[MOD] LucidREM SCRIPT - [ROM] TheOfficial DRC* - [HOWTO] App2SD [2010-06-11]

LucidREM

Jan 18, 2009
Baltimore
www.lucidrem.us
Lucid Script

Hello Lucid,

I really like this script, thank you.

Can I use it with one of the froyo-ROMs for the Dream?

Because the option inside froyo does not move the apps completely to sdcard and the media-files are also still in the phone memory.

Would be great!
how do you mean "does not move the apps completely" in the FROYO ROM .. the media file part should work fine in FROYO .. i have the "-aud" option that moves media to the sdcard .. the moving of apps tho i am unsure for what you are looking

kid2escobar

Feb 10, 2009
?????

im havin a problem running lucid script it
after i did wget://96....... it gives me options that wont work
when i do the busybox step it says lucid not found

yeticomes

Feb 15, 2009
how do you mean "does not move the apps completely" in the FROYO ROM .. the media file part should work fine in FROYO .. i have the "-aud" option that moves media to the sdcard .. the moving of apps tho i am unsure for what you are looking
Thank you for your answer & sorry for the delay ...

I did not use your script until now with the Froyo ROM on my G1; I only activated the built-in apps2sd from Froyo with "pm setInstallLocation 2".
Then I moved the apps to sdcard but e.g. with evernote there rest 2MB in the internal memory so it is not possible to install as many apps as you want ...

So I just want to be sure that I can use your app in the market & use it with my configuration (G1 + Froyo ROM) to move the apps completely from the internal memory?

Btw: I can not find it in Android Market?!

Last edited:

LucidREM

Jan 18, 2009
Baltimore
www.lucidrem.us
Apps2SD

Thank you for your answer & sorry for the delay ...

I did not use your script until now with the Froyo ROM on my G1; I only activated the built-in apps2sd from Froyo with "pm setInstallLocation 2".
Then I moved the apps to sdcard but e.g. with evernote there rest 2MB in the internal memory so it is not possible to install as many apps as you want ...

So I just want to be sure that I can use your app in the market & use it with my configuration (G1 + Froyo ROM) to move the apps completely from the internal memory?

Btw: I can not find it in Android Market?!
ok .. so you want (on FROYO) to move /app /app-private /data all to the sdcard?

LucidREM

Jan 18, 2009
Baltimore
www.lucidrem.us
Apps2SD

Yes, exactly

Is it possible?
it is possible i suppose .. not advisable more than likely .. but possible .. i believe the FROYO is also running /data/app_s instead of /system/app .. this may be the biggest reason for shortage of space .. you can try simply moving apps (all apps) to the sdcard before attempting the data and dalvik portions

you should be able to use:

# lucid -a -sd

and the "secret" system apps:

# lucid -as -sd

but i would also need to know the ROM you are using .. there is a test for Cyanogen and CaNNoN right now for the switch from /system/sd to /sd-ext (my coding is not complete) but i would need to add you ROMs build.prop id into the script for now

yeticomes

Feb 15, 2009
I use the cr froyo rom for HTC Dream. You can find the link in my signature

Where can I find your script please? I searched for lucid in the market, but it doesn't appear

qwerty3656

Aug 22, 2009
so the script now does more than just ringtones .. the option has been named "rem" now instead of "-ring" .. it's a little easier to type without the "-" being included

# lucid rem

so this will activate the media updater .. it will pull alarms, notifications, ringtones, ui, and very soon, backgrounds .. i have included files from the media pack handed out by AmonRA .. all files are in ogg format and png .. the script will search various locations and if the files do not exist they will be added .. if you already have the media pack you will have duplicates due to the mp3 format

that being said .. enjoy:

alarms: 18
notifications: 66
ringtones: 133
ui: 7
This doesn't automatically move it to the SD card, right? So would the right commands be below?

Lucid REM
Lucid -m -sd

Assuming a new install of the cannon ROM, what are other obvious steps you would run?

lucid -au v2 (for audio mod)

I'm not clear on whether I should run any or all of -a; -d; -dc; -od and not clear on symlink?

Last edited:

LucidREM

Jan 18, 2009
Baltimore
www.lucidrem.us
Lucid Script v2.00.45

This doesn't automatically move it to the SD card, right? So would the right commands be below?

Lucid REM
Lucid -m -sd

Assuming a new install of the cannon ROM, what are other obvious steps you would run?

lucid -au v2 (for audio mod)

I'm not clear on whether I should run any or all of -a; -d; -dc; -od and not clear on symlink?
# lucid -m -sd

this will symlink the media to the second partition

# lucid -aud

this will move the audio files to the sdcard .. the normal partition .. this is very effective for those who do not use the second partition

the other audio mod parts are not quite functional right now .. i have been recoding a lot

yeticomes

Feb 15, 2009
Hi,

Have some issues - when I use the commands from the first page it does not download (bad adress www.lucidrem.us)

When I copy it to the directory it opens the menu 1-99 but I can not move apps2sd with sh lucid -a -sd because it tells me that ext2 is not mounted rw

But I have ext4 and sd is only a placeholder in the froyo rom; I think therefor I have sd-ext ...

Also when running the script it searches for a directory named lucidroid - but it is not there either?!

Any idea what to do?

Thank you for any support!

I use the cr froyo rom for HTC Dream. You can find the link in my signature

Where can I find your script please? I searched for lucid in the market
ok .. check the OP .. should be able to download the script .. it should use the right mount point for you .. but let me know if there is any error response

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

LucidREM

Jan 18, 2009
Baltimore
www.lucidrem.us
Lucid Script v2.00.44

Hi,

Have some issues - when I use the commands from the first page it does not download (bad adress www.lucidrem.us)

When I copy it to the directory it opens the menu 1-99 but I can not move apps2sd with sh lucid -a -sd because it tells me that ext2 is not mounted rw

But I have ext4 and sd is only a placeholder in the froyo rom; I think therefor I have sd-ext ...

Also when running the script it searches for a directory named lucidroid - but it is not there either?!

Any idea what to do?

Thank you for any support!
ok .. the bad address should be fixed if you sub this line

# wget http://96.0.187.175/downloads/LUCID -O lucid

with this line

# wget http://96.0.187.175/downloads/system/bin/lucid

there seems to be a problem with the redirection .. possibly also fixed if you busybox wget

# busybox wget http://96.0.187.175/downloads/LUCID -O lucid

which would actually be better .. as to the other stuff, there is so much switching of locations of files right now i am trying to write something to properly detect the ROM and where the files should be stored

yeticomes

Feb 15, 2009
Thank you. I am sorry, it does not work for ne:

With the second command with /system/bin I get a 404 error

The busybox command returns also the the bad adress errror?!

Any idea what is going wrong?

Hi,

When I copy it t
ok .. the bad address should be fixed if you sub this line

# wget http://96.0.187.175/downloads/LUCID -O lucid

with this line

# wget http://96.0.187.175/downloads/system/bin/lucid

there seems to be a problem with the redirection .. possibly also fixed if you busybox wget

# busybox wget http://96.0.187.175/downloads/LUCID -O lucid

which would actually be better .. as to the other stuff, there is so much switching of locations of files right now i am trying to write something to properly detect the ROM and where the files should be stored

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

gearangelus

Oct 16, 2009
Tuluá
www.todopapensar.net
Hi men. There's 2 things for me.

1- This app is what i need for edit my init.rc and mountd.conf over stock rom?

2- I have a problem when i run the script.

# lucid

My "Shell commander" just crash. Could be the Shell app, can 'u recomend me other one?

(Sorry for my english)

Thx.