[MOD] In-Call Quality Fix for Sense 5 - 15/10

pirlano

About the mod:

This mod disable noise suppression, so we don't have any bad outgoing call quality issue, few people reported this problem with new semi-official Sense 5.

Download:

Pirlano kernel v.1.1 (fix incoming call quality issue, raccommended)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2442164
https://mega.co.nz/#!oVdSyJaY!LCxmKX3e6_UOYCIPUgHqJkHcM8pagVvgZTbb6nv8vrc (direct download)

Disable Noise Suppression (fix outgoing call quality issue, it's optional, noise suppression is a good feature)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2322445&d=1381676192

Earpiece Volume Enhancer (if you prefer an higer earpiece volume, it's optional)
https://mega.co.nz/#!ME0VjDQa!UsXqUwkLbyDqVKdiwPOaHApq7IVE3CC0s6uaRdn4iVQ

Back to stock (Noise Suppression On)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2322446&d=1381676192

Donation:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/donatetome.php?u=2351000

Help me to buy an original HTC MHL Cable and an original HTC One X+ 2100mha battery, i'll try to add full battery support for One S and video-out at [email protected], i read somewhere that FullHD support is crappy :)

Other things you can do:

Help me to understand what's the best kernel/rom combination, so i can try to fix incoming call quality (incall volume fading).

Attachments

Last edited:

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
I must say that I'm a little surprised that the noise suppression is done in the phone apk, wasn't expecting that at all. I will definitely test this to see if my theory was correct. And if it really fixes the problem, you've definitely earned yourself a beer. ;)

puep.puep

Apr 8, 2013
Flashed and no improvement,still have bad sound in call ,but other side hears well ,as before ...

Do hit thanks button if I helped you :)
sent from xda 4 premium mobile app
Are you on Maximus Stock Kernel or on ElementalX? Because I experienced even worse sound with ElementalX...

luxandroid

Feb 5, 2011
Osijek
I am on ElementalX..don't remember how bad it was on stock but this fix didn't fix anything for me

pirlano

I think it's my bad, noise suppression is referred to our mic, not incoming call. So this mod can help to fix outgoing call problems, not incoming ones.
The good news is that i have an idea, i may know where are parameters to change incoming call settings too :)
@luxandroid, @rosswhite, @CazeW: can you tell me what rom/kernel (new or old rom) is/was working better for you (regarding in call quality)?

Last edited:

puep.puep

Apr 8, 2013
Originally Posted by stunner2002
Few days ago I've seen an option to disable data during calls so it logs into GSM network. I cant remember where... could be a Xposed Module or so. Did anybody know what i mean and can tell me where to find it? I think it could fix our poor voice quality issue. The quality is great, better than with 4.1.1, if the signal is good and thats almost everytime the case if not connectet to a data network.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
That's from a different thread. Don't know if that causes the problem but I am a 100% sure that there was no data when calling on 4.1.1...maybe it logged into GSM network as stunner2002 said?!

EDIT: when googling found something about dual mode transfer setting (ro.ril.enable.dtm) in build.prop. Was that disabled in 4.1.1? Does that have anything to do with it?

Last edited:

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
I think it's my bad, noise suppression is referred to our mic, not incoming call. So this mod can help to fix outgoing call problems, not incoming ones.
The good news is that i have an idea, i may know where are parameters to change incoming call settings too :)
@luxandroid, @rosswhite, @CazeW: can you tell me what rom/kernel (new or old rom) is/was working better for you (regarding in call quality)?
This ROM and this kernel is what I used before MaximusHD and had no problems with call quality.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

ipit

Nov 29, 2010
May be it's just me but the fading only happens to me when I'm on the phone to a landline (and not all the time). Mobile phones seem to be ok.

Outgoing is definitely no issue so I'm not sure how noise supression has anything to do with it

puep.puep

Apr 8, 2013
For me the quality only gets bad when the other side speaks quiet. If the person speaks loud, quality is okay. When the opposite is speaking quiet, it seems some parts are cut off...

luxandroid

Feb 5, 2011
Osijek
For me the quality only gets bad when the other side speaks quiet. If the person speaks loud, quality is okay. When the opposite is speaking quiet, it seems some parts are cut off...
Something like that,that's why I have problems mostly hearing my wife ;)

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

Before MaximusHd had no incall problems whatsoever,was on Odissey ROM

gelo01

Sep 18, 2012
Manila
I don't know why i haven't experienced any in-call volume issues. May it be incoming or outgoing. In fact, in-call volume is more louder now on maximusHD than when i was on viper before. But in case in the future, if i experience those issues (hopefully not. :p), i might try flashing this mod. Thank you anyway. :)

stunner2002

Dec 14, 2009
Cologne
Japp, headphones to. It wouldnt fix it if the volume is raised its a Software issue. I notice sometimes the data connection is disabled by default when i call someone. If its the case Sound quality is outstanding. But its not always the case it disables automatically :confused:

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
Japp, headphones to. It wouldnt fix it if the volume is raised its a Software issue. I notice sometimes the data connection is disabled by default when i call someone. If its the case Sound quality is outstanding. But its not always the case it disables automatically :confused:

I've had data completely disabled and still get problem so I doubt it's caused by that. And I agree that raising the volume will most likely do nothing to fix it.

I could also mention that I've tried both a different kernel (ElementalX) and a different radio and still had the problem.

Reactions: stunner2002