[MOD]MagiskModule - VoLTE & VoWifi & 5G in unsupported countries | Pixel 4a 5G & 5 & 5a

Search This thread

Vortuks

Jul 13, 2014
Hi,

I was looking through the methods used in Android, probably I would need more time to verify things.
Main problem is that I would need to download whole Android code in order to verify those things.
Can't do anything right now.

Jeroen1000

Jul 26, 2012
@Vortuks WiFi calling is not wokring for me. I flashed an mbn from a Oneplus phone before and that worked. Can you integrate this? Also how can I see whether VoLTE is working. Is it supposed to show on my status bar?
At any rate 4G does not drop when I am calling so it should be working I assume. I just do not get any visual indicator.

Last edited:
Hi sir @Vortuks. I installed this module through magisk in my pixel 4a 5g running on the latest pixel experience rom. Before installing the module, I check it and the module had my service provider's mbn file (service provider: maxis, country:Malaysia) . However, after installing the module the ims status is still not registered and VOLTE is not available too. The toggles of VOLTE and VOWIFI is present but not working. Is there any fixes because my call quality is really bad without VOLTE. Thanks in advance sir.

Reactions: hawjiang5349

Anonshe

Aug 11, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
@Vortuks WiFi calling is not wokring for me. I flashed an mbn from a Oneplus phone before and that worked. Can you integrate this? Also how can I see whether VoLTE is working. Is it supposed to show on my status bar?
At any rate 4G does not drop when I am calling so it should be working I assume. I just do not get any visual indicator.
That's an indication it is working. Alternatively, dial
Code:
*#*#4636#*#*
and click the three buttons on the top right. It'll show "IMS Registered" and "Voice over LTE: Available".

Anonshe

Aug 11, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi sir @Vortuks. I installed this module through magisk in my pixel 4a 5g running on the latest pixel experience rom. Before installing the module, I check it and the module had my service provider's mbn file (service provider: maxis, country:Malaysia) . However, after installing the module the ims status is still not registered and VOLTE is not available too. The toggles of VOLTE and VOWIFI is present but not working. Is there any fixes because my call quality is really bad without VOLTE. Thanks in advance sir.
Try loading the MBNs manually via Efstools and test it out.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
That's an indication it is working. Alternatively, dial
Code:
*#*#4636#*#*
and click the three buttons on the top right. It'll show "IMS Registered" and "Voice over LTE: Available".
Not quite...

Dial *#*#4636#*#*, select Phone Information.

Under Mobile Radio Power, you should see "VoLTE Provisioned" on.
Screenshot_20230329-124643~2.png

Select the More ... at top right > IMS Service Status, you'll get this:
Screenshot_20230329-125200.png

Jeroen1000

Jul 26, 2012
@V0latyle it's VoWiFi I can't get working anymore. It worked on me Oneplus 7T so maybe google is blocking it somehow.

Does EFStools 1.4 recognize your Pixel?

Last edited:

Anonshe

Aug 11, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
@V0latyle it's VoWiFi I can't get working anymore. It worked on me Oneplus 7T so maybe google is blocking it somehow.

Does EFStools 1.4 recognize your Pixel?
Just use another mbn. You don't need to necessarily use your carrier's mbn, try another carrier's from your country or partner carriers globally.

Efstools 1.4 works just fine and I've been using it for more than two years on the P5.

mightyvenom

Jul 7, 2011
Hi @Vortuks, I just noticed that on the latest QPR3 Beta 3 released yesterday my carrier settings version got updated to "
orange_ro-44000000001.47
2023-03-24" from the previous generic one. However, IMS is still not registered and VoLTE provisioned is still off. I am completely stock, unrooted and I am not using your module.

What do you think about this? Can you have a look, maybe we can achieve something without rooting the phone?

It would be great news if Google adds native IMS support for Pixel 5 and thus rooted will not be necessary.

Thanks
Screenshot_20230421-090202.png

Zamferio

Mar 16, 2017

Introduction​

I would like to share a magisk module, which:
- enables 5G,
- enables VoLTE,
- enables VoWiFi,
- loads MBNs properly after loosing connection with network provider,
- does not enforce 5G.

Module is created by me, latest release always in first post.

How to install​

1.) Download latest release from attachments or GitHub
2.) Flash in Magisk
3.) Reboot & Enjoy

Supported phones​

This module should work on:
- Pixel 5
- Pixel 5a
- Pixel 4a 5G
- other phones with Snapdragon 765g(not tested)

Other details & screenshots​

Verified/Works on:
- Orange Poland - @me
- Orange Romania @mightyvenom
- T-Mobile Poland @inzaghi89
- Altan Mexico @tuespazio
- Telcel Mexico @tuespazio
- Movistar Mexico @tuespazio
- Proximus Belgium @omlet

Changelog:

GitHub:

Big thanks to @mightyvenom for testing this module ;)

Introduction​

- enables 5G,
- enables VoLTE,
- enables VoWiFi,
- does not enforce 5G.

How to install​

2.) Flash in Magisk
3.) Reboot & Enjoy

Supported phones​

- Pixel 5
- Pixel 5a
- Pixel 4a 5G

Verified/Works on:
- Orange Poland - @me

Changelog:

GitHub:

View attachment 5824849
View attachment 5824851
Work for pixel 2,if work how to change the mbn,i already my country mbn

fizspc

May 1, 2023
Sorry guys, I am very new at this stuff, i have installed Magisk and downloaded pixel5.zip file, but i cannot open it with Magisk. Maybe there is some tutorial how to install that zip file?

bernysk

Nov 16, 2015
Thank you, stanislawrogasik, finally got working 5G and VoWifi on my Pixel 4a (5G) in Slovakia - carrier O2 / Radost!

for anyone else trying, here is what I did in summary - I had to unlock bootloader (command fastboot flashing unlock) and then patch ROM with Magisk and flash with full wipe.
backup everything! you can brick your phone - have a backup phone
download Pixelflasher, install original usb drivers from google, download original rom from google, in my case bramble-t3b3.230413.006-factory-17d94e87.zip , platform-tools_r33.0.3-windows (there are issues with v 34),
enable developer mode in android by tapping buld number multiple times in "about phone" settings, and enable usb debugging, oem unlocking in developer settings under system settings
first unlock the bootloader in fastboot mode with the command from platform tools - fastboot flashing unlock, connect phone via usb, and allow computer in usb debugging on the screen. then in pixelflasher scan and select the device, load the ROM - phone factory image, process it and patch it (adds magisk to rom), select the patched rom - boot.img, select wipe all data and flash pixel phone, wait
after installing the rom and first setup, open Magisk - it will require reboot on first startup - after reboot, in Magisk - Modules, install downloaded ZIP from github - stanislawrogasik/Pixel5-VoLTE-VoWiFi, after reboot 5G should be working and enable wifi calling in sim settings

your bootloader is now unlocked which is less secure and contactless payments do not work out of the box, some banking apps have issues with rooted phones

I installed module kdrag0n/safetynet-fix to allow contactless payments, in Magisk settings I had to enable Zygisk and enforce denylist, in denylist I put all my mobile banking apps and all android / system / OS apps

do not relock the bootloader if you have patched the rom, only relock with stock rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Introduction​

- enables 5G,
    - enables VoLTE,
    - enables VoWiFi,
    - does not enforce 5G.

How to install​

2.) Flash in Magisk
    3.) Reboot & Enjoy

Supported phones​

- Pixel 5
    - Pixel 5a
    - Pixel 4a 5G

More supported phones - request for adding network provider​

If you want me to add another MBN/MCFG to the config, I need from you those details:
    - your current phone,
    - your network provider(s),
    - supported phone by your network provider with Snapdragon 765G.
    You can take a look here: https://www.kimovil.com/pl/lista-telefony-za-procesor-grupa/snapdragon-765
    Based on that, I can take a look into files from phone and add them.

Verified/Works on:
    - Orange Poland - @me

Changelog:

GitHub:

1675209109611.png

1675209117563.png
    Letting you know, that I'm working on adding more MBNs to the module.
    When I've added more MBN's, there's a problem with filenames(they can't be lowercase it seems)
    WIP, soon I'll post version 1.01(more MBNs)
    What is interesting for me is that on your module VoWifi works for me. On Zhao AFAIR it doesn't. Also video calling which is not supported shows that it works xd.

Good job!
    I've used completly different MBN files for Poland and worldwide - maybe that's the case? MBNs used by me are more recent and up-to-date :p

Also, my goal was to make it work constantly - during tests it sometimes dropped VoWiFi/VoLTE and never came back. I had to restart phone in order to make it work
    Thank you for your great work!
    Is there any chance you could port or contribute to this project, for us locked bootloader mortals??

It would be incredible,

Cheers
    Do as far as I understand, now it's not needed to use any external tools and do anything else except load module into magisk?!

Will try tomorrow. ATM I'm using mobile from zhao

Edit
    Ok, I've checked what you're made and it's just do what it should do ;). Just work. I can confirm on TMobile (Poland).

Just curious about what you wrote on GitHub about updates google Play. You mean security system updates? I've same issue and it doesn't matter that you've disabled all magisk modules. When you enable them back (or only one) the update has been reverted. It's needed to unroot, then update and root again.

I've tried even with uninstalling all modules and after succesfull update installing them again - result is always the same. So I don't think that issue with updates is related to yours module ;)