[MOD][INTL][ROOT] Custom Fingerprint Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zacharee1

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
New "Version": Please Read

9.0.12 and later won't work. Use the above version.

I got inspired by this mod and decided to make my own version of it.

I've expanded on the idea and made it so you can use any image you want. Currently, it requires that you replace your current OPSystemUI. I'm working on a resource overlay method so that System UI doesn't need to be replaced/modded, but that process is pretty involved.

This mod is currently based on OOS 9.0.10 International. IT WILL NOT WORK ON 9.0.7 AND BELOW!!!!!!!

I haven't tested on TMO firmware.

Features:
  • Use any image you want (large ones may need to be manually resized)
  • Tint the chosen image any color
  • Separate image and tint settings for the "normal" and "disabled" icons
  • Disable the fingerprint read animation

Installation:
  1. Download the OPSystemUI.apk and OPFPControl.apk files
  2. Reboot to TWRP
  3. Go to Mount and check "system"
  4. Push OPSystemUI.apk to /system/system/priv-app/OPSystemUI/ and make sure its permissions are set to 644
  5. Reboot to system
  6. Install OPFPControl.apk like a normal app
  7. Open OPFPControl and customize!

Screenshots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DfgkauCmVETNLdyz5
(The ghosting of the old icon is fixed in the released version)

Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=287540

Last edited:

phillymade

Apr 27, 2011
City of Brotherly Love
Everything installed fine, but no matter what image I select all I get is grey patch. I kept the background and 100% transparent. Screenshot_20181222-190553.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

KrishTej

Jul 10, 2017
Replaced the OPSystemUI.apk with your file and set permisissons to rw-r-r. Installed OPFPControl.apk but OPFPControl app doesn't open. It shows grey screen for some time and then crashes everytime I try to open the app. Please help.
Currently on OOS 9.0.7 international.

Zacharee1

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Replaced the OPSystemUI.apk with your file and set permisissons to rw-r-r. Installed OPFPControl.apk but OPFPControl app doesn't open. It shows grey screen for some time and then crashes everytime I try to open the app. Please help.
Currently on OOS 9.0.7 international.

Turn off Adaptive Battery and all that other battery optimization crap OnePlus added. It breaks Magisk Manager's root prompt.

Reactions: KrishTej

KrishTej

Jul 10, 2017
Turn off Adaptive Battery and all that other battery optimization crap OnePlus added. It breaks Magisk Manager's root prompt.

Thanks a lot. It worked. But after replacing the OPSystemUI.apk, the size of notch is increased. Now, my phone looks like OP6 with a bucket notch. Can you please help me find a solution for that. Btw I am still on 9.0.7. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts