[MOD] [local.prop] [CM9/AOSP ROMS] Persistent lcd density change

Search This thread

eyeballer

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2010
teamw.in
For those changing lcd density you have to re-apply your edits after each rom/nightly flash. This method prevents that by overriding lcd density by using a local.prop file in /data.

1) Restore stock lcd density in build.prop: either undo the manual edits you did, or reflash your rom .zip to restore the build.prop to stock
2) Get one of these files based on the density you liked to use: lcd-density-120 or lcd-density-132
3) Rename it to "local.prop" and save it in /data (the root of the /data folder) - if you're on your touchpad then use any file manager to do this, or download to pc and adb push to /data
4) Reboot

This should override the 160 lcd density in /system/build.prop and it will survive rom flashes and incremental updates with goo manager for my nightlies (until you wipe /data obviously). Of course you can reverse the changes by simply deleting the file and rebooting.

You are welcome to try to add other mods using this method but not all will work, and for some reason not all apps/games read local.prop.

The files I posted just contain
"qemu.sf.lcd_density=132" which overrides "ro.sf.lcd_density=132" in /system/build.prop.

You can reply to this thread with other mods that you found to be working.

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
thanks!

has anyone gotten the latest chrome to work work on non-standard dpi's though? Considering it is my most used app, it kinda stopped me from using a dpi other than 160.

Last edited by a moderator:

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
thanks!

has anyone gotten the latest chrome to work work on non-standard dpi's though? Considering it is my most used app, it kinda stopped me from using a dpi other than 160.

Didn't even know that's what the problem was. Dissapointing since 160 dpi make me feel like I'm holding a large phone

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
Didn't even know that's what the problem was. Dissapointing since 160 dpi make me feel like I'm holding a large phone

the iPad2 has actually the same resolution but noone ever mentioned it.

it's awesome how the resolution actually changes but causes a lot of different problems with i.e. folders.

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009

yeah, so ive been stuck on 160 for a week now and it's not as bad as i thought it would be. If there is ever a fix id be happy to try it though. Not sure why one version it would work great but on the next it would force close. Maybe the next official update will solve our problems.

sunscape

Oct 30, 2010
Works as it should. I just wish 132 and 120 didn't distort much of the cm9 interface.

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Does this work for any build prop entry? I would like to override a ro.ril setting....would I just use qemu.ril, and how can I verify it's working?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those changing lcd density you have to re-apply your edits after each rom/nightly flash. This method prevents that by overriding lcd density by using a local.prop file in /data.

1) Restore stock lcd density in build.prop: either undo the manual edits you did, or reflash your rom .zip to restore the build.prop to stock
    2) Get one of these files based on the density you liked to use: lcd-density-120 or lcd-density-132
    3) Rename it to "local.prop" and save it in /data (the root of the /data folder) - if you're on your touchpad then use any file manager to do this, or download to pc and adb push to /data
    4) Reboot

This should override the 160 lcd density in /system/build.prop and it will survive rom flashes and incremental updates with goo manager for my nightlies (until you wipe /data obviously). Of course you can reverse the changes by simply deleting the file and rebooting.

You are welcome to try to add other mods using this method but not all will work, and for some reason not all apps/games read local.prop.

The files I posted just contain
    "qemu.sf.lcd_density=132" which overrides "ro.sf.lcd_density=132" in /system/build.prop.

You can reply to this thread with other mods that you found to be working.