[MOD][MAGISK][ANDROID 11] Addon features for Pixel 3, 4 and 5 devices and EXCLUSIVE features for Pixel 4a

Typhus_

Jan 9, 2013
Lisbon
Addon Features for Pixel 3, 4 and 5 devices:

So what is this? This is a Magisk module that adds these features to any Pixel 3, 4 or 5 device (and maybe on 2 as well...don't know...) running on Android 11:

• Forces Google Sans font system wide
  • 63 Accent colors
  • 12 Icon shapes
  • 22 Fonts
  • Wallpapers Breel 2019; 2020 & 2020a
  • 9 different Dark Styles
  • Background Blur options
  • Adaptive sound options
  • Navigation bar options (hide pill, reduce keyboard bottom space size, hide assist handles)
  • SystemUI Tuner options
  • Rounded corner options
  • QS Rows x Columns options
  • QS Footer Drag Handle options (Default, Accent based, Hidden)
  • Forces Basic Attestation thus making ctsProfile true by just enabling Magisk Hide
  • Rom Control app (to setup all options available that you cannot using just Styles & Wallpapers)

Everything can be controlled using Styles & Wallpapers and also Rom Control app.

Get it here: Typhus_Addon_Features_for_Pixel_V5.zip

Addon Features EXCLUSIVE for Pixel 4a (sunfish) running Android 11 STOCK ROM:

This exclusive and specific for Pixel 4a running on Android 11 stock ROM Magisk module adds all of the above features (except for the footer drag handle options) but with extra goodies!

Exclusive features included:

• Battery Bar
  • Battery Styles
  • Clock Customization
  • Corrected lock screen icons not changing after applying different theme
  • Gesture Navigations MODs (hide pill, reduce keyboard size, hide assistant handles)
  • Lock screen album art customization
  • Lock screen custom clock faces
  • Network Traffic Indicators
  • QS Battery percentage independent options
  • QS Header opacity level control
  • QS Headers styles
  • QS Panel opacity level control
  • QS Tiles styles
  • Removed side assist handles from lock screen
  • QS Data usage info
  • QS Rows x Columns options (both on portrait and landscape modes)
  • Hide QS Labels
  • Touch QS Labels to add or remove on QS customize panel (just didn't bothered to translate "Tap or Drag Tiles..." strings, so you'll continue to see "Drag Tiles..." but the feature is there, try it.)

Get it here: Typhus_Addon_Features_for_Pixel4a_V5.zip

Notes regarding the exclusive version for Pixel 4a:

• DO NOT, I'll repeat, DO NOT flash Exclusive zip for Pixel 4a on any other Pixel device or even on Pixel 4a if running other ROM rather than Android 11 stock. If you want those extra features on your current device/ROM you will have to port them yourself. I explain how to later on this post.

• Make sure that you're able to run adb shell as root before rebooting your device

• If something goes wrong after flashing Add-on features module, like if your device doesn't boot or something stupid, connect your phone to your PC during boot and run this:

Code:
adb shell
Code:
su
Code:
rm -rf /data/adb/modules/AddonFeaturesForPixel4a/ && reboot

Requirements:

• Unlocked bootloader
  • Magisk Root | Magisk Manager

How to install? (If you're running a Pixel 5, just install the module...you don't need all these next steps)

1. Uninstall Device Personalization Services updates
  2. Clear Google Play Store app data and cache
  3. Flash the Magisk Module
  4. Reboot device
  5. Open Google Play Store and update Device Personalization services (or any other Pixel exclusive app you see it needs to update).
  6. Profit!

Video:

Check all Rom Control (exclusive for Pixel 4a) options HERE.

How's these "exclusive features" even possible?

All (well, not all but almost...) features that you see on Pixel 4a exclusive Magisk Module were reverse engineered from Evolution X ROM source code. The source code is available on the link bellow shown on the credits. This means that I've been practicing some hard core "old school" Android smali edition in order to get this working. So, yes, I have some credits about this but, if it weren't for the original developers and it's public source code, none of this would be possible. Thank them for this!

Smali, and xml, edition wasn't enough to get this working. After decompiling, changing/adapt the code and recompiling everything again, I had to find a way to make it bootable without messing with the original apk signature. And here is where VR Theme logic came in handy. So thanks for the original dev who brought us this feature.

As for ROM Control app....this was/is a project created by daxgirl and wubydax back in 2015! So yeah, I'm not bringing anything new here, I just followed their instructions in order to get the features working after editing smali/xml with the source code taken from Evolution X. The original app source code is also available on the link shared on the credits.

I've just combined all of the above into a Magisk Module and shared here so that we can get the best of both worlds....a stock ROM with custom features included.

Rom Control with "exclusive features" source code:

https://github.com/ElTifo/CustomSettingsForDevs/tree/Pixel4a

Want to port the "exclusive features" to your Pixel device? Here's how:

https://github.com/ElTifo/CustomSettingsForDevs/tree/Pixel4a/app/src/mods

Credits:

EvolutionX ROM team, specially @joeyhuab
@daxgirl
and @Wuby986 for ROM Control project and source code.
@Tulsadiver for showing me how to adapt VR Theme logic originally used on 3Minit Battery Mod by @gharrington.
@Ticklefish
for Tickle My Android
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@kdrag0n for Safetynet-fix.
@Freak07 for Adaptive Audio

Cheers and enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

floydster1708

Feb 26, 2014
This is a simple Magisk module that:

- Forces Google Sans font system wide
- Adds more accent colors and icon shapes
- Adds 9 dark styles (use cmd overlay to enable/disable them or any other method you may know to change overlay states)
- Enables Background Blur
- Enables Adaptive sound

The MOD is compatible with any Pixel 4 device running Android 11.

Made it for my personal use, decided to share for anyone who's interested on these features.

Adaptive sound takes time to appear on Settings. Just wait a few minutes.

Enjoy!

Cheers!
Hey thanks for this. I really appreciate the different fonts and icon shapes.

Reactions: Typhus_

Daenjel

Feb 21, 2017
Oaxaca City
Really appreciate your work man, just a quick question; what can I modify to skip the font stuff from the module? Because I use another module for a custom font and it gets overridden by this one, tnx.

Typhus_

Jan 9, 2013
Lisbon
Really appreciate your work man, just a quick question; what can I modify to skip the font stuff from the module? Because I use another module for a custom font and it gets overridden by this one, tnx.
Open the zip and remove the /system/fonts folder. Reflash that modified zip. Done.

Reactions: Daenjel

floydster1708

Feb 26, 2014
OP has been updated.

Safetynet fix added to the module.
Thank you again for these customization options. I've had it flashed for several days and rebooted many times and cannot locate the adaptive sound option. Would it just be under sound and vibration? Everything else is great.

Typhus_

Jan 9, 2013
Lisbon
Thank you again for these customization options. I've had it flashed for several days and rebooted many times and cannot locate the adaptive sound option. Would it just be under sound and vibration? Everything else is great.
It should be on sound and vibration, yes. On my Pixel 4a it's here....so I can't quite understand why it isn't on yours....

boybill

Mar 20, 2011
St Paul

- Adds 9 dark styles (use cmd overlay to enable/disable them or any other method you may know to change overlay states)
- Enables Adaptive sound (make sure to uninstall Device Personalization Services updates before flashing the module)
- Forces Basic Attestation thus making ctsProfile true by just enabling Magisk Hide.

Made it for my personal use, decided to share for anyone who's interested on these features.

Enjoy!

Credits:

@kdrag0n
for Safetynet-fix.

Cheers!
This is terrific. Thank you

floydster1708

Feb 26, 2014

- Enables Adaptive sound (make sure to uninstall Device Personalization Services updates before flashing the module)
- Forces Basic Attestation thus making ctsProfile true by just enabling Magisk Hide.

Enjoy!

Credits:

@kdrag0n
for Safetynet-fix.

Cheers!
I have this font that I really like that's not included. Is it possible for me to just add it to system in your module and flash the modified zip or is there more to it than that. Not that I'm complaining in any way. I like all the fonts. Just curious

Last edited:

Typhus_

Jan 9, 2013
Lisbon
I have this font that I really like that's not included. Is it possible for me to just add it to system in your module and flash the modified zip or is there more to it than that. Not that I'm complaining in any way. I like all the fonts. Just curious
The font itself won't do anything. You would have to edit fonts_customization.xml and create an overlay for it.

Another solution would be to rename the font files to roboto*whatever* and replace it inside the zip /system/fonts. But, by doing so you would lose Google Sans applied system wide. If that's your objective, then you can do it.

Cheers!

floydster1708

Feb 26, 2014
The font itself won't do anything. You would have to edit fonts_customization.xml and create an overlay for it.

Another solution would be to rename the font files to roboto*whatever* and replace it inside the zip /system/fonts. But, by doing so you would lose Google Sans applied system wide. If that's your objective, then you can do it.

Cheers!
Ok. Cool thanks