• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD] JB 4.3+ | TF701T | Flashable Root Method v2 | Asus Stock 10.26.1.7/18

Search This thread

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Need Root on your unlocked TF701T on JB4.3? Here you go! :)

This file when flashed in CWM will install the files necessary to root any Asus Stock Firmware 10.26.1.7+

Make sure you have prepared by copying the zip file to your internal SD card first.

Please Unlock using the Asus Unlock Tool first found here.
Note installing and running this app will wipe your device and void your warranty.

You can flash CWM 6.0.4.6 using the instructions here.
Website seems to be down but file is here.

To flash a recovery you need to have the fastboot.exe file and cwm recovery.img file in the same folder.
Right click + shift on the folder they are in and choose open command prompt here

Boot into the Bootloader by either booting with the Power and Volume Down Buttons held down until you get the 3 icons or by typing the following into the command prompt.

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Then type the following commands to flash the recovery image:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Start the recovery by making sure the RCK icon is highlighted (use volume down to move) and push volume up to select.
If you need to move to the latest bootloader then manually install the WW_10_26_1_18_SDupdate file from the Asus website

In recovery choose install zip - install zip from /sdcard and maneuver to the folder you put the root zip (vol up and down) and select it using power button. Finally reboot when finished. :)

Say no if CWM prompts you to overwrite the recovery script - important - it won't work other wise.

TF701T ROOT DOWNLOAD v2

MD5 Sum: 2fad760a24572d691f7e008d537f313c

:good:

Last edited:

rschalie

Jun 15, 2008
Does this do a Factory Reset (like the other root methods I've seen), or will all installed apps still be there when finished?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Does this do a Factory Reset (like the other root methods I've seen), or will all installed apps still be there when finished?

Well if you are unlocking the device then it will reset, but if you are already unlocked then no it won't reset. It flashes Superuser.apk, su binary and an enable-root.sh shell script to run the su daemon on boot ;)

Reactions: rschalie

zabih107

Aug 11, 2012
Thanks very much for this sdbags. This has made rooting much easier and simpler now.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Danforth

Mar 18, 2012
The availability of this method convinced me to finally unlock my tablet. (That, and the fact that after a month I was satisfied that my 2013.10 dock and tablet were working properly.)

Method used successfully, gratitude to sdbags.

Reactions: sbdags

Danforth

Mar 18, 2012
Samething here, mine is also 2013.10...

I suspect that -- in spite of what Asus and many on this board have said -- the majority of units have not been defective, including those that were made both before and after the 2013.11 batch that was supposed to be "fixed." In other words, there were good units made before the "fix", and some defective units that were made after. There was probably some change made that _lowered_ the defect rate, but that is irrelevant if you happened to get a good unit.

Well, I shouldn't say irrelevant, because all those defective units have harmed Asus' reputation and probably killed off a lot of developer enthusiasm for the TF701, thus hurting even those of us with non-defective units...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rikodu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Need Root on your unlocked TF701T on JB4.3? Here you go! :)

This file when flashed in CWM will install the files necessary to root any Asus Stock Firmware 10.26.1.7+

Make sure you have prepared by copying the zip file to your internal SD card first.

Please Unlock using the Asus Unlock Tool first found here.
    Note installing and running this app will wipe your device and void your warranty.

You can flash CWM 6.0.4.6 using the instructions here.
    Website seems to be down but file is here.

To flash a recovery you need to have the fastboot.exe file and cwm recovery.img file in the same folder.
    Right click + shift on the folder they are in and choose open command prompt here

Boot into the Bootloader by either booting with the Power and Volume Down Buttons held down until you get the 3 icons or by typing the following into the command prompt.

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Then type the following commands to flash the recovery image:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

Start the recovery by making sure the RCK icon is highlighted (use volume down to move) and push volume up to select.
    If you need to move to the latest bootloader then manually install the WW_10_26_1_18_SDupdate file from the Asus website

In recovery choose install zip - install zip from /sdcard and maneuver to the folder you put the root zip (vol up and down) and select it using power button. Finally reboot when finished. :)

Say no if CWM prompts you to overwrite the recovery script - important - it won't work other wise.

TF701T ROOT DOWNLOAD v2

MD5 Sum: 2fad760a24572d691f7e008d537f313c

:good:
    Easier than fast boot ;)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Update the OP with a better method. This will work on any Asus kernel / firmware and doesn't need a special one flashed ;)

Well if you are unlocking the device then it will reset, but if you are already unlocked then no it won't reset. It flashes Superuser.apk, su binary and an enable-root.sh shell script to run the su daemon on boot ;)
    Updated the first thread as you have to be on the latest cwm which requires jb4.3. Although it should work on jb4.2.2 compatible recoveries as well, I just haven't tested that.