[MOD][KK/LP/MM/N] MultiROM v33x for Xperia Z1

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
Friend, i am still on MM Rom, 6.0 with the same kernel, now i want to make the lollipop as my secundary boot

i flashed the twrp of multiboot via fastboot mode. I´ve turned on my z1 (power + volume down) (Could see the new twrp menu) In the INSTALL option, flashed the zip file of multiboot. After that ( i did not reboot my devce) on the addRom menu, installed a lollipop rom (that i know that works with the same kernel as my MM rom)

but it starts the install thing and get a status FAILED and erase an incomplete rom... something like this. .. and i cant install it.... i´ve tested two different lollipop rom... am i missing something?
1) Are you using the latest recovery? If not, that's probably the issue. If it is, more info would help, like the exact error. I have deleted the old files in the downloads section, so if you're unsure, please download again.
2) If you're using the latest recovery and are facing this error, can you try multibooting with a custom LP ROM like Jaguar and see if that works?

LinkRaf

Oct 18, 2016
1) Are you using the latest recovery? If not, that's probably the issue. If it is, more info would help, like the exact error. I have deleted the old files in the downloads section, so if you're unsure, please download again.
2) If you're using the latest recovery and are facing this error, can you try multibooting with a custom LP ROM like Jaguar and see if that works?
Yes, i did installed the lastest files today... about 30 minutos ago... i tried to do a screenshot but i couldnt find it on my device folders . Anyway. I am going to try right now a lollipop jaguar rom. Lets see... ( i havent wiped anything, by the way... )

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Friend, thank you for your patience.

I´ve flashed the jaguar rom, and it worked... but after the reboot... i got the sony logo.. then i got a dark screen... but nothing happens. after some seconds, my MM rom boots....

In the twrp, and list ROMS i can see only the jaguar there... and some options as delete... but when i reboot, i dont have the option to select the rom that gonna starts...

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
Yes, i did installed the lastest files today... about 30 minutos ago... i tried to do a screenshot but i couldnt find it on my device folders . Anyway. I am going to try right now a lollipop jaguar rom. Lets see... ( i havent wiped anything, by the way... )

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Friend, thank you for your patience.

I´ve flashed the jaguar rom, and it worked... but after the reboot... i got the sony logo.. then i got a dark screen... but nothing happens. after some seconds, my MM rom boots....

In the twrp, and list ROMS i can see only the jaguar there... and some options as delete... but when i reboot, i dont have the option to select the rom that gonna starts...
Looks like you didn't inject multirom to current boot sector.
-> Go to "MultiROM menu" (Top right corner in the recovery) in recovery and do Inject curr. boot sector.

Also, check your Auto Boot settings in the multirom section of the recovery. If you've enabled auto boot, that's likely why you can't see the menu.

EDIT: If that fails too, try installing Jaguar as primary and MM as secondary. It will definitely work.

Last edited:
Reactions: LinkRaf

LinkRaf

Oct 18, 2016
Looks like you didn't inject multirom to current boot sector.
-> Go to "MultiROM menu" (Top right corner in the recovery) in recovery and do Inject curr. boot sector.

Also, check your Auto Boot settings in the multirom section of the recovery. If you've enabled auto boot, that's likely why you can't see the menu.

EDIT: If that fails too, try installing Jaguar as primary and MM as secondary. It will definitely work.
Boot partition injected successfull (boot sector)

in the multiroom settings, i´ve noticed that is checked the option, enable no kexec workaround
and on auto boot part

is checked time based boot
delay 5 secs

type select rom > internal
and the other option is jaguar.

If i disabled auto boot... it keeps sending me to the MM rom without option to select the other rom...

LinkRaf

Oct 18, 2016
hahaha... i could make it work, friend... i´ve wiped everything, flashed jaguar rom first... inside multiboot menu, flashed MM 6.0 rom... and now i can select the rom hahaha

thank you

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
When boot i cant see option rom ?

Should i wipe everything and flash the primary rom with multirom twrp first??
Looks like only LP as primary ROM is working at the moment. I wonder why, because I used N as primary without any issues. I will look into it ASAP. Meanwhile, you can use multirom with LP as primary and N/M as secondary without any issues (this is recommended, because otherwise, touch screen won't work). Make sure you install the multirom recovery to the new recovery partition that you got with the TA update.

LinkRaf

Oct 18, 2016
Drakonizer, i´ve tested Lollipo as primary, and MM as secundary... When i start the MM (the secundary) for the first time it works perfect. But after i reboot and test the Lollipop (works fine) but, if i reboot again, and select MM rom.. it turns a black screen and nothing happens... i am using Ressurrection Remix MM 6.0.... Any ideas?

edit : If i uncheck the ENABLE NO KEXEC WORKAROUND ... the rom dont even starts. says something as change kernel

Last edited:

nemes480

Oct 18, 2015
Can I use MultiRom with stock .236? If yes somebody could write down the steps for me? Because yesterday I tryed it but I was not able to boot the stock rom :(

LinkRaf

Oct 18, 2016
Drakonizer, dont leave us hahaha!!

I´ve noticed that the v33 doenst have support on the app... only the v30x ... theres some way to get the v30 and have the app support?

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
I am working on some issues right now, seems like these issues are common with all devices in the XperiaMultiROM repo. I will keep you guys posted.
As for app support, since we use an unofficial no-kexec method to boot secondary ROMs, there is little chance of us gaining official support.

gauravbhakuni90

Mar 21, 2014
New Delhi
I am working on some issues right now, seems like these issues are common with all devices in the XperiaMultiROM repo. I will keep you guys posted.
As for app support, since we use an unofficial no-kexec method to boot secondary ROMs, there is little chance of us gaining official support.
Well when the first multirom came back then we had so many kernels with kexec hard boot patch enabled and multirom app was running fine.I personally used that on kitkat. I wonder what happened to them.
So can't we get support for kernels with kexec hardboot patch for lollipop ???

Sadly even at that time our device was on unofficial list.

LinkRaf

Oct 18, 2016
Drakonizer, i believe in your work hahaha ... Please test for us a lollipop and mm roms. And if it just works fine we follow you on the installation thing. Its so sad to see those tutorials on youtube, ppl downloading the app, and flashing everything so easy. and working. Lol..... But i already thank you.

gauravbhakuni90

Mar 21, 2014
New Delhi
Successfully installed multirom . and guess what the red menu comes to choose which rom do i want to boot . yay...

Edit sadly when I selected 7.0 aosp by SuperLamic it crashed. Here is the log which I got. I am using jaguar with m5 kernel which has kexec hardboot patch enabled.

Edit 2 So I can't send log text from xda labs app. Let me get to my computer and I'll post one here.

Last edited:

LinkRaf

Oct 18, 2016
Successfully installed multirom . and guess what the red menu comes to choose which rom do i want to boot . yay...

Edit sadly when I selected 7.0 aosp by SuperLamic it crashed. Here is the log which I got. I am using jaguar with m5 kernel which has kexec hardboot patch enabled.

Edit 2 So I can't send log text from xda labs app. Let me get to my computer and I'll post one here.
i could make it work too, but in the second rom, 6.0 marshmallow it dont start for the second time... and this jaguar rom is so weird because of the firewall thing... to wifi to work and bla bla bla

Aug 22, 2015
Hi, i cant flash the zip. It says error 7 and error instaling zip file. What should i do?

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

I can install the rom but i cant boot it. The rom choice menu doesn't apear

gauravbhakuni90

Mar 21, 2014
New Delhi
Hey, friend. Are you still on multirom? have you tested lollipop and marshmallow roms? i want it so bad but dont work for me
I don't like mm rom bad battery backup. I am currently running cm14. 1 (7. 1 Nougat). And I kinda like it but to bad they ain't running on multirom. This time with N It started successfully but it got sick on Sony logo. Now i am waiting for op to give us on updates regarding Multirom is booting fine or not.