• choose install zip from sd card
  • navigate to where you downloaded touchpad.zip
  • flash
  • clear dalvik cache again
  • reboot

multitouch

http://www.multiupload.com/C46J189S34

now i didnt invent this.

i just remember it being brought to the attention on an atrix forum a long time ago

whoever initially figured this out

thank you

Attachments

itsallsubliminal

Nov 20, 2007
Ok thanks but can someone explain what multi touch is? Sorry for the noob question.

Sent from my unlocked rooted Mopho!
the digitizer(senser in the screen of your phone) can recognize up to 8fingers at once with this mod... really good for current/future games that require 2+ fingers to be used on the screen at once (games with joysticks and buttons).. when you have only 2 touchpoints maximum, if a 3rd finger slips on the screen, it would throw things off and screw ya up.

hope that helps alil

Reactions: bricky23

itsallsubliminal

Nov 20, 2007
Just curious but why on earth would you even need 8 points at the same time?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using xda premium

nothing quite yet, but i think this would come in handy if an advanced multi-touch keyboard was ever developed...

EDIT: i take that back... advanced mutitouch keyboard would be more practical for a tablet

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
Just curious but why on earth would you even need 8 points at the same time?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using xda premium
not really practical but Motorola locking it down to 2 is ridiculous. They gimped the phone by doing that. Some games work better, like, fruit ninja.

ORam78

Nov 13, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
not really practical but Motorola locking it down to 2 is ridiculous. They gimped the phone by doing that. Some games work better, like, fruit ninja.
I agree but 5 point would be sufficient. Btw, how can this be done without being unlocked. I know the milestone could do this and all that was needed was root...

Sent from my MoPho using XDA Premium.

kgbcapthowdy

Jun 16, 2008
is there a way to obtian this without unlocking bootloader? i have and can unlock the bootloader but i dont really want to if there is another way. thanks