[MOD][MAGISK][ANDROID 11] Addon features for Pixel 3, 4 and 5 devices and EXCLUSIVE features for Pixel 4a

Typhus_

Jan 9, 2013
Lisbon
How can I remove blur?
Open the module zip and open the service.sh file.

Remove the line that starts with resetprop, save the file.

Flash the modified zip and you're done.

DO NOT extract the zip and repack it. Do it inside the zip using 7zip or Winrar, or any other program that can edit zips without messing with the compression type.

Cheers!

Reactions: Natakranta

nisarg_gandhi

Oct 13, 2014
ATTENTION!

OP has "suffered" a complete overall.

Added way more stuff and Pixel 4a exclusive features.

Hope you may enjoy this.

Cheers!
The new builds (v4) caused bootloops and random shutdowns, only when tweaks were made using rom control app.
I flashed it via magisk on stock pixel 4a rom.
As soon as any tweak was made in the rom control app, phone will hang and restart eventually and once it restarts, If I change the theme from dark to light, it will again hang and restart.
Even removing the mod (via adb command) caused bootloops.

The previous version was working perfectly fine though.

Although, pixel 4a does stutter while opening notifications shade when blur is kept on. (I think it's related to GPU or idk)

Kudos to op for working hard on it, hope they figure out what's up with this new version.

Cheers!

Typhus_

Jan 9, 2013
Lisbon
The new builds (v4) caused bootloops and random shutdowns, only when tweaks were made using rom control app.
I flashed it via magisk on stock pixel 4a rom.
As soon as any tweak was made in the rom control app, phone will hang and restart eventually and once it restarts, If I change the theme from dark to light, it will again hang and restart.
Even removing the mod (via adb command) caused bootloops.

The previous version was working perfectly fine though.

Although, pixel 4a does stutter while opening notifications shade when blur is kept on. (I think it's related to GPU or idk)

Kudos to op for working hard on it, hope they figure out what's up with this new version.

Cheers!
There's nothing wrong with V4. I've tested both modules before sharing them here.

Furthermore, the only thing that ROM Control version, included on V4 zip, does is just to enable/disable overlays.

Please have in mind that the version specific for 4a is not V4, so if you're talking about that version, please specify that you're talking about 4a exclusive zip.

As I was saying, tested everything before sharing here, so my guess is that something's wrong at your end. I suggest you to flash latest stock version through fastboot. Remove the -w flag to retain your data.

You're running on stock, right?

Either way, to figure out what's wrong, I need logcat with the error. Without it, it's impossible for me to check anything since I don't have errors here.

Cheers!

Last edited:

nisarg_gandhi

Oct 13, 2014
There's nothing wrong with V4. I've tested both modules before sharing them here.

Furthermore, the only thing that ROM Control version, included on V4 zip, does is just to enable/disable overlays.

Please have in mind that the version specific for 4a is not V4, so if you're talking about that version, please specify that you're talking about 4a exclusive zip.

As I was saying, tested everything before sharing here, so my guess is that something's wrong at your end. I suggest you to flash latest stock version through fastboot. Remove the -w flag to retain your data.

You're running on stock, right?

Either way, to figure out what's wrong, I need logcat with the error. Without it, it's impossible for me to check anything since I don't have errors here.

Cheers!

Yes I'm stock on 4a and I flashed 4a exclusive zip only.

I've already restored the phone back to stock again but if I try to re-flash and and if it happens again I'll share logcat.

Thanks!

Reactions: Typhus_

jojo1419

Mar 30, 2012
It's probably because I don't have stock rom but I can't get QS background blur to work. Same thing for the background blur on the notification panel the only way it works is from the settings. I'm running superior OS. Thanks!

Typhus_

Jan 9, 2013
Lisbon
It's probably because I don't have stock rom but I can't get QS background blur to work. Same thing for the background blur on the notification panel the only way it works is from the settings. I'm running superior OS. Thanks!
Probably SuperiorOS has it's own blur implementation. If you mention that an option for that exists on Settings then it's quite possible that the feature present on my module won't do squat. The only thing the mod does is to force the prop at startup. Check your props. Open terminal and type getprop | grep blur. At my end is like I show on the attachment.

Attachments

jojo1419

Mar 30, 2012
Probably SuperiorOS has it's own blur implementation. If you mention that an option for that exists on Settings then it's quite possible that the feature present on my module won't do squat. The only thing the mod does is to force the prop at startup. Check your props. Open terminal and type getprop | grep blur. At my end is like I show on the attachment.
This is mine. The blur is from the rom settings. I thought the blur in the QS looked cool haha.

Attachments

nisarg_gandhi

Oct 13, 2014
Hello!

Both modules on the OP have been updated.

Changelog:

• Added QS Rows x Columns options
  • Navigation bar assist handles options added on "universal" module version
  • Improved ctsProfile fix

Cheers!
Works perfectly! Thanks for the hardwork.

Last version didn't work for me because apparently this module has issues with some other cosmetic modules I had installed, (most probably Gvisual mod) although I don't have time to dig in deep and exactly figure out which modules were causing this module to fail.

Also, with "enable blurs"/"QS background blur" ON the notification drawer lags a little bit if it has more than 2-3 notifications. I've tried it on clean rom, with apps installed, with no other modules installed and also with a fully working apps installed rom, (I'm on latest stock rooted). The notification drawer doesn't lag at all with blur off.
Do you think it's because Pixel 4a can't handle blur properly or is it only happening on my device?

Thanks again! Love the mods. Specially the bubble clock on lockscreen!!

Typhus_

Jan 9, 2013
Lisbon
Works perfectly! Thanks for the hardwork.

Last version didn't work for me because apparently this module has issues with some other cosmetic modules I had installed, (most probably Gvisual mod) although I don't have time to dig in deep and exactly figure out which modules were causing this module to fail.

Also, with "enable blurs"/"QS background blur" ON the notification drawer lags a little bit if it has more than 2-3 notifications. I've tried it on clean rom, with apps installed, with no other modules installed and also with a fully working apps installed rom, (I'm on latest stock rooted). The notification drawer doesn't lag at all with blur off.
Do you think it's because Pixel 4a can't handle blur properly or is it only happening on my device?

Thanks again! Love the mods. Specially the bubble clock on lockscreen!!
I always test everything compulsively before sharing and I didn't face any issues what so ever. But, I don't have any other MODs installed on my device. Also Gvisual Mod is not needed anymore since I added the rounded corners options, which I believe it was that feature you were looking for when you've installed Gvisual....right? Or is there any other feature Gvisual has that this module doesn't?

As for blur, it might be placebo at my end but I think that on latest stock the frame drop has been improved when using blur. Either way, I've added the option to enable/disable it so you can just use it the way it feels better to you.

Glad you liked the module, that's my primary objective, obviously....to make people happy using stock.

Cheers!

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
Hello!

Both modules on the OP have been updated.

Changelog:

• Added QS Rows x Columns options
  • Navigation bar assist handles options added on "universal" module version
  • Improved ctsProfile fix

Cheers!
Thanks a million for your mod. It feels so good to be able to set number of QS rows and columns on my Pixel 4a 5G (stock rooted).
Every new Android version release I wonder how Google will mess up Quick Settings tiles this time.

In regards to notification blur I felt they jitter a bit when blur is on and I pull down from screen edge to develop QS and notifications. I instantly thought of blur to check because just a few weeks ago running DerpFest rom 11 on OnePlus 5T I remember there were discussions about notification blur slowing down the pull down animation. I turned off blur toggle in your app , rebooted UI and notification is smooth as normal.
BTW, great app! Thank you for making it so it is so easy to control all the features you put into your mod. Great job mate!