[MOD] MiniCM9 Make It Faster Mod V03 (10-6-2012) [STOPPED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Due to to many trolls and haters, I am temporarily stopping development. I may ask the MOD's to lock this thread and unlock it if I have a new update (IF). If there is an update, I will post it but don't expect me to make 2 or 3 new updates just for one version of MiniCM9. I am sorry but I have played along nicely for almost a month now but apparently common courtesy isn't in many XDA members dictionary(Hate PM's, threats...). Goodbye and thank you to those who have sincerly liked and supported this project.

As most of you know, roobeyn has bought a new phone and has moved on from the X8/X10 Mini scene. I'm here to continue his work 'cuz nAa has released a new update and many apps (such as the Theme Chooser) need to be updated :). Plus, I have my own brand of tweaks to speed up the system ;). Lets continue his Legacy. The original goal for this MOD was to enable MORE FREE RAM, BETTER BATTERY LIIFE AND LESS LAG/BETTER APP OPTIMIZATION. My goals (add-ons) are to provide tweaks and fixes to make the still infant ICS's drawbacks bearable :). Lets get to work, shall we ?

Old/original thread

Improvements made from the old version

1. Removed reloaded ICS Statusbar (you can download it yourself if you really need it)
  2. Added support for theme engine
  3. Init.d tweaks proven to work
  4. Added my Audio Fix
  5. More in the future...

Dowloads :

MIFM V03

Requirements :

1. An X8 (LOL)
2. Unlocked bootloader running nAa's ICS kernel
3. Running MiniCM9 3.0.2 (not sure about IScreamDX)

Installation :

1. Download the file
2. Put it in your SD Card
3. MAKE A BACKUP
4. Flash the zip
5. Hope for the best

What does this MOD actually do ?

As quoted by roobeyn himself

It has apps customized to mdpi/ldpi devices(smaller pics and so on), if im right the current apps that is following with the ROM is just ported directly from other stronger devices which make the apps take more performance because they are customized for stonger phones

What my add-ons have done ; Init.d tweaks for better performance, Audio Fix to diminish the distorted sound our ICS roms have

Credits :

roobeyn and faiyyaz for the original MOD :)

Notice :

1. Only use this MOD with MiniCM9 3.0.2 and above. If you're running anything below that, please use the MOD provided in the original thread

2. I am not hijacking roobeyn's contribution to the X8/X10 Mini community. I am continuing his legacy since he's no longer with us and because nAa will continue to release updates for his ROM.

3. I am not an expert in this. I have PM'ed roobeyn to teach me how he optimized the apps. I will try my best to make this MOD more efficient :)

4. If you dont like this mod or feel it does nothing, don't spam the thread ;) simple logic.

Last edited:

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
#CHANGELOG#

V03 - 10/6/2012

-Updated ALL the system/apps to the latest MiniCM 9 3.0.2 :) should resolve any problems due to outdated apps

V02c - 31/5/2012

-Removed Phone.apk
-Removed Contacts.apk
-Removed ContactsProvider.apk
-Removed Torch.apk

WARNING : Before flashing V02c, please reflash MiniCM 9 3.0.2.zip and THEN the MOD. If you don't, have fun using MiniCM9 without the Phone or Contacts feature ;)

V02b - 30/5/2012

-Reverted back to roobeyn's original Phone.apk to solve issues when receiving a call

V02 - 29/5/2012

-Added battery saving scripts
-Added missing apps from the new MiniCM 3.0.2 Update
-Reverted back to the original MiniCM 3.0.2 Phone.apk and Contacts.apk
-Tweaked the init.d scpirts
-Tweaked the Audio sound fix libs

V01 - 27/5/2012

- Initial release
- Added support for theme engine for the latest MiniCM9 3.0.2
- Added a few inid.d modifications for better performance
- Added my MiniCM9 Audio Fix

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to to many trolls and haters, I am temporarily stopping development. I may ask the MOD's to lock this thread and unlock it if I have a new update (IF). If there is an update, I will post it but don't expect me to make 2 or 3 new updates just for one version of MiniCM9. I am sorry but I have played along nicely for almost a month now but apparently common courtesy isn't in many XDA members dictionary(Hate PM's, threats...). Goodbye and thank you to those who have sincerly liked and supported this project.

As most of you know, roobeyn has bought a new phone and has moved on from the X8/X10 Mini scene. I'm here to continue his work 'cuz nAa has released a new update and many apps (such as the Theme Chooser) need to be updated :). Plus, I have my own brand of tweaks to speed up the system ;). Lets continue his Legacy. The original goal for this MOD was to enable MORE FREE RAM, BETTER BATTERY LIIFE AND LESS LAG/BETTER APP OPTIMIZATION. My goals (add-ons) are to provide tweaks and fixes to make the still infant ICS's drawbacks bearable :). Lets get to work, shall we ?

Old/original thread

Improvements made from the old version

1. Removed reloaded ICS Statusbar (you can download it yourself if you really need it)
    2. Added support for theme engine
    3. Init.d tweaks proven to work
    4. Added my Audio Fix
    5. More in the future...

Dowloads :

MIFM V03

Requirements :

1. An X8 (LOL)
    2. Unlocked bootloader running nAa's ICS kernel
    3. Running MiniCM9 3.0.2 (not sure about IScreamDX)

Installation :

1. Download the file
    2. Put it in your SD Card
    3. MAKE A BACKUP
    4. Flash the zip
    5. Hope for the best

What does this MOD actually do ?

As quoted by roobeyn himself

It has apps customized to mdpi/ldpi devices(smaller pics and so on), if im right the current apps that is following with the ROM is just ported directly from other stronger devices which make the apps take more performance because they are customized for stonger phones

What my add-ons have done ; Init.d tweaks for better performance, Audio Fix to diminish the distorted sound our ICS roms have

Credits :

roobeyn and faiyyaz for the original MOD :)

Notice :

1. Only use this MOD with MiniCM9 3.0.2 and above. If you're running anything below that, please use the MOD provided in the original thread

2. I am not hijacking roobeyn's contribution to the X8/X10 Mini community. I am continuing his legacy since he's no longer with us and because nAa will continue to release updates for his ROM.

3. I am not an expert in this. I have PM'ed roobeyn to teach me how he optimized the apps. I will try my best to make this MOD more efficient :)

4. If you dont like this mod or feel it does nothing, don't spam the thread ;) simple logic.
    #CHANGELOG#

V03 - 10/6/2012

-Updated ALL the system/apps to the latest MiniCM 9 3.0.2 :) should resolve any problems due to outdated apps

V02c - 31/5/2012

-Removed Phone.apk
    -Removed Contacts.apk
    -Removed ContactsProvider.apk
    -Removed Torch.apk

WARNING : Before flashing V02c, please reflash MiniCM 9 3.0.2.zip and THEN the MOD. If you don't, have fun using MiniCM9 without the Phone or Contacts feature ;)

V02b - 30/5/2012

-Reverted back to roobeyn's original Phone.apk to solve issues when receiving a call

V02 - 29/5/2012

-Added battery saving scripts
    -Added missing apps from the new MiniCM 3.0.2 Update
    -Reverted back to the original MiniCM 3.0.2 Phone.apk and Contacts.apk
    -Tweaked the init.d scpirts
    -Tweaked the Audio sound fix libs

V01 - 27/5/2012

- Initial release
    - Added support for theme engine for the latest MiniCM9 3.0.2
    - Added a few inid.d modifications for better performance
    - Added my MiniCM9 Audio Fix
    Thread cleaned.

Proceed on topic! Non-constructive posts that cause the discussion to derail will be deleted
    and for repeating offenders further sanctions will apply.

Thanks for your cooperation!
    Thanks. There will be an update but not as frequent as it was in the past. I would have stop development altogether but its people like you who really like my work that's stopping me from doing so. Anyway, we'll see. Chao.
    Links temporarily removed due to SystemUI errors...uploading a new version right away :eek:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone