[MOD] Improve your battery life tenfold (modded version for SGM) v2.7.1 [03/12/13]

Search This thread

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
Improve your battery life tenfold by Herohttp://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3057569
Original thread can be found here

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

*** Use at your own risk, may conflict with some ROMs or mods (like Adrenaline Engine) ***

This mod was created specially to achieve a good-battery life, by tweaking some values from sysctl.conf.
From phone to phone, improvements of the battery feel different if patch is applied.
So please give it a try, anyone can test it! I'm watching for feedback (good and/or bad) and I hope it's very useful for you! :)
This is a version created by me specially for Samsung Galaxy Mini, based of Hero's mod.

I made this as a flashable zip file, to make things very easy for you. ;)
Bellow you can see attached file.

*** Instructions:
1. Reboot to CWM
2. Wipe Battery Stats
3. Mount /system
3. Flash zip file

*** Before you flash zip file, you need to have a ROM installed with following features:
* Kernel with zram swap
* Kernel with init.d support

*** Changelog:
05/22/2012 - Initial version (v1.0)
05/25/2012 - v2.0 launched, removed some lines to provide stability
06/01/2012 - v2.1 launched, removed duplicate lines
06/05/2012 - v2.2 launched, including minor changes
06/13/2012 - v2.5 launched, including many changes: converted the tweaks into bash code and put into a single file for init.d folder, no more conflicts with some ROMs (I hope)
06/20/2012 - New version (v2.6), including minor changes
03/10/2013 - New version (v2.7), including some changes and tweaks for internet
03/12/2013 - New version (v2.7.1), including minor changes

*** How can I delete/uninstall this mod?
Go to /system/etc/init.d, delete X95battery and reboot the smartphone.

=== WARNING !!! ===

Before you flash this mod, go to /system/etc/init.d and to delete any file that contains "sysctl" (e.g. 01sysctl, 10sysctl, 90sysct) in order to see this working.

You can include this in any ROM but at least leave me a private message!
I'm not really a dev, so maybe this patch can be improved to be better than current version.
Give feedback, send suggestions to make a better patch, to make a better Galaxy Mini for users. :D

Attachments

• battery_improvement_mod_v2.7.1.zip
    126.1 KB · Views: 868
Last edited:

R.A.G.E

Mar 29, 2012
Ho Chi Minh
What are the differences between this and the original one and the one in the ace forum. I've tried one on the ace forum and notice no change at all. Hope this one work:)

ahninz

Oct 8, 2011
Not enough memory appears when I open some apps?

Sent from my GT-S5570

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
What are the differences between this and the original one and the one in the ace forum. I've tried one on the ace forum and notice no change at all. Hope this one work:)

I removed some lines related to network tweaks (or something like this) because battery drained quickly. With this version, my phone is most stable and reliable (at least for me).

ahninz

Oct 8, 2011
Maybe conflict with my rom scripts. Any way to uninstall it?

Sent from my GT-S5570

vampin

Mar 25, 2007
Chania
dude you rock......this thing works as hell. very stable and working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: snow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Improve your battery life tenfold by Herohttp://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3057569
    Original thread can be found here

*** Use at your own risk, may conflict with some ROMs or mods (like Adrenaline Engine) ***

This mod was created specially to achieve a good-battery life, by tweaking some values from sysctl.conf.
    From phone to phone, improvements of the battery feel different if patch is applied.
    So please give it a try, anyone can test it! I'm watching for feedback (good and/or bad) and I hope it's very useful for you! :)
    This is a version created by me specially for Samsung Galaxy Mini, based of Hero's mod.

I made this as a flashable zip file, to make things very easy for you. ;)
    Bellow you can see attached file.

*** Instructions:
    1. Reboot to CWM
    2. Wipe Battery Stats
    3. Mount /system
    3. Flash zip file

*** Before you flash zip file, you need to have a ROM installed with following features:
    * Kernel with zram swap
    * Kernel with init.d support

*** Changelog:
    05/22/2012 - Initial version (v1.0)
    05/25/2012 - v2.0 launched, removed some lines to provide stability
    06/01/2012 - v2.1 launched, removed duplicate lines
    06/05/2012 - v2.2 launched, including minor changes
    06/13/2012 - v2.5 launched, including many changes: converted the tweaks into bash code and put into a single file for init.d folder, no more conflicts with some ROMs (I hope)
    06/20/2012 - New version (v2.6), including minor changes
    03/10/2013 - New version (v2.7), including some changes and tweaks for internet
    03/12/2013 - New version (v2.7.1), including minor changes

*** How can I delete/uninstall this mod?
    Go to /system/etc/init.d, delete X95battery and reboot the smartphone.

=== WARNING !!! ===

Before you flash this mod, go to /system/etc/init.d and to delete any file that contains "sysctl" (e.g. 01sysctl, 10sysctl, 90sysct) in order to see this working.

You can include this in any ROM but at least leave me a private message!
    I'm not really a dev, so maybe this patch can be improved to be better than current version.
    Give feedback, send suggestions to make a better patch, to make a better Galaxy Mini for users. :D
    I made a special fixed version of Adrenaline Engine 4.2 which will work with my mod. :)

I really want to make a ROM. Maybe in near future. :)
    dude you rock......this thing works as hell. very stable and working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Is there a way to uninstall this? My battery seems to be draining faster now :(

Try to wipe battery stats.
    same problem happens to my current rom. no internet after reboot.
    i delete the script, internet comes back. i think it because of this script.

i'll test the new version.

EDIT: no internet access after installing this script (v2.71).

Thanks for your feedback. I'm going to test more this mod. :)
    And sorry about that.