[MOD][MAGISK][ANDROID 11] Addon Features for Pixel Devices - Pixel 4 XL Thread

Search This thread

Curiousn00b

After updating to July, and re-rooting and re flashing both the add-on and system UI, when I turn on adaptive sound service, and go to settings, the option doesn't show up in the sound&vibration settings. Even went out of my way to reset the phone and re root and re flash again. I also did a search in settings for adaptive sound and nothing. Any idea whats going on?

Edit: it to be the system UI package that removes adaptive sound
Have you tried installing the Pixel 5 version of Device Personalization Service?

Tks for your module.It works quite good on my pixel4,and i haven't find any frame dropping.But the blur doesn't work when you switch a front task to the multitask interface,but it works properly when you switch the laucher to the miltitask interface.
I think it's a bug and i hope it will be fixed in the future.
(I am not a native english speaker and i hope my words above will not worry you)

Reactions: flash713
Tks for your module.It works quite good on my pixel4,and i haven't find any frame dropping.But the blur doesn't work when you switch a front task to the multitask interface,but it works properly when you switch the laucher to the miltitask interface.
I think it's a bug and i hope it will be fixed in the future.
(I am not a native english speaker and i hope my words above will not worry you)
Oh,some times it works good,it may be a pobabilistic problem

vlubosh

For Android S I've made other module that just adds some features like the "V8 module" on the OP and allows you to test the S hidden features.

For S I haven't made the "exclusive features" since, until final release, Google will most likely change at lot of stuff so there's no point on wasting time smali editing S SystemUI.

I'll attach it on this post if you want to try.

Every feature and instructions are on the attached PDF.

Cheers!
hello, is this package working with beta 4 android 12?

JakeDHS07

Dec 15, 2010
North Salem NY
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I haven't tested it yet. Was planning to do so today but if I had to guess I'd say yes it should be fine and I base that solely on the fact that there is no change log and it's strictly security updates this month as the Android 12 drop is next month and they are focusing on that. For that one we will most likely need a complete rewrite.

whitewallman

May 1, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I haven't tested it yet. Was planning to do so today but if I had to guess I'd say yes it should be fine and I base that solely on the fact that there is no change log and it's strictly security updates this month as the Android 12 drop is next month and they are focusing on that. For that one we will most likely need a complete rewrite.
Thanks! If you update, could you share your results? I don't have a backup device if it fails.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Addon_Features_For_Pixel_Devices.png

So what is this? This is a Magisk module that adds the following features to any Pixel 3, 4 or 5 device running on Android 11:

• Forces Google Sans font system wide
    • 63 Accent colors
    • 12 Icon shapes
    • 22 Fonts
    • Wallpapers Breel 2019; 2020 & 2020a
    • 9 different Dark Styles
    • Adds 2 button mode navigation (it was removed on Android 11 but I think some users like that navigation mode, so I add it)
    • Background Blur options
    • Blur Intensity options
    • Adaptive sound options
    • Navigation bar options (hide pill, reduce keyboard bottom space size, hide assist handles)
    • SystemUI Tuner options
    • Rounded corner options
    • QS Rows x Columns options
    • QS Footer Drag Handle options (Default, Accent based, Hidden)
    • Option to show more icon notifications on staus bar
    • Forces Basic Attestation thus making ctsProfile true by just enabling Magisk Hide
    • Rom Control app (to setup all options available that you cannot using just Styles & Wallpapers)

Everything can be controlled using Styles & Wallpapers and also Rom Control app.

This MOD will probably work on any AOSP, or close to it, ROMs.

Get it here: Android_11_Addon_Features_for_Pixel_V8.zip

Just a note, this module already includes a SafetyNet fix, so if you're using another module for SafetyNet, please remove it since I don't know if that couldn't cause issues.

For all users already running Android 12 please go to THIS THREAD.

Addon Features EXCLUSIVE for Pixel Devices running on STOCK Android 11 ROM:

These exclusive and specific for Pixel Devices running on STOCK Android 11 ROM Magisk modules that you'll see next adds all of the features stated above but with extra goodies!

"Exclusive features" included:

• Battery Bar
    • Battery Styles
    • Clock Customization
    • Corrected lock screen icons not changing after applying different theme
    • "Disco Dingo" the QS (just a funny name for the option to apply random colors on QS toggles)
    • Hide QS Labels
    • Lock screen album art customization
    • Lock screen camera shortcut (enable/disable)
    • Lock screen custom clock faces
    • Network Traffic Indicators (unfortunately, on redfin, it only works on QS Header and not on status bar)
    • QS Battery percentage independent options
    • QS Header opacity level control
    • QS Headers styles
    • QS Panel opacity level control
    • QS Tiles styles
    • QS Data usage info
    • QS Rows x Columns options (both on portrait and landscape modes)
    • Reduce Status bar height (and correct left padding on devices with the notch on the left)
    • Removed side assist handles from lock screen
    • Status bar Quick Pulldown (Never, Right pulldown, Left pulldown, Always)
    • Switch styles
    • Touch QS Labels to add or remove on QS customize panel (just didn't bothered to translate "Tap or Drag Tiles..." strings, so you'll continue to see "Drag Tiles..." but the feature is there, try it.)

Exclusive features downloads:

Android_11_Addon_Features_For_Pixel_V13.zip
    -> "Harmless" module that works on any Pixel device running on STOCK ROM, much like the "universal mod" shared above, but with a Rom Control app version that has more options. The "exclusive features" options won't do anything if the SystemUI module, shared next, isn't installed. If your going to try these exclusive features module, install this one and not the one shared above. The SaftetyNet is also included on this module, so once again, don't try to use any other SafetyNet module since it could break things.

Android_11_
    SystemUI_for_Addon_Features_V10.zip -> This is "THE" module! This module adds all xml and smali changes into SystemUI. Without this module the "exclusive features" won't work. Also, this module could be responsible for breaking boot if it fails to work at your end. I've ran several tests on my device (a Pixel 4a) and didn't face any issues but, since this module replaces stock SystemUI for a modded SystemUI, you could run into problems if some other module tries to do the same or it's simply incompatible with it. This module was updated to match latest Android 11 October 2021 build.

Android_11_
    SystemUI_for_Addon_Features_V9.zip -> Use this version ONLY if you're still running any Android 11 build between June and September 2021!

Notes regarding the "exclusive version" for Pixel devices:

• DO NOT, I'll repeat, DO NOT flash "SystemUI module" zip on any other ROM besides stock. It won't work! If you want those extra features on your current ROM you will have to port them yourself. I explain how to later on this post.

• Make sure that you're able to run adb shell as root before rebooting your device.

• If something goes wrong after flashing "SystemUI module", like if your device doesn't boot or something stupid, connect your phone to your PC during boot and run this:

Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    Code:
    rm -rf /data/adb/modules/Modded_SystemUI && reboot

• If you forgot to enable the ability to run adb shell as root, and if your device is on a "non-boot" state, the only way you can fix that is to remove all Magisk modules you have installed. That can be achieved by running the following commands during boot:

Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    magisk --remove-modules
    • If none of the above methods work to get your device booting, then you have to boot into safe mode. By doing so, Magisk will disable all modules for you (it doesn't uninstall them, just disables them). To force a boot into safe mode all you need to do is to keep pressing volume down button during boot animation. After the system boots into safe mode you can reboot your device to boot up normally (since all modules will be disabled). If you get stuck during boot animation again, just force another reboot (I've had to do that during my tests).

• The "SystemUI module" requires that your device is already updated to March build!

• When a new OTA update comes please don't flash the "SystemUI module" until I say it's ok to do so. I mean, me or any other member who may have tested it. Why? Because Google may change things on stock SystemUI between builds. When that happens, I have to recreate the module again to adapt those changes. For instance, March build was not compatible with the module that was built on top of February build SystemUI. Rest assured that I'll always test the module with new builds and update as necessary.

• In case your device gets caught in a bootloop, please provide me a logcat so I may try and look if anything can be done about it. To do so, during boot connect your device to your PC and grab a logcat with this adb command:

Code:
      adb logcat > log.txt

Requirements:

• Unlocked bootloader
    • Magisk Root | Magisk Manager

Suggestion:

• Uninstall all other modules you may have installed IF you're going for the "exclusive features". They could be incompatible with the "SystemUI module" thus making the device get caught in a bootloop. You may install them afterwards, one by one, just to make sure everything is ok.

• If you're up to it, instead of disabling/removing modules, just flash latest stock build through fastboot. If you want to retain your data, remove the "-w" flag from the update command on flash-all script.

How to install? (If you're running a Pixel 5, just install the module...you don't need all these next steps)

1. Uninstall Device Personalization Services updates
    2. Clear Google Play Store app data and cache
    3. Flash the Magisk Module(s)
    4. Reboot device
    5. Open Google Play Store and update Device Personalization services (or any other Pixel exclusive app you see it needs to update).
    6. Profit!

Video:

Check all Rom Control (with exclusive features) options HERE.

How's these "exclusive features" even possible?

All (well, not all but almost...) features that you see on Pixel Devices "SystemUI module" were reverse engineered from Evolution X ROM source code. The source code is available on the link bellow shown on the credits. This means that I've been practicing some hard core "old school" Android smali edition in order to get this working. So, yes, I have some credits about this but, if it weren't for the original developers and it's public source code, none of this would be possible. Thank them for this!

Smali, and xml, edition wasn't enough to get this working. After decompiling, changing/adapt the code and recompiling everything again, I had to find a way to make it bootable without messing with the original apk signature. And here is where VR Theme logic came in handy. So thanks for the original dev who brought us this feature.

As for ROM Control app....this was/is a project created by daxgirl and wubydax back in 2015! So yeah, I'm not bringing anything new here, I just followed their instructions in order to get the features working after editing smali/xml with the source code taken from Evolution X. The original app source code is also available on the link shared on the credits.

I've just combined all of the above into a Magisk Module and shared here so that we can get the best of both worlds....a stock ROM with custom features included.

Rom Control with "exclusive features" source code:

https://github.com/ElTifo/CustomSettingsForDevs/tree/Pixel4a

Want to port the "exclusive features" to your Pixel device running on other ROM? Here's how:

https://github.com/ElTifo/CustomSettingsForDevs/tree/Pixel4a/app/src/mods

Credits:

EvolutionX ROM team, specially @joeyhuab
    @daxgirl
    and @Wuby986 for ROM Control project and source code.
    @Tulsadiver for showing me how to adapt VR Theme logic originally used on 3Minit Battery Mod by @gharrington.
    @Ticklefish
    for Tickle My Android
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @kdrag0n for Safetynet-fix.
    @Freak07 for Adaptive Audio

Cheers and enjoy!
    Any chance this works on Android 12?F

For Android S I've made other module that just adds some features like the "V8 module" on the OP and allows you to test the S hidden features.

For S I haven't made the "exclusive features" since, until final release, Google will most likely change at lot of stuff so there's no point on wasting time smali editing S SystemUI.

I'll attach it on this post if you want to try.

Every feature and instructions are on the attached PDF.

Cheers!
    Hello!

Addon Features V13 and SystemUI V9 modules have been added on the OP.

These MODs are now working with June build update.

No other features were added, only make them compatible with June update (sorry, I don't have much free time lately).

Cheers and enjoy!
    The current SystemUI V7 module isn't compatible with May update.

The phone boots but SystemUI just gets FC.

I'll have to fix the module and upload a new version.

Please be patient.

Cheers!
    Hello!

SystemUI MOD V7 is compatible with April update, I'm using it already and it's working ok.

Tested it on sunfish (Pixel 4a) but I think it's the same for all models.

Thought you'd like to know.

Cheers!