• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][JB/ICS][8MAY] bestMultiTaskingFix 8 - Multitasking with no lags!

Search This thread

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
Hello to all.
I'm here again :)

STOP! THIS MOD IS ONLY FOR SAMMY JB AND ICS BASED ROM! IT DOESEN'T WORK ON CM10, ASOP, AOKP, MIUI OR OTHER ROM!

THE PROBLEM
Our gs3 has a very bad memory managment. Ram decrease, lags, memory leak and a lot of problem with multitasking are present on this wonderful device. We have a very important hardware but 1gb of ram and a bad software optimization make our gs3 not give a good feeling in heavy usage.

THE SOLUTION
bestMultiTaskingFix is a set of tweaks that allows to solve bugs management of memory and no possibility of mulitasking the galaxy s3.
Through this zip you can solve these problems and eliminate lags and manage a very large number of applications at the same time without having problems of slowness of poor memory.
In addition app phone, contacts and camera are locked in memory to make these faster to run.
I can play 2games togheter and navigate on internet with firefox and send messages with gosms without lags. Of course more apps are opened more is the risk of lags and leak of memory so be carefull.

FIRST OF ALL, do a Nandroid backup, as well as a backup of your sd-card content !
You're doing this at your very own risk, I'm not to be held responsible if something goes wrong
There is a very small risk of damage your internal memory since the continued operations of I/O of swap but is a very small risk.

What do you need
  • Galaxy s3 :), root and custom recovery
  • Kernel with swap support
    If you have Supercharger disable it!!
    If you have Zram enabled, disable it!!
    If you have HardSwap enabled disable it!!
  • Donwload the zip attached
  • Buil prop editor installed (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor)
  • Remove all memory app, task killer with oom or minfree settings like AutoKiller Memory Optimizer, System turner, rom toolbox or similar. You can use these but not for set up memory stuffs!!!

THE GUIDE

Download latest bestMultiTaskingFix

1)Edit your build.prop file
Open Built prop editor and change these value:
- davilk.vm.heapsize must be setted to 192m
- davilk.vm.heapstartsize must be setted to 8m
- davilk.vm.heapgrowthlimit must be setted to 64m
Then reboot

2)Go into recovery and flash file
a) Flash bestMultiTaskingFix.zip
b) Reboot your phone

Notes
  • Not use any memory app, task killer with oom or minfree settings like AutoKiller Memory Optimizer, System turner, rom toolbox or similar. You can use these but not for set up memory stuffs!!!
  • Not use supercharger!!
  • You can check if swap is working installing terminal emulator and writing free. If values of space in Swap line are different from 0 value, you are ok.
  • If you have lags, kill all process with a task killer like advanced task manager(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.taskmanager)

Changelog
Code:
Removed lock app script. Is not necessary anymore and may cause lags
[B]New parallels and prioprity swap method for incredible performace[/B]
Tweaked and fixed busybox included
New kernel tweaks
Minfree values optimized
------
ALL OPENED APPS IN LATEST 4 SECONDS ARE LOCKED IN MEMORY EVERY 4 SECONDS so the possibility of killed apps is now ridicolous! (0 battery drain!!)
Better performance without any lags up to 12 apps running in same time (MAX 20 APPS RUNNING IN SAME TIME WITH A 301 APPS INSTALLED IN MY SCENARIO!)
Optimized for multiwindow use!
Minfree changed for best performaced and quick app load!
Adj values restored to stock (not need to 
Random reboot problem fixed
New kernel tweaks and tweaked values
Bigger swap size
------
[SIZE="4"][B]NO LAGS WITH UP TO 18APPS![/B][/SIZE] (please report now!)
Phone app, contacts app, camera app and the android core are locked in memory for fast access and better performace
Vm HeapSize changed (see build.prop edit and chage it in your configuration)
[B]Minfree changed for best performance![/B]
Big swap size
Adj values changed
New prop values added directly in the script!
No need to wipe dalivk cache so first flash is quick now
Random reboot finally fixed
------
Small Lags are fixed (please report)
Minfree changed
Swap size decreased
Kernel tweaks
Adj values changed
------
[B]Lags completely gone[/B]
[B]Compatibile with SAMMY ICS[/B]
[B]Build.prop values tweaked. Be sure to use the latest one in firt step of guide[/B]
Swap size adjustament
Minfree values tweaked
Kernel tweaks and optimization
Adj value tweaks
------
[B]Mod of zeppelinrox is removed.It's not really necessary anymore[/B]
[B]Build.prop values tweaked. Be sure to use the latest one in firt step of guide[/B]
Little swap size adjustament
Minfree values tweaked
kernel tweaks and optimization
------
[B]Now system can swap more without lags with 18 apps opened![/B]
Swap size tweaked
A lot of kernel tweaks and optimization 
Minfree tweaked according to new swap size
------
Minfree values tweaked
------
[COLOR="Red"]Service.jar includes Maximum MultiTasking Mods[/COLOR] (thanks to zeppelinrox)
Swap size tweaked
[B]Smooth as a baby's ass :) with 15 application running at same time!![/B]
------
2.5a
Fixed no swap bug (need feedback)
------
Minfree values tweaked
Nova launcher add widget bug fixed
------
Swap size adjustament
Make upgrade system more easy: just flash and reboot
------
New minfree values to avoid small lags here and here
Bigger swap size to avoid small lags
Faster speed on boot since swap file is not always created but only started if present
Completely fixed no swap bug on some devices (need feedback to test)
------
FIxed not swap on some devices
-------
Initial relase

Credits
Big thanks to gokhanmoral for his wonderful Siyah Kernel (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1709686)
Big thanks to Yank555 for swap idea
Big thanks to foxhound team for testing
Big thanks to rlorange for busybox and parallels swap with priority idea

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR DEV/ROM COOKER/WHO WANT'S TO PORT MY MOD
If you want to use the bestMultiTaskingFix in your ROM, give proper credit and a HTML link to this thread.
Do not modify it, do not rebrand it: the name is bestMultiTaskingFix

Modification and redistribution of the attached script is not permitted at all without permission of Mattiadj member
This means that you cannot feel free to zip up the attached script with other tweaks and this means that it is not be edited and shared.

WARNING for USERS: If you use or encounter a ROM with the bestMultiTaskingFix without proper credit given and no bestMultiTaskingFix source links, please make the Developer aware of it, and if necessary, please let me know about it. Thank you.

Personal Use: You may tweak the bestMultiTaskingFix (leaving credits intact) to your own personal liking as long as it is NOT redistributed in any way.

If you like my job, buy me a beer

Now....feedback, feedback and feedback! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-28-17-01-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-28-17-01-13.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 21,442
  • bestMultiTaskingFix_remover.zip
    126.3 KB · Views: 4,047
Last edited:

xanthrax

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee Lead / RC-RT Com - Vampire
Staff member
Sorry guys now siyah config cwm is fixed

so ... where is it ? the same attachment ?
-=-=-
ok , is there , a new one , thanx !

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

so , i`ve done all steps unless the kernel , i used yhe last siyah as long as i`m on Omega v25 but my memory seems to be the same or even less .
i use cool tool ram monitoring and it shows me 170 - 210 average
is there any way to check the status in android emulator ?
-=-=-
to be honest i`ve got about 350 apps (including system ) on my phone but still , before this tweak i use to have an average of 300 mb free ram using autokiller only
-=-=-
tell me how to check the status , i`ve done the swap with minitool
-=-=-
switced to ultimate the free ram is back to 300 ...Omega JB (not ICS) v25

Last edited:

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
so ... where is it ? the same attachment ?
-=-=-
ok , is there , a new one , thanx !

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

so , i`ve done all steps unless the kernel , i used yhe last siyah as long as i`m on Omega v25 but my memory seems to be the same or even less .
i use cool tool ram monitoring and it shows me 170 - 210 average
is there any way to check the status in android emulator ?
-=-=-
to be honest i`ve got about 350 apps (including system ) on my phone but still , before this tweak i use to have an average of 300 mb free ram using autokiller only
-=-=-
tell me how to check the status , i`ve done the swap with minitool

As said... This method is tested on ics! For JB I don't know if it works...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

lukesky

Mar 26, 2007
Hi i have a couple of questions

1. What does your solution do exactly, can u explain in layman terms?

2. Why remove V6 supercharger? Because it conflicts with your solution or because it doesn't work as it should?

3. This is more of an unrelated question. If I already have supercharger installed default in my rom, using Autokiller together with it is ok or not?

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
Tomorrow I'll update the guide to make it more easy and with a cwm zip with the correct configuration of values all myself made!

I'm testing it from 36 hours and the result is excellent. Wonderful multitasking and no lags at all! Switching from nova 3 to dead trigger then to Facebook and Tapatalk then to nova 3 without lags is awesome! Now the power of quad core finally can come out!

Reactions: benc88

bigmo7

Nov 3, 2010
London
Might be worth commenting on how battery life is using this guide?

It's interesting to see how much free RAM you have on your screenshots. I always seem to be stuck at ~100mb. Might give this a try!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to all.
    I'm here again :)

STOP! THIS MOD IS ONLY FOR SAMMY JB AND ICS BASED ROM! IT DOESEN'T WORK ON CM10, ASOP, AOKP, MIUI OR OTHER ROM!

THE PROBLEM
    Our gs3 has a very bad memory managment. Ram decrease, lags, memory leak and a lot of problem with multitasking are present on this wonderful device. We have a very important hardware but 1gb of ram and a bad software optimization make our gs3 not give a good feeling in heavy usage.

THE SOLUTION
    bestMultiTaskingFix is a set of tweaks that allows to solve bugs management of memory and no possibility of mulitasking the galaxy s3.
    Through this zip you can solve these problems and eliminate lags and manage a very large number of applications at the same time without having problems of slowness of poor memory.
    In addition app phone, contacts and camera are locked in memory to make these faster to run.
    I can play 2games togheter and navigate on internet with firefox and send messages with gosms without lags. Of course more apps are opened more is the risk of lags and leak of memory so be carefull.

FIRST OF ALL, do a Nandroid backup, as well as a backup of your sd-card content !
    You're doing this at your very own risk, I'm not to be held responsible if something goes wrong
    There is a very small risk of damage your internal memory since the continued operations of I/O of swap but is a very small risk.

What do you need
    • Galaxy s3 :), root and custom recovery
    • Kernel with swap support
      If you have Supercharger disable it!!
      If you have Zram enabled, disable it!!
      If you have HardSwap enabled disable it!!
    • Donwload the zip attached
    • Buil prop editor installed (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor)
    • Remove all memory app, task killer with oom or minfree settings like AutoKiller Memory Optimizer, System turner, rom toolbox or similar. You can use these but not for set up memory stuffs!!!

THE GUIDE

Download latest bestMultiTaskingFix

1)Edit your build.prop file
    Open Built prop editor and change these value:
    - davilk.vm.heapsize must be setted to 192m
    - davilk.vm.heapstartsize must be setted to 8m
    - davilk.vm.heapgrowthlimit must be setted to 64m
    Then reboot

2)Go into recovery and flash file
    a) Flash bestMultiTaskingFix.zip
    b) Reboot your phone

Notes
    • Not use any memory app, task killer with oom or minfree settings like AutoKiller Memory Optimizer, System turner, rom toolbox or similar. You can use these but not for set up memory stuffs!!!
    • Not use supercharger!!
    • You can check if swap is working installing terminal emulator and writing free. If values of space in Swap line are different from 0 value, you are ok.
    • If you have lags, kill all process with a task killer like advanced task manager(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.taskmanager)

Changelog
    Code:
    Removed lock app script. Is not necessary anymore and may cause lags
    [B]New parallels and prioprity swap method for incredible performace[/B]
    Tweaked and fixed busybox included
    New kernel tweaks
    Minfree values optimized
    ------
    ALL OPENED APPS IN LATEST 4 SECONDS ARE LOCKED IN MEMORY EVERY 4 SECONDS so the possibility of killed apps is now ridicolous! (0 battery drain!!)
    Better performance without any lags up to 12 apps running in same time (MAX 20 APPS RUNNING IN SAME TIME WITH A 301 APPS INSTALLED IN MY SCENARIO!)
    Bigger swap size
    ------
    [SIZE="4"][B]NO LAGS WITH UP TO 18APPS![/B][/SIZE] (please report now!)
    Phone app, contacts app, camera app and the android core are locked in memory for fast access and better performace
    [B]Minfree changed for best performance![/B]
    Big swap size
    Adj values changed
    ------
    Small Lags are fixed (please report)
    Minfree changed
    Swap size decreased
    Kernel tweaks
    Adj values changed
    ------
    [B]Lags completely gone[/B]
    [B]Compatibile with SAMMY ICS[/B]
    Swap size adjustament
    Minfree values tweaked
    Kernel tweaks and optimization
    Adj value tweaks
    ------
    [B]Mod of zeppelinrox is removed.It's not really necessary anymore[/B]
    Minfree values tweaked
    kernel tweaks and optimization
    ------
    [B]Now system can swap more without lags with 18 apps opened![/B]
    Swap size tweaked
    ------
    Minfree values tweaked
    ------
    [COLOR="Red"]Service.jar includes Maximum MultiTasking Mods[/COLOR] (thanks to zeppelinrox)
    Swap size tweaked
    [B]Smooth as a baby's ass :) with 15 application running at same time!![/B]
    ------
    2.5a
    Fixed no swap bug (need feedback)
    ------
    Minfree values tweaked
    Nova launcher add widget bug fixed
    ------
    Swap size adjustament
    Make upgrade system more easy: just flash and reboot
    ------
    New minfree values to avoid small lags here and here
    Bigger swap size to avoid small lags
    Faster speed on boot since swap file is not always created but only started if present
    Completely fixed no swap bug on some devices (need feedback to test)
    ------
    FIxed not swap on some devices
    -------
    Initial relase

Credits
    Big thanks to gokhanmoral for his wonderful Siyah Kernel (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1709686)
    Big thanks to Yank555 for swap idea
    Big thanks to foxhound team for testing
    Big thanks to rlorange for busybox and parallels swap with priority idea

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR DEV/ROM COOKER/WHO WANT'S TO PORT MY MOD
    If you want to use the bestMultiTaskingFix in your ROM, give proper credit and a HTML link to this thread.
    Do not modify it, do not rebrand it: the name is bestMultiTaskingFix

Modification and redistribution of the attached script is not permitted at all without permission of Mattiadj member
    This means that you cannot feel free to zip up the attached script with other tweaks and this means that it is not be edited and shared.

WARNING for USERS: If you use or encounter a ROM with the bestMultiTaskingFix without proper credit given and no bestMultiTaskingFix source links, please make the Developer aware of it, and if necessary, please let me know about it. Thank you.

Personal Use: You may tweak the bestMultiTaskingFix (leaving credits intact) to your own personal liking as long as it is NOT redistributed in any way.

If you like my job, buy me a beer

Now....feedback, feedback and feedback! :)
    This weekend I'll upload new fantastic and all fixed version guys. Tests are almost done

Version 6 online:D:D:D:D

This version is the result of a lot of work and time to test :) (donations are always welcome if you like my work!!)
    I have relased it only now to make the best version ever!

Enjoy it and give me all your feedback

NO LAGS WITH UP TO 18APPS! (please report now!)
    Minfree changed for best performance!
    Big swap size
    Adj values changed
    Ok guys we are here!
    New script in OP.

No need to partition!
    No need to make hard steps!!
    No space wasted from sd!
    Only change some lines in build.prop and flash file and you are go!!!
    The only real multitasking with zero lags mod made ONLY for galaxy s3 by galaxy s3 user (me :D) so...what else???

Just try and report your experience!! :good::good:

Small note for all:
    If you are supercharger fanboy please leave from here! Here we want to build something special not to argue or waste time or play who is better.
    Each dev is special for something and all do their best! If you don't like this mod...simply don't use it and report here why.
    So if you want to argue PLEASE STAY AWAY!
    Weekend is here and I can't find new version :laugh: I am impatient :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Finally...after 2 months of dev and testing...the best multitasking fix ever!

New name is butterMultitasking!

Take a look to changelog and try: this is the definitive fix (...for now :D)!

Changelog

Code:
    7.0 aka ButterMultitasking
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]ALL OPENED APPS IN LATEST 4 SECONDS ARE LOCKED IN MEMORY EVERY 4 SECONDS so the possibility of killed apps is now ridicolous! (0 battery drain!!)[/COLOR][/B]
    Bigger swap size