[MOD] Navbar Gone

Search This thread

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
I've had several requests for getting rid of the navbar. Immersive is great but doesn't totally get rid of it. This seems to work or at least I've had no complaints.. Boot into TWRP and flash. I don't have this phone so this has not been tested.

Thanks to @THEbigSWEEN for the system files.

8.0 Navbar gone Sept
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579490797

8.0 NavBar Gone November
Edit: I have an experimental adb method of install but root is still necessary.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620768132

Mods for those that have flashed NavBar Gone November
Make sure you download it and flash it again. It was updated on Nov 23rd.

Center Clock
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579494446

------------------------------------------------
Pixel 8.1 NavBar gone dp1
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617948717

Pixel 8.1 NavBar gone dp2
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291691579

Pixel 2 XL 8.1 FINAL TWRP flashable
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620770711

With center clock
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329065868

-------------------------------------------

8.1 FINAL ADB TulsadiverModsInstaller (includes Navbar Gone)
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620771344

Installation instructions for 8.1 Final ADB method.

1. Download the TulsadiverModsInstaller.zip above. Unzip it on your c:drive on your PC so that it reads like c:\TulsadiverModsInstaller and all the folders just inside it like this but no .zip of course.
Screenshot_20171207-180231.jpg
Plug your phone into the PC. Run the TulsadiverModsInstaller.bat. First thing you must do is install the Base, selection one. After that you can choose whatever else you want. When done, select reboot. You will be prompted to give adb superuser rights. You need install base just once. It will create a ozopstock restore zip on your sdcard. That will be your stock restore zip. If you ever flash base again that will be replaced so keep that in mind. I don't have this phone but this worked on my Nexus 5X on 8.1 final.

If this doesn't seem to change anything when installed, with root explorer, go to data/local on your phone's root drive, if BusyBox is there make sure it has 755 permission. If it is not there, take it from the installer zip and put it there. Give it 755 permission and try again.

Attachments

• vrthemeADBversion.zip
    632.8 KB · Views: 91
  • readme.txt
    587 bytes · Views: 141
  • ModInstaller.zip
    256 bytes · Views: 89
Last edited:

THEbigSWEEN

Mar 5, 2012
@THEbigSWEEN here is a stab at your NavBar gone with center clock w/seconds. Let me know if it isn't right.

Awesome! That was quick! I'll try it out as soon as I get home from work and report back.

Also JUST realized, I didn't think about it earlier, but I'm currently on the 8.1 developer preview / beta program. Not sure if that will affect the mods or not. If there are any issues, I was already planning on reverting back to 8.0, so I can pull the necessary files again if the current ones cause any issues. Just wanted to make you aware as I just thought about that.

Thanks again for helping make our devices that much better!!

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Awesome! That was quick! I'll try it out as soon as I get home from work and report back.

Also JUST realized, I didn't think about it earlier, but I'm currently on the 8.1 developer preview / beta program. Not sure if that will affect the mods or not. If there are any issues, I was already planning on reverting back to 8.0, so I can pull the necessary files again if the current ones cause any issues. Just wanted to make you aware as I just thought about that.

Thanks again for helping make our devices that much better!!

So what were the files you gave me? November update? I had better clarify in this post.
Yes, makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

Bogega

Nov 27, 2010
What are you guys using to navigate the phone w/o navbar? I was using Swipe Navigation app on Nougat but apparently the dev didn't update it to Oreo yet. So I'm looking for alternatives. Thanks

Reactions: slaydog

THEbigSWEEN

Mar 5, 2012
So what were the files you gave me? November update? I had better clarify in this post.
Yes, makes a huge difference.

Yeah I figured as much, I'm sorry about that. Didn't even think about it till right before I posted here. I was in another thread talking about reverting back to 8.0 when it dawned on me. The files I gave you are from 8.1 October security patch. Build opp5.170921.005.

When I get home I'll get you the 8.0 November files. Again, sorry for the mistake!

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

What are you guys using to navigate the phone w/o navbar? I was using Swipe Navigation app on Nougat but apparently the dev didn't update it to Oreo yet. So I'm looking for alternatives. Thanks

I use LMT. THREAD LINK HERE I've used it on my last several devices. Definitely would rather have the extra screen space, plus helps with some of the concerns about navigation bar burn in.

Last edited:

THEbigSWEEN

Mar 5, 2012
My mistake for not clarifying. Never occurred to me Pixel 2 XL could be on preview, not sure why, because it's so new I guess. But there will be a NavBar gone for both, which is good.

I updated a few days ago and it completely slipped my mind, when you agreed to put something together I got over excited and completely forgot about any of that :silly: I'm going to try out your 8.1 packages first to confirm that they work as intended while I'm still on the dev preview and then I'll roll back to 8.0 and send you the files once I get them uploaded.

Reactions: Tulsadiver

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
I updated a few days ago and it completely slipped my mind, when you agreed to put something together I got over excited and completely forgot about any of that :silly: I'm going to try out your 8.1 packages first to confirm that they work as intended while I'm still on the dev preview and then I'll roll back to 8.0 and send you the files once I get them uploaded.

Sounds like a great plan.

THEbigSWEEN

Mar 5, 2012
Sounds like a great plan.

So just to update, looks like there is a bit of a speed bump. Trying to boot TWRP and was stuck at the splash screen with the logo for 15+ minutes. Checked the TWRP thread and others are reporting that it hasn't been able to boot with the 8.1 preview and that the November security patch breaks it as well.

The factory images Google has are for September, so it looks like September and possibly October are the only viable options at this point. Still going to downgrade to factory images from Sept and will grab those files.

Not sure when updating if it will go straight to November's patch or will do October first? Also, if anyone has had a different outcome other than what has been reported and can successfully boot TWRP on 8.1 or Nov patch please chime in. Wondering if the patched boot.img via Magisk could have anything to do with it failing to boot? I wouldn't think it would, but then again I'm not the most knowledgeable with the technical side of these things.

Reactions: Tulsadiver

jrharvey

Apr 19, 2010
Charlotte NC
Is there a video or something showing what this mod does? Im not sure how you get around the phone without a navbar. Just curious. Sounds great but just want to know how this works.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Is there a video or something showing what this mod does? Im not sure how you get around the phone without a navbar. Just curious. Sounds great but just want to know how this works.

No video. Your NavBar is completely gone. You need to have a replacement in place like this.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1330150

This navbar remains hidden, I Believe, until you swipe up. Read up on it. I haven't tried it but a whole of people use it.

gettingerr

May 4, 2016
Annapolis

I use "Unique Controls"

Only use it for a basic pie on the right side of the device and don't utilize the options for a second layer of icons. Just back, home, and recents. Quick and snappy and I don't have any big battery drain from it.

THEbigSWEEN

Mar 5, 2012
@THEbigSWEEN, here is one for you to try...

Awesome! So far working like a charm. Consider yourself added to the list of devs I'm going to be donating to here on payday for taking my great Pixel 2XL and making it amazing! ;)

Also, thanks for taking these requests and busting them out same day. Seems like you've been on it as soon as I got you files. You're a freaking machine!

Last edited:
Reactions: eqbirvin

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone