• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][MIUI] - NEW 07/29 - Carrier name fix - CWM Flashable

Search This thread

BlackDino

Sep 11, 2010
Hey Guys,
Here is a little flashable file for anyone experiencing issues with your carrier names just showing up as numbers.

This issue will hopefully be fixed with later versions of MIUI but for now this is a quick easy fix.

Thanks to silverbullet1013 for the spn-conf.xml file

Update - 07/29 -
Should now work on MIUI and CM7 (maybe?)

Attachments

• bd-carrier-name-correction-07-29.zip
    160.2 KB · Views: 1,429
Last edited:

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
lmao, k.. um.. well.. damn it cm7
I will probably need to flash cm7 and start playing with different configurations to get it to work

I am currently trying to play with this. So far no luck. I even tried to replace the exisiting spn-conf.xml in insanity to yours. It replaced fine but i don't think its even looking at that file. it only looks at apn-conf.xml and that has the carrier name as bell but only displays the number. no idea why.

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
lmao, k.. um.. well.. damn it cm7
I will probably need to flash cm7 and start playing with different configurations to get it to work

Hey BlackDino,
i am a little confused. your latest zip file has this

mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/by-name/system", "/system");

but i don't see a system folder or file in by-name. My understanding is this runProgram script is going run the file/copy the file from by-name/system to /system? but i see no file in it. Anyway, i could be totally wrong here but thought i should let you know.

BlackDino

Sep 11, 2010
I am currently trying to play with this. So far no luck. I even tried to replace the exisiting spn-conf.xml in insanity to yours. It replaced fine but i don't think its even looking at that file. it only looks at apn-conf.xml and that has the carrier name as bell but only displays the number. no idea why.

Are you talking about cm7? If so pm me the apn-conf.XML although I doubt that file is the carrier name.
I will download the cm7 files tonight and have a look through to see what I can find

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,
    Here is a little flashable file for anyone experiencing issues with your carrier names just showing up as numbers.

This issue will hopefully be fixed with later versions of MIUI but for now this is a quick easy fix.

Thanks to silverbullet1013 for the spn-conf.xml file

Update - 07/29 -
    Should now work on MIUI and CM7 (maybe?)