[MOD][MAGISK][ANDROID 11] Addon Features for Pixel Devices - Pixel 5 Thread

Search This thread

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
It's working for me with the modded framework. I don't use the navbar mod though.

I use "Fullscreen/Immersive Gestures" mod from the Magisk repository instead.
So u dirty flashed April security and reflashed magisk and the modded add on v12 and v7 works ok? Is it possible to show me which magisk mods u have installed? Thanks in advance

Reactions: Aphex13

Aphex13

Aug 21, 2010
Honolulu
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Yeah, I disabled all my modules, flashed April (without wipe), flashed new rooted boot image, booted up, and re-enabled everything. The only odd thing I noticed was that my accent color reset itself to blue somewhere along the way.
Screenshot_20210405-190425.png

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
Yeah, I disabled all my modules, flashed April (without wipe), flashed new rooted boot image, booted up, and re-enabled everything. The only odd thing I noticed was that my accent color reset itself to blue somewhere along the way.
View attachment 5271149
Hmm it's so wierd I just tried again after another clean flash of april , flashed new magisk patch and then installed/flashed the modded add ons again from op and after reboot I lose root and even my wallpaper changes wtf 🤦🏻‍♂️ this is nuts 😂

thekster

Jan 19, 2013
Hmm it's so wierd I just tried again after another clean flash of april , flashed new magisk patch and then installed/flashed the modded add ons again from op and after reboot I lose root and even my wallpaper changes wtf 🤦🏻‍♂️ this is nuts 😂
I used to have the same problem as you with the March patch. What I did was I flashed the V8 version in the main topic and restart the phone. Then i flashed V12 + the system ui module zip. Profit! I didn't lose root anymore. Make sure you used Magisk stable not canary.

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
I used to have the same problem as you with the March patch. What I did was I flashed the V8 version in the main topic and restart the phone. Then i flashed V12 + the system ui module zip. Profit! I didn't lose root anymore. Make sure you used Magisk stable not canary.
I tried that and still having the same issue unfortunately

Typhus_

• Jan 9, 2013
    Lisbon
    www.facebook.com
    Xiaomi Mi A1
    Xiaomi Mi A3
    Well after factory resetting the phone , i patched boot then flash magisk and just installed both your mods and after reboot i lost root again and your mods aren't working

edit: can anyone with pixel 5 confirm that these mods work with April images via dirty flash etc..? Thanks in advance

edit#2 : i just read on another thread for remove navbar mod that the recent mod didnt work with April patch becuase the service.jar has been updated/changed for our device this month so my guess is that your mods have to be updated with it included for it work with our device i think lol
    This MOD doesn't touch services.jar so there's no need for any change at my end.

And I've already compared April SystemUI with March SystemUI, there's no difference so there's nothing for me to update.

I'm sorry that you're not being able to root your device and use this MOD. But there's really nothing I can or need to do.

Cheers!

Krsmqn

Hi @Typhus_ , thanks for the cool mod. I was wondering if a couple of things may be added?
    1) Add app icon to the toast message?
    2) Option to remove lock screen icon and remove lock screen status bar?

Thanks again for the work!
    If I could echo this sentiment, as well as suggest something... The option to relocate the brightness slider to below the quick settings would be cool.
    Otherwise, excellent work on this mod! Seriously, well done! (y)

Reactions: Jiggs82

motes

Dec 20, 2010
    For install just need to flash V12 and systemUi V7, uninstall all other system tweaks and tht's all no?? The app controller is allso included in the module??? Thankyou!!!

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
    Phoenix
    Hello!

SystemUI V8 module has been added on the OP.

It's already working with May build update.

Please do not get confused with "Addon features V8", it's SYSTEMUI V8!

Cheers and enjoy!
    I don't think I am seeing all the options. I am on the may update on Pixel 5. I uninstalled all magisk modules. rebooted, then installed Android_11_Addon_Features_for_Pixel_V8 and Android_11_SystemUI_for_Addon_Features_V8_redfin_workaround.
    The Rom Control app is visible and I have the custom colors, but I would like to enable album art on the lock screen and shrink the status bar but don't see those options. I have never used this module before.
    YODzIwXhiuW0uU9hB-vDbFAsJjoLT2w2BSw5z-_CTym8KAczNOf7r61Zl8YCkhG6CJ7gJlKFUhXvxGIOVaawem7CCtw9D57iAzOo_3ZczyxvZz8kkRKLy7g3tnlGU1Z9nPJdm3tbjAuBV9BbBQMkPWjWhdH-F0Wit-t7FeN93ZS0DqPGax4tJuNwtIQhsz0grxD9idBBF4hpVrnLVgSI86ub1spRjs4NSqdFWzY5-ol3KK9SWx-7J4JtAonBWs7U0RuGjUd0qx9l4sPwKZYvGPX51fx4vbbHjD_IF_CR3CM-9_fHXeeo78LHuVlJRTgawKpQI69eC0iDB6QnvUU4rVFNbgr0EgmAr6wC6WXGI38IGPN41ogwUV18SIsiMI6ROdTpsSgUwe04w54_I5yCgeE-_cpPv3kEq10wggpUWLQqFc28rsfeXMtyjq5Pu33KTnxh76hw_XffDwKJCOlmUiHK1fxG6bkcrqOqDno4PUe1TII_OKbdWeSOFbqYrsyUzKJS8HYiTKBELOeRF1qIxvTFbai-O4P5NpHAgX_I7Gt1eYnE0Wox5gDtQXTzXHqMRIoVVZX5py13YsZt-r6q9cCyiBNqbOt4QpfO7MTQGWaivvspS2Un-oJR-vodtDGw8lDq3-Qc0D8kkOS2iLHOaFuJXXmhdPKEclMg_Y0-LbxGgeHbpHYX9hPzLjWN4r6E0m0ZKTRU5cRZGdj3GRyof89urg=w1080-h2340-no

EDIT:
    Never mind I had to read the first post a few times to realize I should have flashed
    Android_11_Addon_Features_For_Pixel_V12.zip
    instead of
    Android_11_Addon_Features_for_Pixel_V8

Last edited:
    Reactions: shooterlgk

Typhus_

• Jan 9, 2013
    Lisbon
    www.facebook.com
    Xiaomi Mi A1
    Xiaomi Mi A3
    I don't think I am seeing all the options. I am on the may update on Pixel 5. I uninstalled all magisk modules. rebooted, then installed Android_11_Addon_Features_for_Pixel_V8 and Android_11_SystemUI_for_Addon_Features_V8_redfin_workaround.
    The Rom Control app is visible and I have the custom colors, but I would like to enable album art on the lock screen and shrink the status bar but don't see those options. I have never used this module before.
    YODzIwXhiuW0uU9hB-vDbFAsJjoLT2w2BSw5z-_CTym8KAczNOf7r61Zl8YCkhG6CJ7gJlKFUhXvxGIOVaawem7CCtw9D57iAzOo_3ZczyxvZz8kkRKLy7g3tnlGU1Z9nPJdm3tbjAuBV9BbBQMkPWjWhdH-F0Wit-t7FeN93ZS0DqPGax4tJuNwtIQhsz0grxD9idBBF4hpVrnLVgSI86ub1spRjs4NSqdFWzY5-ol3KK9SWx-7J4JtAonBWs7U0RuGjUd0qx9l4sPwKZYvGPX51fx4vbbHjD_IF_CR3CM-9_fHXeeo78LHuVlJRTgawKpQI69eC0iDB6QnvUU4rVFNbgr0EgmAr6wC6WXGI38IGPN41ogwUV18SIsiMI6ROdTpsSgUwe04w54_I5yCgeE-_cpPv3kEq10wggpUWLQqFc28rsfeXMtyjq5Pu33KTnxh76hw_XffDwKJCOlmUiHK1fxG6bkcrqOqDno4PUe1TII_OKbdWeSOFbqYrsyUzKJS8HYiTKBELOeRF1qIxvTFbai-O4P5NpHAgX_I7Gt1eYnE0Wox5gDtQXTzXHqMRIoVVZX5py13YsZt-r6q9cCyiBNqbOt4QpfO7MTQGWaivvspS2Un-oJR-vodtDGw8lDq3-Qc0D8kkOS2iLHOaFuJXXmhdPKEclMg_Y0-LbxGgeHbpHYX9hPzLjWN4r6E0m0ZKTRU5cRZGdj3GRyof89urg=w1080-h2340-no
    You need Addon features V12 + SystemUI V8.

Addon features V8 is a reduced version made only for other ROMs rather then stock.

Cheers!

Reactions: Aphex13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hello!

Cheers and enjoy!
      The current SystemUI V7 module isn't compatible with May update.

The phone boots but SystemUI just gets FC.

I'll have to fix the module and upload a new version.

Please be patient.

Cheers!
      I chos disco version of Quock tiles but all are green! How can i change it?

That's odd...the "disco" is random and it should really show more colors than just green.

Thanks for the help. I have all the settings now, but am having a couple of problems.
      First, Turning on Media Cover Art has no effect on the lock screen. I have tried several different music apps and rebooting the phone and the system UI but it does not seem to be working.
      Second I disable Blur behind quick settings. This works after I reboot the system UI but blurring starts to happen again after a while or anytime I reboot the phone even though the setting is still off. I have to enable and disable again to get it to disable.

I honestly don't know why that's happening at your end. Both of those features should be working without issues.

i just wanted to chime in and say thank you for this awesome mod! i've been torn because i wanted the customization of custom roms but didn't want to give up the pixel exclusive features like call automatic call screening. Now thanks to your mod i dont have to give up stock for the features i want.

No problem, that was exactly my overall objective when I've created this for my personal use.

Cheers!
      Hi @Typhus_ , thanks for the cool mod. I was wondering if a couple of things may be added?
      1) Add app icon to the toast message?
      2) Option to remove lock screen icon and remove lock screen status bar?

Thanks again for the work!
      If I could echo this sentiment, as well as suggest something... The option to relocate the brightness slider to below the quick settings would be cool.
      Otherwise, excellent work on this mod! Seriously, well done! (y)
      Amazing work! Working very well on my Pixel 5. Haven't noticed any bugs!
      Addon_Features_For_Pixel_Devices.png

So what is this? This is a Magisk module that adds the following features to any Pixel 3, 4 or 5 device running on Android 11:

• Forces Google Sans font system wide
      • 63 Accent colors
      • 12 Icon shapes
      • 22 Fonts
      • Wallpapers Breel 2019; 2020 & 2020a
      • 9 different Dark Styles
      • Adds 2 button mode navigation (it was removed on Android 11 but I think some users like that navigation mode, so I add it)
      • Background Blur options
      • Blur Intensity options
      • Adaptive sound options
      • Navigation bar options (hide pill, reduce keyboard bottom space size, hide assist handles)
      • SystemUI Tuner options
      • Rounded corner options
      • QS Rows x Columns options
      • QS Footer Drag Handle options (Default, Accent based, Hidden)
      • Option to show more icon notifications on staus bar
      • Forces Basic Attestation thus making ctsProfile true by just enabling Magisk Hide
      • Rom Control app (to setup all options available that you cannot using just Styles & Wallpapers)

Everything can be controlled using Styles & Wallpapers and also Rom Control app.

This MOD will probably work on any AOSP, or close to it, ROMs.

Get it here: Android_11_Addon_Features_for_Pixel_V8.zip

Just a note, this module already includes a SafetyNet fix, so if you're using another module for SafetyNet, please remove it since I don't know if that couldn't cause issues.

For users that may be testing Android S developer preview I've made a module that, not only, adds all above features, but also, adds the hidden Android S features that you can choose to test. That module is shared HERE. I've also shared, on that post, a PDF with all features explained as well as instructions. Feel free to try it.

Addon Features EXCLUSIVE for Pixel Devices running on STOCK Android 11 ROM:

These exclusive and specific for Pixel Devices running on STOCK Android 11 ROM Magisk modules that you'll see next adds all of the features stated above but with extra goodies!

"Exclusive features" included:

• Battery Bar
      • Battery Styles
      • Clock Customization
      • Corrected lock screen icons not changing after applying different theme
      • "Disco Dingo" the QS (just a funny name for the option to apply random colors on QS toggles)
      • Hide QS Labels
      • Lock screen album art customization
      • Lock screen camera shortcut (enable/disable)
      • Lock screen custom clock faces
      • Network Traffic Indicators (unfortunately, on redfin, it only works on QS Header and not on status bar)
      • QS Battery percentage independent options
      • QS Header opacity level control
      • QS Headers styles
      • QS Panel opacity level control
      • QS Tiles styles
      • QS Data usage info
      • QS Rows x Columns options (both on portrait and landscape modes)
      • Reduce Status bar height (and correct left padding on devices with the notch on the left)
      • Removed side assist handles from lock screen
      • Status bar Quick Pulldown (Never, Right pulldown, Left pulldown, Always)
      • Switch styles
      • Touch QS Labels to add or remove on QS customize panel (just didn't bothered to translate "Tap or Drag Tiles..." strings, so you'll continue to see "Drag Tiles..." but the feature is there, try it.)

Exclusive features downloads:

Android_11_Addon_Features_For_Pixel_V12.zip
      -> "Harmless" module that works on any Pixel device running on STOCK ROM, much like the "universal mod" shared above, but with a Rom Control app version that has more options. The "exclusive features" options won't do anything if the SystemUI module, shared next, isn't installed. If your going to try these exclusive features module, install this one and not the one shared above. The SaftetyNet is also included on this module, so once again, don't try to use any other SafetyNet module since it could break things.

Android_11_SystemUI_for_Addon_Features_V7_redfin_workaround.zip -> This is "THE" module! This module adds all xml and smali changes into SystemUI. Without this module the "exclusive features" won't work. Also, this module could be responsible for breaking boot if it fails to work at your end. I've ran several tests on my device (a Pixel 4a) and didn't face any issues but, since this module replaces stock SystemUI for a modded SystemUI, you could run into problems if some other module tries to do the same or it's simply incompatible with it.

Android_11_SystemUI_for_Addon_Features_V8_redfin_workaround.zip -> Use this version if you're already using May Android 11 build update!

Notes regarding the "exclusive version" for Pixel devices:

• DO NOT, I'll repeat, DO NOT flash "SystemUI module" zip on any other ROM besides stock. It won't work! If you want those extra features on your current ROM you will have to port them yourself. I explain how to later on this post.

• Make sure that you're able to run adb shell as root before rebooting your device.

• If something goes wrong after flashing "SystemUI module", like if your device doesn't boot or something stupid, connect your phone to your PC during boot and run this:

Code:
      adb shell
      Code:
      su
      Code:
      rm -rf /data/adb/modules/Modded_SystemUI && reboot

• If you forgot to enable the ability to run adb shell as root, and if your device is on a "non-boot" state, the only way you can fix that is to remove all Magisk modules you have installed. That can be achieved by running the following commands during boot:

Code:
      adb shell
      Code:
      magisk --remove-modules
      • If none of the above methods work to get your device booting, then you have to boot into safe mode. By doing so, Magisk will disable all modules for you (it doesn't uninstall them, just disables them). To force a boot into safe mode all you need to do is to keep pressing volume down button during boot animation. After the system boots into safe mode you can reboot your device to boot up normally (since all modules will be disabled). If you get stuck during boot animation again, just force another reboot (I've had to do that during my tests).

• The "SystemUI module" requires that your device is already updated to March build!

• When a new OTA update comes please don't flash the "SystemUI module" until I say it's ok to do so. I mean, me or any other member who may have tested it. Why? Because Google may change things on stock SystemUI between builds. When that happens, I have to recreate the module again to adapt those changes. For instance, March build was not compatible with the module that was built on top of February build SystemUI. Rest assured that I'll always test the module with new builds and update as necessary.

• In case your device gets caught in a bootloop, please provide me a logcat so I may try and look if anything can be done about it. To do so, during boot connect your device to your PC and grab a logcat with this adb command:

Code:
        adb logcat > log.txt

Requirements:

• Unlocked bootloader
      • Magisk Root | Magisk Manager

Suggestion:

• Uninstall all other modules you may have installed IF you're going for the "exclusive features". They could be incompatible with the "SystemUI module" thus making the device get caught in a bootloop. You may install them afterwards, one by one, just to make sure everything is ok.

• If you're up to it, instead of disabling/removing modules, just flash latest stock build through fastboot. If you want to retain your data, remove the "-w" flag from the update command on flash-all script.

How to install? (If you're running a Pixel 5, just install the module...you don't need all these next steps)

1. Uninstall Device Personalization Services updates
      2. Clear Google Play Store app data and cache
      3. Flash the Magisk Module(s)
      4. Reboot device
      5. Open Google Play Store and update Device Personalization services (or any other Pixel exclusive app you see it needs to update).
      6. Profit!

Video:

Check all Rom Control (with exclusive features) options HERE.

How's these "exclusive features" even possible?

All (well, not all but almost...) features that you see on Pixel Devices "SystemUI module" were reverse engineered from Evolution X ROM source code. The source code is available on the link bellow shown on the credits. This means that I've been practicing some hard core "old school" Android smali edition in order to get this working. So, yes, I have some credits about this but, if it weren't for the original developers and it's public source code, none of this would be possible. Thank them for this!

Smali, and xml, edition wasn't enough to get this working. After decompiling, changing/adapt the code and recompiling everything again, I had to find a way to make it bootable without messing with the original apk signature. And here is where VR Theme logic came in handy. So thanks for the original dev who brought us this feature.

As for ROM Control app....this was/is a project created by daxgirl and wubydax back in 2015! So yeah, I'm not bringing anything new here, I just followed their instructions in order to get the features working after editing smali/xml with the source code taken from Evolution X. The original app source code is also available on the link shared on the credits.

I've just combined all of the above into a Magisk Module and shared here so that we can get the best of both worlds....a stock ROM with custom features included.

Rom Control with "exclusive features" source code:

https://github.com/ElTifo/CustomSettingsForDevs/tree/Pixel4a

Want to port the "exclusive features" to your Pixel device running on other ROM? Here's how:

https://github.com/ElTifo/CustomSettingsForDevs/tree/Pixel4a/app/src/mods

Credits:

EvolutionX ROM team, specially @joeyhuab
      @daxgirl
      and @Wuby986 for ROM Control project and source code.
      @Tulsadiver for showing me how to adapt VR Theme logic originally used on 3Minit Battery Mod by @gharrington.
      @Ticklefish
      for Tickle My Android
      @topjohnwu for Magisk
      @kdrag0n for Safetynet-fix.
      @Freak07 for Adaptive Audio

Cheers and enjoy!
      OP has been updated!

I've figured out what was causing bootloop after flashing SystemUI mod.

The new "SystemUI module" shared on the OP boots but, unfortunately, Netwrok traffic won't work on status bar. It can only be enabled on QS Header. Better this than not having anything, I think.

I'll continue to investigate more on this issue to see if I can get it working for all redfin users.

For the time being, everything works, besides that.

Hope you may enjoy this.

Many thanks to @andybones for testing, providing logcats and for his patience.

Cheers!
      Yeah...took me 2 months around this (since I first began to try and implement cool stuff) but, in the end, I think it's a really cool feature for stock ROMs.

The beauty of being a Magisk module that makes everything work "systemlessly" is speechless, IMO.

May you all enjoy this as much as I am.

Cheers!
      Hello!

Cheers and enjoy!
      OP has been updated!

New "exclusive features" added:

• "Disco Dingo the QS" (just a funny name for the option to apply random colors on QS toggles)
      • Lock Screen Camera Shortcut (enable/disable)
      • Status bar reduce height (and option to correct left padding on devices with the notch on the left)
      • Status bar quick QS pulldown (Never, Right pulldown, Left pulldown, Always)

Hope you may enjoy these new features.

Remember, these features needs both "Addon features V10" and "SystemUI V5" modules to be flashed.

Cheers!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone