• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][Init.d] for Samsung Galaxy Core 2 [SM-G355H]

Search This thread

Dhruvit Pokharna

Oct 3, 2014
dhruvitpokharna.me
Screenshot_2015_02_12_19_40_56.png

What is Init.d?
Init.d is a feature which allows you to run brunch of scripts at boot . Thats really useful while you want to set values which reset at boot or run/do any thing at every boot or install tweaks , engines and....

Here is the stock kernel Init.d support for Samsung Galaxy Core 2 SM-G355H

What is needed :
1. custom recovery - Preferred My Ported custom recovery with full SELinux support.
2. Busybox pre installed or install BusyBox 1.23 update script just because it use busybox run-parts command to execute the scripts from /system/etc/init.d directory.

The ramdisk init.rc have new service usrinit :
Code:
service sysinit /system/bin/logwrapper /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
    disabled
    oneshot

First it set the scripts permissions in /system/etc/init.d as executable, and then the run-parts launch them all.

How to :
1. Download init.d_by_Dhruvit_G355H.zip and place it in Sdcard.
2. Go to Recovery and choose install zip from sdcard.
3. Select init.d_by_Dhruvit_G355H.zip
4. Enjoy!!:)

Update - [Updated]init.d_by_Dhruvit_G355H.zip

After the boot check the file /data/Test.log and check if the installation succeeded.

Warning :
Backup your kernel ( Boot ) first and then test it !

Feel free to post some. Hit thanks if it works !
Regards !

Attachments

• BusyBox-v1.23.0-Stericson.zip
    616.2 KB · Views: 2,335
  • init.d_by_Dhruvit_G355H.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 9,129
Last edited:

younis12c

Dec 7, 2014
I tried it . But how can i know its installed successfully i dont found file data/local/tmp/test.log

Sent from my SM-G355H using XDA Free mobile app

Korelev

Apr 30, 2014
·
hi there, nice job u're doing. I have a question, how can I disable a certain script to avoid it to load once I already installed it via recovery?

Thanks in advance!

balahtd

Feb 7, 2016
1) I didnot backup my kernal (BOOT) before testing it. My phone now switches on but it shows NO SIM CARD. Not able to install New Apps. How to get back my phone as per its factory make. Pls help.

2) U already replied to white enregy that "go to init.d folder and remove the script which you do not want or change its permission". How can I do it now since I dont have an app to go to init.d folder. pLs Help help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2015_02_12_19_40_56.png

What is Init.d?
    Init.d is a feature which allows you to run brunch of scripts at boot . Thats really useful while you want to set values which reset at boot or run/do any thing at every boot or install tweaks , engines and....

Here is the stock kernel Init.d support for Samsung Galaxy Core 2 SM-G355H

What is needed :
    1. custom recovery - Preferred My Ported custom recovery with full SELinux support.
    2. Busybox pre installed or install BusyBox 1.23 update script just because it use busybox run-parts command to execute the scripts from /system/etc/init.d directory.

The ramdisk init.rc have new service usrinit :
    Code:
    service sysinit /system/bin/logwrapper /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
        disabled
        oneshot

First it set the scripts permissions in /system/etc/init.d as executable, and then the run-parts launch them all.

How to :
    1. Download init.d_by_Dhruvit_G355H.zip and place it in Sdcard.
    2. Go to Recovery and choose install zip from sdcard.
    3. Select init.d_by_Dhruvit_G355H.zip
    4. Enjoy!!:)

Update - [Updated]init.d_by_Dhruvit_G355H.zip

After the boot check the file /data/Test.log and check if the installation succeeded.

Warning :
    Backup your kernel ( Boot ) first and then test it !

Feel free to post some. Hit thanks if it works !
    Regards !