• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD] increase headphone volume (only) to max !!!

Search This thread

Mohamedselim

Feb 3, 2012
Giza
-Tried in N900 only (stock 4.3 rooted) (update:works also in stock 4.4.2 rooted), but may work in other versions (backup first)
-Please take care of your HEARING when lisening in high volumes, i'm not responsible for what happen to it, you have been warned !!!
-Increases headphone (only) max volume from 85 to 127 !!!
-Needs a rooted device
-Based on work from this forum and my personal experimentation with Alsamixer app and Es File Explorer
-Steps:
1-enable root access by Es File Explorer app
2-mount system as read write by Es File Explorer App
3-go to path system/etc and backup file ysound.xml (copy to other location) or rename it
4-past the included file in the same previous path after unzipping it, it should contain xml extension not rar extension
5-long press on the file then properties and change permissions to rw-r-r root root
6-restart phone
7-done !!!
-In case of any problems or if you want to return to previous setting simply restore your backup file and restore permissions as rw-r-r root root and restart
-you could notice the increase in volume by Alsamixer app (headphone volume) before 85 after 127, not only by hearing
-included file in attachments
-Or if you have a custom recovery, you could try flashing the zip file in post 16 of this thread (easier), thanks for Dr.Ketan for making the file flashable

Attachments

• ysound.rar
    6.8 KB · Views: 3,295
Last edited:

Mohamedselim

Feb 3, 2012
Giza
Is not it easier @kartalgurhan sound mode?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46278573

It only increase headphone volume not any other kind of volume, i have changed other values not the same in the previous thread using alsamixer app experiementation and my hearing as i opened alsa mixer app and found that headphone volume max stock is 85 so i extracted the file and searched all values of 85 and changed them to 127 the maximum as reported by Alsamixer app and tried it and the sound of headphones was extremely Loud, so i thought about sharing file here for general benefit and for easier sound maximizing for headphones only, wish someone could make a small script for flashing it via recovery to be applied easier instead of our manual method, but the good is that it could be applied in rooted phones without custom recoveries
It is not a slight increase in headphone volume, it is the maximum allowed by device hardware !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: dreamnej

dreamnej

Oct 26, 2009
istanbul

It only increase headphone volume not any other kind of volume, i have changed other values not the same in the previous thread using alsamixer app experiementation and my hearing as i opened alsa mixer app and found that headphone volume max stock is 85 so i extracted the file and searched all values of 85 and changed them to 127 the maximum as reported by Alsamixer app and tried it and the sound of headphones was extremely Loud, so i thought about sharing file here for general benefit and for easier sound maximizing for headphones only, wish someone could make a small script for flashing it via recovery to be applied easier instead of our manual method, but the good is that it could be applied in rooted phones without custom recoveries
It is not a slight increase in headphone volume, it is the maximum allowed by device hardware !!!!

Ok. Thank you.

Tapatalk **NOTE 3 Pacific rom V11 android 4.4.2 KitKat**

Android rom yükleme, root etme, recovery flaşlama, bootloader işlemleri
Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony ve MTK Replika cihazlar

revorr

Nov 10, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
When I replaced the file I started getting phone.apk problems...the phone.apk started getting fc & dialler stopped responding...can anybody pls suggest any solution?

SM900 /VN ROM V9/ KITKAT 4.4.2

Mohamedselim

Feb 3, 2012
Giza
When I replaced the file I started getting phone.apk problems...the phone.apk started getting fc & dialler stopped responding...can anybody pls suggest any solution?

1-Have you tried changing permissions of the file to root root rw-r-r and restarting phone
2-remove write permission from es file explorer after applying the patch and restart and see
3-their is no relation between two files phone.apk and ysound.xml
4-have you tried extracting file correctly
5-try restoring original file with permissions as root root rw-r-r and restart and see if the problem is solved
6-work only in stock or near stock roms not aosp or aokp types
7-I think the problem is in the file permissions not set correctly

Last edited:

revorr

Nov 10, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
I have just now replaced the file & not getting any fc thanks for the help....But I could not find any difference in volume of the music player...poss to help me on this pls?

Mohamedselim

Feb 3, 2012
Giza
1-restart phone once after replacing file
2-check only when headphones plugged
3-try increasing volume to max
4-check file permissions again
5-download alsamixer app from google play and see headphone volume is it 127 (try it after restarting phone and plugging headphones and playing some music)

Last edited:

Mohamedselim

Feb 3, 2012
Giza
Will it work on n9005?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I do not think so if the processor is Qualcom based not Exynos based as i heard that Qualcom based models use a different sound chip, you could however try to go to the path system/etc and see if the file ysound.xml (Yamaha sound chip) is found or not ?? if found so backup and try mod and follow instructions closely , if not found try another mod not Exynos based, you may find one in other sections of this forum

Last edited:

nguyendt

Aug 13, 2012
Thanks man :D

thanks man :D , Finally i can use my SKullCandy properly , Enta GAMED F45 :D !
b2oulak what's your fb ? add me up '' Abd Elrahman Nguyen ''@Mohamedselim:good::good::good::good::D:D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -Tried in N900 only (stock 4.3 rooted) (update:works also in stock 4.4.2 rooted), but may work in other versions (backup first)
    -Please take care of your HEARING when lisening in high volumes, i'm not responsible for what happen to it, you have been warned !!!
    -Increases headphone (only) max volume from 85 to 127 !!!
    -Needs a rooted device
    -Based on work from this forum and my personal experimentation with Alsamixer app and Es File Explorer
    -Steps:
    1-enable root access by Es File Explorer app
    2-mount system as read write by Es File Explorer App
    3-go to path system/etc and backup file ysound.xml (copy to other location) or rename it
    4-past the included file in the same previous path after unzipping it, it should contain xml extension not rar extension
    5-long press on the file then properties and change permissions to rw-r-r root root
    6-restart phone
    7-done !!!
    -In case of any problems or if you want to return to previous setting simply restore your backup file and restore permissions as rw-r-r root root and restart
    -you could notice the increase in volume by Alsamixer app (headphone volume) before 85 after 127, not only by hearing
    -included file in attachments
    -Or if you have a custom recovery, you could try flashing the zip file in post 16 of this thread (easier), thanks for Dr.Ketan for making the file flashable
    Will it work on n9005?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I do not think so if the processor is Qualcom based not Exynos based as i heard that Qualcom based models use a different sound chip, you could however try to go to the path system/etc and see if the file ysound.xml (Yamaha sound chip) is found or not ?? if found so backup and try mod and follow instructions closely , if not found try another mod not Exynos based, you may find one in other sections of this forum