[Mod] Music Mod 1.8 07/18/10 Froyo only for now

prophetjinn

Nov 3, 2009
Pushed it into /system/app?
Yup!
(Nandroid of course, and reboot after push.)
In the Froyo release, normal Music.apk is called MusicGoogle.apk, there's also an odex in /system/app i had to get rid of. (MusicGoogle.odex)

Code:
adb remount
adb push Music.apk /system/app/MusicGoogle.apk
That will replace the default, you can also push to Music.apk if you want to keep it. If you DO replace it, you have to remove the odex file, i used root explorer but you can do it via adb or term i guess. =P

Last edited:

JayBomb999

Jan 10, 2010
I really love this mod. Simple and elegant. I am having an issue with with fast scrolling however.

When using the quick scroll tab to navigate artists, albums, etc, the displayed letter does not seem to correspond with my place in the list. Also, the letters do not seem to scroll alphabetically. They appear random. (some are capitalized, others not). Am I missing something?

Randel77

Oct 30, 2007
I'm using 2.2 and flashed the update zip. I have the widgets now but the player still looks stock. Do I have to do the adb thing? Thanks in advanced.:)

cacheinjection

Jul 12, 2009
wow this app is sick!! great update :) it would would be great if you can mock the gingerbread music app :)
Ewwwwwwww, thats so ugly, y would you want that ha ha, but seriously yeah, i can make it an ption.

I'm using 2.2 and flashed the update zip. I have the widgets now but the player still looks stock. Do I have to do the adb thing? Thanks in advanced.:)
You need to remove GoogleMusic.apk and GoogleMusic.odex from /system/app/

I really love this mod. Simple and elegant. I am having an issue with with fast scrolling however.

When using the quick scroll tab to navigate artists, albums, etc, the displayed letter does not seem to correspond with my place in the list. Also, the letters do not seem to scroll alphabetically. They appear random. (some are capitalized, others not). Am I missing something?

Eliot

sikkhim

Feb 26, 2010

Got this problem too. I'm using CM 5.0.7.1