(MOD)Improve performance eliminate lag with CTTMod (updated 11/08)

Search This thread

abhilash2908

Aug 20, 2013
@Robshr Is this ok? The temperature throttle was turned off by default. I turned it on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20180530-075642.png
    Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20180530-075642.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 813

abhilash2908

Aug 20, 2013
@Robshr In your guide, you have also mentioned to turn on all the cores. I'm not quite sure whether it's been done already. I've attached some screenshots. Can you tell whether it's done or not. If not, then how do I do it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20180530-081929.jpg
    Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20180530-081929.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 490
  • Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20180530-081947.jpg
    Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20180530-081947.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 498
  • Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20180530-081954.jpg
    Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20180530-081954.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 490

cathlynn

Jan 14, 2016
This mod has completely fried my phone after charging. After charging overnight, it became completely unresponsive, with no signs of life. I'm assuming it's due to my replaced battery, since there is no thermistor on the battery temperature.

:eek:

WARNING: Do not install this mod on a phone with a replaced battery. Your phone will completely die.
Have you got clear proof that this is the case? Just wondering because I have a replaced battery as well and was about to install this mod when I saw your post. Thanks

BuffMcBigHuge

May 31, 2012
Ottawa
marcotundo.com
Have you got clear proof that this is the case? Just wondering because I have a replaced battery as well and was about to install this mod when I saw your post. Thanks

The phone had been running with RR 8.1, EX Kernel and new battery without a hitch for 3+ months, flashed CTTmod, phone bricked that evening.

As of now, the phone won't charge or turn on at all. For all I know, the device could have been immensely hot overnight while charging and could have been a fire hazard. The phone was quite hot when I was plugging it in before it went.

cathlynn

Jan 14, 2016
The phone had been running with RR 8.1, EX Kernel and new battery without a hitch for 3+ months, flashed CTTmod, phone bricked that evening.

As of now, the phone won't charge or turn on at all. For all I know, the device could have been immensely hot overnight while charging and could have been a fire hazard. The phone was quite hot when I was plugging it in before it went.
No worries. Thanks for the warning. I did previously have the mod installed on RR but then got my battery replaced and switched to FireHound and crDroid and haven't reflash the mod back on. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Reactions: BuffMcBigHuge

Robshr

Oct 8, 2012
Allentown
This mod has completely fried my phone after charging. After charging overnight, it became completely unresponsive, with no signs of life. I'm assuming it's due to my replaced battery, since there is no thermistor on the battery temperature.

WARNING: Do not install this mod on a phone with a replaced battery. Your phone will completely die.
I have it installed with a replaced battery

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
  • Jun 6, 2014
    Ambala
    OnePlus 5
    can i install on lineage 14.1 for i9100 samsung ?

Please don't. You'll end up breaking a lot of things.

I have it installed with a replaced battery

I was using this mod when I had my 6P with a replaced with battery. Nothing of that sort happened. The mod worked fine without any issues whatsoever. It's unfortunate what happened to the 6P in question, but it could've easily been a combination of factors, and not just this mod. :)

Please android pie support

Can I flash this on Android pie

No there is no build for android p

Android Pie won't be officially coming to the 6P. Hence, there are no updated thermal files for @Robshr to re-base the mod on. The last version for Oreo should theoretically work fine on Pie too. :)

Reactions: shaikhalid007

yossi2010

Feb 6, 2012
    netanya

Did you have an officially replaced battery or a "fake" one?

sethukrishnan

May 3, 2014
    kerala
    anyone got any issue while installing plugins from substrantum ??
    i got an error saying 'Please compile this overlay before applying'..
    Not related to CTT mode I think.

Pls do compile the overlay before u apply it. Thr will be an option for that. Click and wait, few seconds it will be compiled and then apply and voila!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Introducing the CTTMod
      (cpu thermal throttling mod)
      Most popular mod for the G3 & G4 now here for the Nexus
      Remember always make a full nandroid backup before doing anything
      I Am Not Responsible For Anything You Do To Your Device.
      Please read entire op before asking questions

Rom & kernel developers please feel free to include in your work. Just please give proper credit thanks

Best used in conjunction with an over clocked kernel i.e. elemental x
      Working to improve performance eliminate lag along with lowering the core temps allowing your phone to continue to run smoothly after long or heavy periods of use.
      Thermal control works by throttling the CPU down to preset frequencies at preset temperatures and is also done in a preset # of steps. Thermals also monitor and play parts in controlling other components like the GPU, battery and a couple of other things.
      First let me be clear about one thing
      The CTTMod does not turn off thermal throttling. Now the trick of going into the hidden menu and turning thermal mitigation and thermal control on. That does turn off all thermal monitoring and control and I highly advise against ever doing it. You take a huge risk of frying your phone.

What I've done is changed the first frequency bump down of two in the little cluster and left the 2nd stock
      And in the big cluster I changed the first and second frequency bump downs of three and left the third stock
      I've also increased the temperature at which it resets by 5° in versions 4x
      For more info on how thermal works along with how the governor affects performance you can check out my op for the CTTMod for the G3 here

Instructions

1: Do a full nandroid back up
      2: Back up your thermal file which is in system/etc ( thermal-engine.conf )
      3: Flash mod and wipe cache
      4: Reboot
      5: In your kernel control app like kernel auditor set your thermal driver to msm thermal or temperature limit SoC temperture limit depending on what you kernel offers
      The idea in the above is to make the kernel use the system's stock thermal driver which is the one I modded
      I personally also check all cores on
      Finally enjoy
      One final note this mod and xceed kernel do not work together as xceed has built in it's own thermal control. If you would like to use this mod with xceed kernel you would have to ask the developer of xceed to make a compatible version. Sorry out of my hands.

Please hit the thanks Button and give it a 5 star rating :good:
      Downloads

AFH downloads:

CTTMod v-3.1

CTTMod-v4
      Change log: increased when the CPU resets after it has reached it's max temp, upped from 55°c to 60°c

CTTMod v-4.1
      Changelog: increased the frequency of the first bump down in the big cluster

CTTMod v-5
      Changelog: Increased the temperature by 2° at which the CPU and GPU bumps down there frequencies (Left the last bump 2 bump downs stock)

CTTMod v-5.1
      Changelog: increased the temps of the CPU and GPU first 2 bump downs. CPU now starts throttling at 48°c and GPU starts at 44°c

CTTMod V-6
      Changelog: increased 2nd GPU frequency step down and the goal of the experimental part is to lower overall temps

CTTMod- v6.1 revised
      Change log: Fixed smoothness and I also modified the thermal hot plugging
      Giving the option to use the stock thermal hot plug and still reap the rewards of this mod (please Google or an xda search on hot plug/ing if you don't know what it is before asking)

CTTMod 6.2: Improved performance

* 6- for MM *
      * 7+ for nougat only *

CTTMod-V-7 1 Nougat
      Updated for the final version on nougat (plus some added improvements)
      Fixed and reuploaded

CTTMod 7.2 Nougat
      Improved performance

CTTMod 8 over clocked nougat
      Increased both big and little clustered first bump down and the GPUs first bump down to increase performance on kernels that can be overclocked to at least 2ghz on the big cluster and 1.7 on the small cluster

CTTMod 8.1 over clocked nougat Increased first bump down on big and little clusters

CttMod-Oreo-stock kernel-v-1

CttMod-Oreo-over clocked kernel-v-1

Donations are welcome but not required
      At least please hit the thanks button to show your appreciation
      Thanks Rob
      Return to stock, pre-releases & governor settings

Return to stock-
      Stock thermal

CTTMod 7.1.1 test version

Original thermals taken from the latest build of nitrogen ROM with there kernel

Go here for my CPU interactive governor settings for the best balance for performance and battery
      I recommend elemental x kernel over clocked, I/o schedule to deadline and f sync off
      For anyone interested here are my governor settings
      First 2 are for the big cluster and the second 2 are little cluster
      Over 250 downloads and counting
      Thanks for your support
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone