[MOD] LucidREM SCRIPT - [ROM] TheOfficial DRC* - [HOWTO] App2SD [2010-06-11]

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
I havent try this since I have no need. I already have RC33 and and ap form the sdcard, I do have a script that does all that and more. If you want I can send it to you, just pm me. It's a menu for deleting the ringtones and other stuff I dont use, mount the system as read-write, reboot, reboot in recovery, copy the files form the sdcard to the right place so i get the /system/sd mounted after a reboot and also it has the script to make the symlinks that is what you want I think.

Going to try jf 1.42 RC33 now.

LucidREM

Jan 18, 2009
Baltimore
www.lucidrem.us
New Release

so the JFv1.42_RC33 has now been modified .. there is a script included .. my recommendation is to only run it ONCE until i can further test it out .. i did the cpcache.sh on my phone and it worked out great

NOTE: this script is only for those who have NOT moved /data/data to /system/sd/data or for those who choose to DELETE /system/sd/data and opt for my method of data and cache moving to the EXT2 Partition

ALSO: let me know if there are large cache sections under /data/data that you think should be added to the script .. for the future i plan to offer the choice of which ones to move .. for now it is just one whole bunch at a time

CURRENT CACHE MOVES: maps, street, browser, imeem, myfaves, gmail, steel browser, tunewiki, market, contacts, amazon mp3, myspace, weather

Last edited:

bigl34461

Jan 21, 2009
oh boy......this is starting to get on my nerves. so i flashed to this software version. only thing i did in terminal was cpcache.sh, i didn't do anything with data/data or anything. I did wipe before i flashed. now i can't open anything I keep getting foreclose messages...what am i doing wrong?

LucidREM

Jan 18, 2009
Baltimore
www.lucidrem.us
oh boy......this is starting to get on my nerves. so i flashed to this software version. only thing i did in terminal was cpcache.sh, i didn't do anything with data/data or anything. I did wipe before i flashed. now i can't open anything I keep getting foreclose messages...what am i doing wrong?
i'd have to know more info .. you have the EXT2 partition yes?

bigl34461

Jan 21, 2009
should i format the ext2 partition again...and how much space should i use? I split my 8gb card equally giving each partition the same amount of space

bigl34461

Jan 21, 2009
ok I'll try moving those and see if that helps.......if not, then i'll just do a wipe and just stick to using the memory off the phone. Can i merge the partitions back one fat32 partition on my sd card?