Themes / Apps / Mods [mod/magisk/root] VoLTE enabler

Search This thread

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I had already posted this somewhere inside a thread but many people still keep asking the same question.
Attached is a simple Magisk module to enable VoLTE if it is not enabled for your country/carrier.

I don't guarantee that it will work for everybody ... it did work for me though ...

Of course you must be rooted and have Magisk.

Just install attached module in Magisk, then reboot.

The mod has properties for 5G and VoWifi ... BUT absolutely no guarantee here!!!
I do not have 5G and I do not have VoWIFI ... so I cannot even test if these properties do anything or not.

How to check if this is working?
BEFORE installing the module, go to dialer, type *#*#4636#*#*
Select: Phone info, you will see a screen like the screenshot attached below.
Check the line called: 'VoLTE-registration', if the radio button if OFF, you do NOT have VoLTE.

Now install the module, reboot and check the same screen again. If all is well, the radio button for VoLTE-registration should now be ON.

Finally, go to the dialer, dial your voice mail. Your data icon the the statusbar should still be LTE(+)/4G(+). If that is the case you now have VoLTE.

If it does not work for you ... bad luck ... just un-install the module in Magisk.

Attachments

• volte.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 4,574
  • Screenshot_20211209-083413.png
    Screenshot_20211209-083413.png
    183.2 KB · Views: 1,639
Last edited:

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hey man, thanks for posting this.

Hmm so I have "VoLTE Provisioned" rather than "registration", which is toggled on but greyed out (like Wi-Fi Calling - which definitely does work and is supported by my UK EE carrier).

So in theory, based off these settings, perhaps VoLTE should work given the setting looks the same as WiFi Calling and is supported by my carrier, but I don't see HD calling work (this is without this module...)

After installing this module, what I did notice change in the *#*'4636*#*# menu is "Video Calling Provisoned) became toggled on, but also remained greyed out but weirdly when making a call my signal dropped to saying "3G" and "H", with no VoLTE being activated. Removing the module made calls return back to 4G calls, still with no indication of VoLTE.

Posting my experience nonetheless!

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Benjamin B C H

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hey man, thanks for posting this.

Hmm so I have "VoLTE Provisioned" rather than "registration", which is toggled on but greyed out (like Wi-Fi Calling - which definitely does work and is supported by my UK EE carrier).

So in theory, based off these settings, perhaps VoLTE should work given the setting looks the same as WiFi Calling and is supported by my carrier, but I don't see HD calling work (this is without this module...)

After installing this module, what I did notice change in the *#*'4636*#*# menu is "Video Calling Provisoned) became toggled on, but also remained greyed out but weirdly when making a call my signal dropped to saying "3G" and "H", with no VoLTE being activated. Removing the module made calls return back to 4G calls, still with no indication of VoLTE.

Posting my experience nonetheless!

Thanks
What do mean precisely with "indication of VoLTE"? There is no icon that pops up when you have VoLTE (as opposed to for example OnePlus phones which show a "VoLTE" icon in the status bar).
HD calling is something different - AFAIK nothing to do with VoLTE.

It is normal that you cannot toggle the buttons - similar as in my case.

If during calling, your data remains on 4G then actually there was no need to install this module ;-)

In my case:
- before module installed: VoLTE registration was OFF, during calling data icon changed 4G -> H
- after module installed: VoLTE registration was ON, during calling data icon remained 4G (and I actually verified I still had same mobile internet speeds during not calling)

Reactions: itamargs

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
What do mean precisely with "indication of VoLTE"? There is no icon that pops up when you have VoLTE (as opposed to for example OnePlus phones which show a "VoLTE" icon in the status bar).
HD calling is something different - AFAIK nothing to do with VoLTE.

It is normal that you cannot toggle the buttons - similar as in my case.

If during calling, your data remains on 4G then actually there was no need to install this module ;-)

Ah, my presumption by "indication" was either a status bar icon or perhaps something on the dialler screen e.g. with Wifi Calling I see the WiFi icon next to the contacts name in my call history.

Wasn't aware about 4G being on and VoLTE - so that's something new!

But also upon checking my call history properly just now I see some calls actually do have not only a WiFi icon but also "HD" next to them (see attached screenshot) so indeed I perhaps didn't need this module!

I guess I've been wrongly looking out for a HD sign on the dialler screen during a call to indicate VoLTE....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211209-131127.png
    Screenshot_20211209-131127.png
    182.9 KB · Views: 491

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
Most of those properties are persistent properties. You just set them once with "setprop persist.blahblahblah whatevervalue" and they'll stick through a reboot.

There is definitely no need for a "magisk module" for this.

Only these 4 are non-persistent properties, and from what I can tell, they're all bogus.
ril.subscription.types=RUIM
ro.nubia.nr.support=1
ro.telephony.default_cdma_sub=0
ro.vendor.radio.5g=3

The "5g" ones are probably not advisable. For everything else, it would be nice to know what they actually do before trying them out.

Reactions: Utini

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
AFAIK the HD (high definition) icon has in principle nothing to do with VoLTE (voice over LTE).
It is a voice codec with better quality as it suppresses background noise.
However, I believe (although I'm not 100% sure) that the HD codec is only avaible when you do VoLTE calls.
And it will only show if the caller also has VoLTE/HD and in certain network areas.

So technically it is possible to have non-HD-voice on VoLTE, although most of the time they will go together.
And the other way round, it is technically possible to have HD calls when you're not on VoLTE.

That is my understanding ... but I'm certainly not an expert in this and could as well be wrong ;-)

When a VoLTE UE originates a voice call from LTE, it executes the normal mobile origination procedure as defined in 3GPP TS 23.228 [5] section 5.6.2. The VoLTE UE initiates a SIP INVITE request, containing the SDP offer with IMS media capabilities as specified in GSMA PRD IR.92 [54] section 3. The SDP offer shall contain the AMR Narrowband codec, and it is recommended that the AMR Wideband codec is included to provide support for HD Voice and shall indicate that local preconditions for QoS are desired but not yet met, using the segmented status type (as defined in RFC 3312 [70]) and that the media stream is set to inactive as described in 3GPP TS 24.229 ([9]) clause 6.1.2

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Most of those properties are persistent properties. You just set them once with "setprop persist.blahblahblah whatevervalue" and they'll stick through a reboot.

There is definitely no need for a "magisk module" for this.

Only these 4 are non-persistent properties, and from what I can tell, they're all bogus.
ro.nubia.nr.support=1
ro.vendor.radio.5g=3

The "5g" ones are probably not advisable. For everything else, it would be nice to know what they actually do before trying them out.
Nope .. Magisk uses resetprop ... when you remove the Magisk module the properties are gone, even those that were persisted. So it has nothing to do with sticking or not.

Last edited:

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
I'm not a fan of people throwing Magisk modules at this phone and seeing what sticks. Seeing far too many threads like that.

It's not a Qualcomm phone and should stop being treated like one.

• Haha
Reactions: Mrcactuseater

cultofluna

Nov 25, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I had already posted this somewhere inside a thread but many people still keep asking the same question.
Attached is a simple Magisk module to enable VoLTE if it is not enabled for your country/carrier.

I don't guarantee that it will work for everybody ... it did work for me though ...

The mod has properties for 5G and VoWifi ... BUT absolutely no guarantee here!!!
I do not have 5G and I do not have VoWIFI ... so I cannot even test if these properties do anything or not.

Check the line called: 'VoLTE-registration', if the radio button if OFF, you do NOT have VoLTE.

Now install the module, reboot and check the same screen again. If all is well, the radio button for VoLTE-registration should now be ON.

Finally, go to the dialer, dial your voice mail. Your data icon the the statusbar should still be LTE(+)/4G(+). If that is the case you now have VoLTE.

If it does not work for you ... bad luck ... just un-install the module in Magisk.
Still no volte after flashing the module

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211209-204126.png
    Screenshot_20211209-204126.png
    975.2 KB · Views: 415
  • Screenshot_20211209-204120~2.png
    Screenshot_20211209-204120~2.png
    690.8 KB · Views: 418

Anonshe

Aug 11, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
AFAIK the HD (high definition) icon has in principle nothing to do with VoLTE (voice over LTE).
It is a voice codec with better quality as it suppresses background noise.
However, I believe (although I'm not 100% sure) that the HD codec is only avaible when you do VoLTE calls.
And it will only show if the caller also has VoLTE/HD and in certain network areas.

So technically it is possible to have non-HD-voice on VoLTE, although most of the time they will go together.
And the other way round, it is technically possible to have HD calls when you're not on VoLTE.

That is my understanding ... but I'm certainly not an expert in this and could as well be wrong ;-)

In many parts of Europe, HD calling works without VoLTE but in most parts of the world, HD Calling goes hand-in-hand with VoLTE i.e the HD icon in Dialer represents if the call went through 4G or 3/2G.

In those countries, no VoLTE = no HD calling = no calls over 4G = potential inability to use data while on a call.

The Magisk module like most others just enables the props i.e. It exposes the switches and will work only if the carrier configs are on the device. Without the right configs, the module is a placeholder.

Reactions: Utini

Utini

Dec 25, 2010
www.whymacsucks.com
www.whymacsucks.com
Nope. Those were only applicable for Qualcomm modem.

Pixel 6 Pro is using Samsung modem. The module is enough.

I get mine successfully activated

Can you tell me in which country you are and somehow post a proof that the module works? :eek:
If I am correct then the module basically only changes the following things in the android system?

persist.data.iwlan=1
persist.data.iwlan.enable=true
persist.data.iwlan.ipsec.ap=1
persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1
persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1
persist.nubia.5g.power.config=1
persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1
persist.radio.data_con_rprt=1
persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
persist.radio.dynamic_sar=false
persist.radio.force_on_dc=true
persist.radio.NO_STAPA=1
persist.radio.rat_on=combine
persist.radio.VT_HYBRID_ENABLE=1
persist.rcs.supported=0
persist.sys.strictmode.disable=true
persist.vendor.dpm.feature=1
persist.vendor.radio.5g=1
persist.vendor.radio.5g_mode_pref_0=1
persist.vendor.radio.5g_mode_pref=1
persist.vendor.radio.5g_mode_pref_1=1
persist.vendor.radio.calls.on.ims=1
persist.vendor.radio.data_con_rprt=1
persist.vendor.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
persist.vendor.radio.enable_temp_dds=true
persist.vendor.radio.force_ltd_sys_ind=1
persist.vendor.radio.force_on_dc=true
persist.vendor.radio.manual_nw_rej_ct=1
persist.vendor.radio.mbn_load_flag=3
persist.vendor.radio.mbn_wait_s=60
persist.vendor.radio.redir_party_num=1
ro.nubia.nr.support=1
ro.vendor.radio.5g=3

Is there any way to read my "current values" and export them into a file (e.g. cat system.prop > backup.prop) to restore my values in case the module breaks something?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thought some of you might find this article (and Google's response) interesting...

i found file name cfg.db in

/system/vendor/firmware/carrierconfig

and it contain data of carrier which are all of listed countries support but no unlisted there. so my guess is this the one we need to add our carrier details from unlisted support countries to make our 5g works?

as of our qualcom previous pixel we need to modify carrier policy in system/vendor/rfs/msm/mpss/readonly/vendor/mbn/mcfg_sw/generic/Pixel

but in pixel 6 pro the file is different, any thoughts?
    I took a look at cfg.db. It contains a "confmap" table which lists supported carriers. Each carrier has its "confman" table which has info about "confseqs" files (confseqs folder in /carrierconfig). Unfortunately I have no idea how to decode those files :/

Idk, maybe it could be possible to edit that confmap database so it can point to any carrier which has same 5G parameters as each unsupported carrier, but idk..
    Can confirm that this module works and enabled VoLTE (still 4G data while in call) nad VoWifi (airplane mode on and made a call with wifi on ) in my case. Poland , Plus carrier.
    Not sure about 5G cos not in 5G area now..

Edit: no 5G but it's carrier dependant I believe
    i dont know how google is getting away with this and how no tech blogger/vlogger will talk about how a phone in 2021 doesnt support the most basic phone things thanks to google