[MOD][JB][I8160+P] 624 MB accessible RAM on ANY Jelly Bean ROM

Search This thread

Tecnofilo

Feb 2, 2011
Hi,

If i flash V1 en my stock rom PHE Jelly 4.1.2 i8160P , kies will recognize my phone how PHE?, Only change the ram? no more?
No lost NFC'

Thanks again.
When answer me I post the results here ¡¡:good:

Tecnofilo

Feb 2, 2011
Hi,

If i flash V1 en my stock rom PHE Jelly 4.1.2 i8160P , kies will recognize my phone how PHE?, Only change the ram? no more?
No lost NFC'

Thanks again.
When answer me I post the results here ¡¡:good:

Ok, all ok ¡¡

Ace 2 i8160P with rom PHE 4.1.2 spain with 624 MB ¡¡

In one minute, Kies recognize my telephone and say "you have the last firmware".

GREAT ¡¡¡
Thanks ¡¡:good::good::good:

Reactions: zofiel

bladebioniq

Sep 1, 2013
Just in case anyone with DBT XXMG2 cannot increase Ram from 550MB to 624MB I am adding Szaby59's answer:
"Try flashing a different P build with odin and after that apply 624 MEM MOD.
If works you can reflash the stock rom"

By the way: Big thanks to Szaby59!

lab34

Jun 8, 2012
Google Pixel 3
Hi,
just for information: a good friend of mine has just received an i8160p from amazon.
I asked him to upgrade on 4.1.2 with OTA instead of kies or odin, to see the result on the memory... but...

He received the phone, already with 4.1.2, with XXMF1 and 624MB !!!

So, I think it's clear that 624MB is the "normal" configuration.

As said by our friend Szaby59, there is something wrong with the kies deployment.

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
Hi,
just for information: a good friend of mine has just received an i8160p from amazon.
I asked him to upgrade on 4.1.2 with OTA instead of kies or odin, to see the result on the memory... but...

As said by our friend Szaby59, there is something wrong with the kies deployment.

the previous owner could have already updated it, unless its out of the box?

zahirovic.safet

May 27, 2013
UK update via OTA gives you 624mb. You need to flash btu xxmc8 on gingerbread, make sure that csc is BTU. Then go to OTA and it will tell you that there is a "stability update" and it's 42 ish MB. When it's finished you will have mf1 with 624 mb, but it's nothing good, JB is as slow as it was before. It has slightly better battery life than MG2 but still better stay with GB. And I don't live in UK so it is possible for all to update it, BUT YOU NEED TO HAVE BTU CSC AFTER UPGRADING TO XXMC8.

S.AMU

Aug 6, 2013
Offenburg
Hi,

The same with my phone, but it's from notebooksbilliger.De and it is the non p version

hafizulpijul12

Aug 23, 2013
OnePlus 7T
not work on MG2 gt-i8160P

i flash v1 with odin, not work, so i download cwm.zip not work too..
i dont want to use with v2 method, because it will make hardbrick right?? because it change the bootloader

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
i flash v1 with odin, not work, so i download cwm.zip not work too..
i dont want to use with v2 method, because it will make hardbrick right?? because it change the bootloader

flash a different fw and try again. no it wont hardbrick but DONT try

EDIT: and make sure you have busybox installed

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

UK update via OTA gives you 624mb. You need to flash btu xxmc8 on gingerbread, make sure that csc is BTU. Then go to OTA and it will tell you that there is a "stability update" and it's 42 ish MB. When it's finished you will have mf1 with 624 mb, but it's nothing good, JB is as slow as it was before. It has slightly better battery life than MG2 but still better stay with GB. And I don't live in UK so it is possible for all to update it, BUT YOU NEED TO HAVE BTU CSC AFTER UPGRADING TO XXMC8.

now cm10 just beaten gb in gaming(for me), you should step up with us and try it. yes stock jb is extremely slow now that there are custom roms, but minimal by judas77 and kyrillos v8 are fast. mf1 and mc8 have better battery life but mg2 seems faster(a little) in performance.

Last edited:

Szaby59

Aug 26, 2010
There is a chance it will hardbrick the phone...
Your current rom probably don't have the new Jelly Bean bootloader, that's why V1 doesn't work - just like with XXMC8 for i8160, if someone can upload normal.bin.md5 from a JB I8160P rom I can make a new "V3" version for P devices.
Until then you have to flash a P JB firmware which has normal.bin.md5, then flash V1.

Last edited:
Reactions: hafizulpijul12

hafizulpijul12

Aug 23, 2013
OnePlus 7T
gt-i8160P

Intalled busybox still not work.. maybe it will work on other FW..

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

There is a chance it will hardbrick the phone...
Your current rom probably don't have the new Jelly Bean bootloader, that's why V1 doesn't work - just like with XXMC8 for i8160, if someone can upload normal.bin.md5 from a JB I8160P rom I can make a new "V3" version for P devices.
Until then you have to flash a P JB firmware which has normal.bin.md5, then flash V1.

Wait for V3.. thanks.. :D:D

hafizulpijul12

Aug 23, 2013
OnePlus 7T
Try V1 with CWM and Odin, not work.. Try V2 worked.. thanks for your work.. :D

Sent from my GT-I8160P using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Paul Koty

Apr 28, 2013
Hi, how I can see in my I8160P how big is my RAM?
If I use Your MOD and after want flash stock or custom rom, must always tick in Odin CSC file? Thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING!

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE!

Tested with MC8/MF1/MG2 builds on a European I8160.

BE AWARE! Flashing bootloader (only V2) can be dangerous and has higher chance to brick your phone, especially if you flash the incorrect version!

CHANGES:

FOR I8160:

- included new Jelly Bean Secondary Bootloader (SBL) now MC8 (and possible other) builds are supported

FOR I8160P:

- included new Jelly Bean Secondary Bootloader (SBL), and param.lfs from P ROM.

INFO:

This small mod will give you 624 MB accessible RAM on (almost) any stock JB firmware, without installing any other ROM by flashing a new Secondary Bootloader and PARAM.
    These files are from the Russian XXMG2 ROM and XXME1 (P) ROM - flashing them does not increase the flash counter.

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS:

!!! DO NOT FLASH V2 FIRST! ALWAYS TRY V1 IF NOT WORKS THEN TRY V2 !!!
    !!! FOR P VERSION DOWNLOAD "_P_" FILES !!!

I8160: So far only MC8 requires V2, other builds (MF1/MF2/MG2) should work with V1!
    I8160P: I don't have it, try V1 first then V2.
    I8160L/Chinese/Hong Kong variants: don't try V2, only V1 (not the _P_ version) !

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE JB (and with 482 MB or 550 MB RAM):

1, Flash your stock firmware with Odin, or Update with Kies - assuming you already did.
    2, Download the attached 624MEM_V1 or V2.rar.
    3, Restart your phone in download mode, start Odin and select 624MEM_VX.tar.md5 as PDA.
    4, Flash it, after restart your phone should have 624 MB RAM accessible.
    - If the phone boots to recovery just select "reboot system now" and press the power button.

f1kt.png

FLASHING STOCK ROM WITH THIS MOD:

1, Download the attached 624MEM_V1 or V2.rar, then extract somewhere.
    - Select the stock ROM as PDA and 624MEM_VX.tar.md5 as CSC.
    - DO NOT TICK REPARTITION
    2, Flash it.
    3, After restart your phone should have 624 MB RAM accessible.

kq2r.png

CWM FLASHABLE ZIP (ONLY FROM V1):

- I decided to make CWM version only from V1 because V2 replaces the bootloader, and that is much safer to do with Odin.
    - requires rooted phone (JB) with busybox and CWM recovery

1, Copy 624MEM_CWM.zip to your external SD card.
    2, Flash with CWM as update.zip.
    3, After restart you should have 624 MB RAM accessible.

To remove this mod, follow the "HOW TO COME BACK TO GB" guide and after that reflash your stock JB firmware without this mod.
    If you take your phone to a Samsung repair center and they update it with their "full" firmware you'll have 624 MB RAM, there is a problem with some Kies firmwares, that's why many phones after official update will have 482 or 550 MB.
    This method adds the "missing" files so you'll have 624 MB RAM without flashing another rom.
    And yes more RAM will give some performance improvement.
    It will replace kernel2.bin.md5 and param.lfs.md5.
    Probably param.lfs.md5 causes the RAM change, but I also included kernel2.bin.md5 because these 2 files are present in every rom with 624 MB RAM.
    Both files are from Russian SER (XXMG2) firmware without any modification, so it will not increase the flash counter.
    Well, I tried MC8 and was better with 550, BUT when MC8 released to get 624 MB RAM we had to flash MB2 or MB4 leak - and that could be the cause of the bad performance.
    I suggest you to try it and later you can reflash to GB then JB if you are not satisfied with the performance.
    Currently the mod does not working on MC8, because all MC8 builds are without the new JB bootloader.
    I will upload a new version in a few hours.

Edit: New version added, now MC8 builds are supported.
    New files added, from now I8160P is fully supported!