options here: The 1st is from stock .587 which is faster, and the 2nd the NXT one with swiping between tabs.

DefaultThemes:
Want backgrounds black? You prefer the grey dithered background from sony (the one in screenshots)? Or the dark-blue gradient ics one?
Now you can flash a modded DefaultThemes and change between them whenever you want!

SemcGenericUxpRes:
Aosp themed Sony UXP framework. That means that the last bits of unmodded things are now aosp themed.
Also that will change every semc app that takes images from the uxp framework.
(It fixes buttons, checkboxes, dividers, radio buttons, headers, tab buttons and many more!!)

Conversations:
Aosp themed message app

Screnshots:

Caller Screen:
Screenshot_2012-10-31-10-33-50.png
Screenshot_2012-10-31-10-36-11.png
Screenshot_2012-10-31-10-41-34.png

Conversations, NXT Dialer/Contacts, InfiniteView:
Screenshot_2012-11-06-18-23-56.png
attachment.php
attachment.php

Stock .587 Dialer/Contacts:
Screenshot_2012-10-31-10-33-00.png
Screenshot_2012-10-31-10-33-05.png
56744013-5faa9380-6780-11e9-9e3d-d7c960c1c191.png

Instructions:
old:
Elegant Aosp v1.1
Elegant Aosp v1.2

LATEST:
Download Elegant Aosp v1.5
Aroma installation script by MrTapa

Aroma Installation:
Through CWM select Elegant_Aosp zip to flash.
Aroma interface will open and there you can choose what mod you want to install.
(I can't test aroma as I have a faulty cwm, so if not working for whatever reason just use the copy/paste way)

Copy Paste online installation:
Extract the apks from aroma folder inside the zip.
Copy the apks you want to /data
fix permissions to rw-r-r and owner to root.root for all
move it to /system/app/ and replace old ones.
Reboot.
(no need for dalvik cache wipe as ICS does it on it's own for non-framework apps when you replace them. Thats why your phone slows down when you replace them.)

More:
1. Choose only one Caller screen. 587 or NXT one.
2. When installing DefaultThemes you can choose the app background inside Settings -> Display -> Theme

More+:
Guide in french by discours.

Changelog:
(If something is changed you can see it from the tag in Aroma also)

Code:
v1.5
+Added Message app
+Fixed some icons in SemcPhone to be more aosp
+Added aosp themed Sony UXP framework. With that, phonebook becomes also full aosp.
(you'll immediately see the uxp changes in every semc app, as any hardcoded style (like in phonebook) or a 
style that points to the uxp framework, is now aosp themed)

v1.2
+Repositioned blue bar and caller name/number for better contanct image viewing.
+Added .587 Dialer/Contacts for faster loading. You can now choose between NXT (v1.0) and 587 (v1.2). Choose only one in aroma.
+Added DefaultThemes with the best aosp-like app backgrounds, ics,  sony-ics and black.

v1.1 
+Fixed Aroma installation thanks to MrTapa
+No need to flash it again if you used v1 with copy paste installation

v1 (Aroma):
+ Fixed reject drawer to caller screen so it'll have full width and restored the grey divider with transparency.
+ Added Dialler and contacts
+ Added InfiniteVew (Contacts info and edit)
+ Added fix to SemcContactsProvider, so when you add an picture to a Contact the resolution will be 480px (from 256).
That will not lower the performance of contact list as it uses a different value (96px).

old v1.1:
+Modded reject bar like aosp, as suggested by MrTapa.

Future versions
List of fixes or changes in looks that I'll implement in near future:
+Add 2nd caller screen app option in Aroma, with black background for those who don't want to mod the original DefaultThemes.apk.
+Aosp Framework-res and Aosp settings with XS icons. All in hdpi and from .587.

Please hit thanks if you enjoy my mod :)
CTCaer

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-23-09-53-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-23-09-53-03.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 4,968
  • Screenshot_2012-10-23-09-53-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-23-09-53-23.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 4,787
  • Screenshot_2012-10-25-13-10-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-25-13-10-15.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 24,499
  • Screenshot_2012-10-24-14-00-082.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-24-14-00-082.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 24,343
  • Screenshot_2012-10-25-13-45-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-25-13-45-56.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 2,642
Last edited:

CTCaer

Mar 24, 2012
+1

AOSP dial + recent calls would be good aswell...

Yep it's a work in progress collection. Next update will be dial, recent and messages probably.
And I'll try to make it as full aosp experience as possible. I wont miss a thing again (like the the reject sms that Mr. Tapa pointed) :p
Also gonna implement Aroma so you can choose what to install.

Reactions: BenniBenassi

CTCaer

Mar 24, 2012
Can you make the background color Black & the Caller picture White(15% transparent)?

Yep I can. Btw the background is currently taken from DefaultThemes.apk.
As you can see in Mr.Tapa's screenshot the background is black and mine is dark grey but the SemcPhone.apk is the same.
So a quick fix to your request for the background is to use a modded DefaultThemes.apk

Anyway I'll try and make one for you when I have time, as I am currently modding the other apks for the collection. :D

morris1975

Jul 15, 2010
contacts in call

Hi,
A big well done for this mod, it's really nice and thanks in advance for the other mods you're working on, I'll definitely install them...
Just one question - when answering a call and the mobile is locked, I got the pin lock, and I tap on the contacts icon to open the contacts app the lock screen pops up to enter the pin and then after entering the pin the contacts app opens. Is this normal? Never happened with other SemcPhone apps.
Thanks.

Regards,

Morris

CTCaer

Mar 24, 2012
Hi,
A big well done for this mod, it's really nice and thanks in advance for the other mods you're working on, I'll definitely install them...
Just one question - when answering a call and the mobile is locked, I got the pin lock, and I tap on the contacts icon to open the contacts app the lock screen pops up to enter the pin and then after entering the pin the contacts app opens. Is this normal? Never happened with other SemcPhone apps.
Thanks.

Regards,

Morris

I didn't understand exactly your problem, so I just made my lockscreen unlocking via pin code instead of swiping.
I answered the phone call and when I ended it, the phone unlocking with pin screen opened.
If you mean this, yeah it's perfectly normal as your phone restricts access to anything beside answering calls when using pin code.

In addition when not using simple swiping for unlocking security, when you answer a call and press Home to access the phone the pin screen pops up. In a nutshell it's a security feature for everything above simple swiping unlocking, and when i used pattern code and pin code for unlocking that was the behavior from day one for me.

Besides the only thing I touched in the smali code was the part which enables you to use widget for going from 2g to 3g and vice versa without entering settings.

The SemcPhone.apk is based on .587 so it acts like that. (Also I use .587 aosp looking framework-res, which I'll include in my collection in the near future. Maybe you have an older framework.)

I hope it helps,
CTCaer

morris1975

Jul 15, 2010
I didn't understand exactly your problem, so I just made my lockscreen unlocking via pin code instead of swiping.
I answered the phone call and when I ended it, the phone unlocking with pin screen opened.
If you mean this, yeah it's perfectly normal as your phone restricts access to anything beside answering calls when using pin code.

In addition when not using simple swiping for unlocking security, when you answer a call and press Home to access the phone the pin screen pops up. In a nutshell it's a security feature for everything above simple swiping unlocking, and when i used pattern code and pin code for unlocking that was the behavior from day one for me.

Besides the only thing I touched in the smali code was the part which enables you to use widget for going from 2g to 3g and vice versa without entering settings.

The SemcPhone.apk is based on .587 so it acts like that. (Also I use .587 aosp looking framework-res, which I'll include in my collection in the near future. Maybe you have an older framework.)

I hope it helps,
CTCaer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. What I meant is that during a call I tap the contacts icon and the pin unlock opens and after entering the pin the contacts open. So I opened the contacts from the contact icon on the call screen with the call still active.

Regards,

Morris

CTCaer

Mar 24, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. What I meant is that during a call I tap the contacts icon and the pin unlock opens and after entering the pin the contacts open. So I opened the contacts from the contact icon on the call screen with the call still active.

Regards,

Morris

Oh I understand now. Same as before, the contacts is the Phonebook.apk, so it's another app. And it triggers the security pin lock.
Normal behavior in stock framework at .587 (dont know for 431 though).
I think the one you used if they behaved like that they had code that broke through the pin security probably.
Sorry but I can do sth for this as it's stock behavior and removing it needs advanced smali reverse coding.

Anyway think of it as a security feature (which it is anyway) now. No one can now access your phone with calling it and break through your pin code security. :D

morris1975

Jul 15, 2010
Oh I understand now. Same as before, the contacts is the Phonebook.apk, so it's another app. And it triggers the security pin lock.
Normal behavior in stock framework at .587 (dont know for 431 though).
I think the one you used if they behaved like that they had code that broke through the pin security probably.
Sorry but I can do sth for this as it's stock behavior and removing it needs advanced smali reverse coding.

Anyway think of it as a security feature (which it is anyway) now. No one can now access your phone with calling it and break through your pin code security. :D

Ok, no problem. I like it this way. Just wanted to know if it's normal. Thanks a lot... waiting eagerly for your other mods...

Regards,

Morris

discours

Oct 17, 2012
Hi,
I have installed it this morning. So simple to install, so cool to use. This is a model of well thinking developpement.

Clever rom developers seems to be close with my opinion. We'll see your job sooner as the default caller in the best Mods; for our pleasure. :victory:

Regards

PS : I'll post tomorrow a french tutorial for your app on phonandroid.com

CTCaer

Mar 24, 2012
PS : I'll post tomorrow a french tutorial for your app on phonandroid.com

Cool. Please give proper credits there. :)

------------
Progress Update:
SemcPhone: v1.2 Done. (have new update to it with full width reject call drawer)
Phonebook.apk: Done
InfiteView.apk: Done. (Used AeonWorld's one as a base)
Conversation.apk: Need to mod the received bubble to aosp blue.
Aroma implementation: I think it's done. That's for those who want to just flash it and also want to choose what to install.

I'm trying now to figure out the thumbnail constant in the phonebook so we can have a better resolution (close to width:480) and also
having it displayed as a nice 4:3 (or a little less height) ratio in infinite view.
From that will also benefit the semcphone app for the caller picture.

After this is done I'll post the next update (without message app yet).

------------
ps: The framework-res, systemui, settings gonna have to wait a little as I've performed a clean process in languages (kept default, en and gr languages) and reduced resources size for about 3 to 6mb so I can enjoy less ram consumption and faster opening (for example settings needs far less than a second including animation to open and show everything for 1st time. And I didn't keep the original folders. :)
When I'll fix these gonna post the 3rd update and also gonna make a guide thread on how to clean a system apk and keep only your language and default.

EDIT: -----------------------------
Ok the problem is not inside phonebook.apk as it allows for large photos of max 675x675 and small 96x96.
In SemcContactsProvider.apk is the secret though. The magic number 256 for config_max_display_photo_dim showed up.
Fixing this will allow for fast contacts scrolling as they will use the 96px size ones and will have the bigger resolution only in caller screen and infiniteview. So everything will remain fast.
Patching and testing now... let's see. :D

Last edited:

CTCaer

Mar 24, 2012
The Part 2 of the Collection was released.
It now comes with aroma so you can flash it through cwm and also choose what to install. Otherwise you can extract the apks from aroma folder.

Check 1st post :D

BreckZeBoulay

Oct 23, 2012
Boulay in Frankreich :D
Is it possible to put under the contact's image the blue connexion bar ?
Because my girl friend has this bar in the eyes and she doesn't like that :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-25-13-34-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-25-13-34-08.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 353

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I really like the aosp look. But anywhere I looked, I found only outdated, half-finished and low-res mods.

So I present to you the Elegant AOSP HD Collection based on latest .587 fw.

Version 1.5 of the collection is now released. Check below :D

Features:
    For All:
    1. HD AOSP look.
    2. Real HDPI.
    3. Uncompressed resources.arsc for less ram consumption
    4. Zipaligned for performance

SemcPhone:
    Fixed 2g/3g toggle (with this you can use a widget to change between them without entering settings).

InfiniteView:
    Based on AeonWorld's mod

SemcContactsProvider:
    Fixed contacts size from 256 to 480.
    If you want the new resolution to the contacts images already stored, you must retake/crop/sync them again.
    The new ones will be in full size.

Phonebook:
    2 Options here: The 1st is from stock .587 which is faster, and the 2nd the NXT one with swiping between tabs.

DefaultThemes:
    Want backgrounds black? You prefer the grey dithered background from sony (the one in screenshots)? Or the dark-blue gradient ics one?
    Now you can flash a modded DefaultThemes and change between them whenever you want!

SemcGenericUxpRes:
    Aosp themed Sony UXP framework. That means that the last bits of unmodded things are now aosp themed.
    Also that will change every semc app that takes images from the uxp framework.
    (It fixes buttons, checkboxes, dividers, radio buttons, headers, tab buttons and many more!!)

Conversations:
    Aosp themed message app

Screnshots:

Caller Screen:
    Screenshot_2012-10-31-10-33-50.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-31-10-36-11.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-31-10-41-34.png

Conversations, NXT Dialer/Contacts, InfiniteView:
    Screenshot_2012-11-06-18-23-56.png
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Stock .587 Dialer/Contacts:
    Screenshot_2012-10-31-10-33-00.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-31-10-33-05.png
    56744013-5faa9380-6780-11e9-9e3d-d7c960c1c191.png

Instructions:
    old:
    Elegant Aosp v1.1
    Elegant Aosp v1.2

LATEST:
    Download Elegant Aosp v1.5
    Aroma installation script by MrTapa

Aroma Installation:
    Through CWM select Elegant_Aosp zip to flash.
    Aroma interface will open and there you can choose what mod you want to install.
    (I can't test aroma as I have a faulty cwm, so if not working for whatever reason just use the copy/paste way)

Copy Paste online installation:
    Extract the apks from aroma folder inside the zip.
    Copy the apks you want to /data
    fix permissions to rw-r-r and owner to root.root for all
    move it to /system/app/ and replace old ones.
    Reboot.
    (no need for dalvik cache wipe as ICS does it on it's own for non-framework apps when you replace them. Thats why your phone slows down when you replace them.)

More:
    1. Choose only one Caller screen. 587 or NXT one.
    2. When installing DefaultThemes you can choose the app background inside Settings -> Display -> Theme

More+:
    Guide in french by discours.

Changelog:
    (If something is changed you can see it from the tag in Aroma also)

Code:
    v1.5
    +Added Message app
    +Fixed some icons in SemcPhone to be more aosp
    +Added aosp themed Sony UXP framework. With that, phonebook becomes also full aosp.
    (you'll immediately see the uxp changes in every semc app, as any hardcoded style (like in phonebook) or a 
    style that points to the uxp framework, is now aosp themed)

v1.2
    +Repositioned blue bar and caller name/number for better contanct image viewing.
    +Added .587 Dialer/Contacts for faster loading. You can now choose between NXT (v1.0) and 587 (v1.2). Choose only one in aroma.
    +Added DefaultThemes with the best aosp-like app backgrounds, ics,  sony-ics and black.

v1.1 
    +Fixed Aroma installation thanks to MrTapa
    +No need to flash it again if you used v1 with copy paste installation

v1 (Aroma):
    + Fixed reject drawer to caller screen so it'll have full width and restored the grey divider with transparency.
    + Added Dialler and contacts
    + Added InfiniteVew (Contacts info and edit)
    + Added fix to SemcContactsProvider, so when you add an picture to a Contact the resolution will be 480px (from 256).
    That will not lower the performance of contact list as it uses a different value (96px).

old v1.1:
    +Modded reject bar like aosp, as suggested by MrTapa.

Future versions
    List of fixes or changes in looks that I'll implement in near future:
    +Add 2nd caller screen app option in Aroma, with black background for those who don't want to mod the original DefaultThemes.apk.
    +Aosp Framework-res and Aosp settings with XS icons. All in hdpi and from .587.

Please hit thanks if you enjoy my mod :)
    CTCaer
    Hey. I was going to do the same in my free time. Anyway congrats. it looks realy good. I have added AOSP messege reject :)
    here are the files https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68292053/aosp reject.zip
    2012-10-23%2017.38.42.png
    Hi everyone,

I have re-mod the call screen base on CTCaer work:

- Using the old slider of stock rom and using the "SMS slider" just like Xperia Z.
    - Moving the "blue bar" to the top.

If you are interested, please download the attachment. Just flash the zip file in CWM.

Thank CTCaer so much for helping me so far :good:.

PS: my apk is already zipalign.
    Hi,

My friend CTCaer, I change the filein .zip and after that I flash and everything is ok.

But they are words to translate... see attached photos,
    And are more two screens that need translation:
    1 - when we reject a call apear "Busy tone sent" and the correct words are"Tom de ocupado enviado"
    2 - when we stop a call apear "Call ended" and the correct is "Chamada terminada"

If you tell me in witch file is all this words I can try to make this.

Regards

Joao

I saw your pm with the pt translation but I don't have time to work on this now. Sorry
    For now try it your self though. Donwload apkmulti or any other android apk mod kitchen and play with it.

Happy with the mod and love it......why dont you change the style of connecting the call to the original aosp style i.e.a ring with three options....also please update to the new style....

This needs smali editing. It was in my future plans sometime ago though.
    I'll come back to it in the future

Can you help me?

I wanna change the jb contacts and quickcontacts photo height size. But i can't figure out which files must i modifying.

THX.

Well all sizes are in dimensions.xml file inside values folder.
    Hello Dear CTCaer ! I am really like your works(Elegant AOSP and CTCkernel 2.52)
    Long time ago no updates in AOSP !
    Waiting for your news!

Hey thanks. I was planning but when I finished my exams I started working on building my own kernels so didn't have a lot of time to work with aosp mods.

I have in my possession some more mods. They are not currently in a releasable state so when I have time I'll work on them.
    Have in mind that I'll take priority on testing mods and hacks to the kernel first.