I'm hoping that I am just making a silly mistake...
I am running CyanogenMod 6.1 and have been trying to use the steps described in the OP to change my LCD density. As I am not very experienced with ADB, I have attempted to do the phone-only method.
I have backed up the build.prop file to my SD Card. When I modify the Density using Text Edit, I am able to save to the copied file on the SD Card. However, when I attempt to copy this file back to the System Folder, it tells me that I cannot copy the file.
I then attempted to edit the build.prop file in the System Folder. I am able to successfuly open the file in TextEdit and change the value, but it will not allow me to save to the System Folder.
I am rooted and have S-OFF. What am I doing wrong? Anyone else having problems with this?
You have to remount /system before you can copy the file back.
If you are using adb, do:
If you are using a terminal on the phone do this from a # prompt:
Mount -o remount,rw /system
You can then copy to /system
Sent from two solo cups and a really long string connected to the innerwebs
1. Open a File Manager and locate /system/build.prop
2. Make sure "/system" is mounted as R/W (in Root Explorer, click the Mount R/W button at the top.)
2A. MAKE A BACKUP!
3. Open and Edit the file.
4. Find ro.sf.lcd_density=240 and change it to desired value (recommend 200 or 190 for G2).
5. Save the file.
6. Exit and Reboot!
at the cmd prompt:
1. adb pull /system/build.prop
2. Go to SDK / Tools folder and open build.prop in a text editor (recommend WORDPAD for Windows).
3. Find ro.sf.lcd_density=240 and change it to desired value (recommend 200 or 190 for G2).
4. Save & Exit
5. go back to cmd prompt and type: adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system
6. type: adb push build.prop /system/
7. exit and reboot phone!
setprop qemu.sf.lcd_density XXX #change XXX to 200, 190, etc busybox killall system_server
Any idea what is going on?
Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App