[MOD] KitKat styled Downloads UI for ICS/JB

Search This thread

erorcun

Oct 14, 2012
[MOD] KitKat styled Downloads UI

Hi. I've made a couple of resources/smali edit to make JB's download app look like KitKat. Firstly I've wanted to port it but in KitKat there is no proper download UI app, all storage-related things was located in DocumentsUI.apk.

So this won't add grid view option or sorting by name feature.

Works on ICS and JB and needs super user mod.

Screenshot is in attachment.

Needs root, you must replace it with the stock one in system/app folder - There is no need to restart if you delete current downloadsproviderui.apk file, set permissions and move new file.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/download/i7mimd0cnitiadj/DownloadProviderUi.apk

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-13-20-54-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-13-20-54-59.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 2,986
Last edited:

androizers

Nov 28, 2012
Amritsar
Hey thanks @erorcun, bt I've seen that the icon in app drawer is much small amd hard enough to see that..:sly:
I mean, its in dark colour and too small..
Just change the icon to some light one and use make it bigger...:rolleyes:
Rest it perfect for the go... :thumbup:

Btw, thanks a ton for this small useful sharing... Thanks.. :thumbup:

Ss:-
9e3ujujy.jpg

reggie2

Aug 13, 2011
Thanks working in Xperia P ICS I Love it in white but the icon has a ugly white gradient, if you can change it, would be perfect, thanks again for the app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD] KitKat styled Downloads UI

Hi. I've made a couple of resources/smali edit to make JB's download app look like KitKat. Firstly I've wanted to port it but in KitKat there is no proper download UI app, all storage-related things was located in DocumentsUI.apk.

So this won't add grid view option or sorting by name feature.

Works on ICS and JB and needs super user mod.

Screenshot is in attachment.

Needs root, you must replace it with the stock one in system/app folder - There is no need to restart if you delete current downloadsproviderui.apk file, set permissions and move new file.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/download/i7mimd0cnitiadj/DownloadProviderUi.apk
    I didn't tested it on ICS but I thought it was compatible, I will remove the text about ICS from OP, thanks for feedback.
    That's Didn't Work on ICS on Xperia U. :(
    Thanks

It seems you don't have super user mod while OP clearly says "It needs super user mod"

@Akki Da Rokstar @attack11

I updated file, icon should be ok now.