[MOD] NEW_amibios bootanimation

Search This thread

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
Hi!

Inspired by kuklux, I created an amibios-like bootanimation from scratch...

I hope you like it!

It installs in SYSTEM:CUSTOMIZE/RESOURCE/ DIR, so it might not be compatible with all ROMs...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The file is signed zip - so install like a ROM.
DOWNLOAD for Vodafone OTA based ROMs

Last edited:

nafnist

Nov 18, 2007
Coolness mate, I'll most likely cut-n-paste some of your bling to my own bootanimation hehe

BTW, this belongs in the Legend Themes & Apps-board imo

edit- oh yeah forgot, its work well btw ;-)

Last edited:

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
Coolness mate, I'll most likely cut-n-paste some of your bling to my own bootanimation hehe
BTW, this belongs in the Legend Themes & Apps-board imo
Ohh. You're right! sorry about that...I don't know if moderators can move it, if so, please do :) Thanks

And yeah, I made this for everyone, so you can rip it, no copyrights :) I can upload the .uga from Unlead Gif Animator if anyone wants.

Last edited:

nafnist

Nov 18, 2007
I couldnt resist doing the cut-n-paste
try it mate

Attachments

• legendinside-amibios.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

krasenk

Dec 13, 2009
Sofia
Dr. Romca, just installed your boot animation on rooted stock Froyo rom and it didn't work at all.

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
Dr. Romca, just installed your boot animation on rooted stock Froyo rom and it didn't work at all.

I thought there would be ROMs with different locations of bootanimation.
Can you post a link of the ROM? Or better yet, can you tell me where the bootanimation.zip is in your ROM?
(other than in SYSTEM:customize/resource/ - that would be the one you flashed by my zip)

krasenk

Dec 13, 2009
Sofia
I thought there would be ROMs with different locations of bootanimation.
Can you post a link of the ROM? Or better yet, can you tell me where the bootanimation.zip is in your ROM?
(other than in SYSTEM:customize/resource/ - that would be the one you flashed by my zip)

In the following location /system/customize/resource I can find:
splash1_HTC_Branding_320x480.gif - which is the HTC logo and
HTC_Legend_VF_Start_ani.gif - that is the Vodafone boot animation.

Also there is a file 'bootanimation' in /system/bin but it has no file extension. :confused:

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
Hmm, seems like you might need the bootanimation from bin (ELF file that runs the boot sequence) as well..
Can you post the ROM DL link? I'd like to look at it and make another version :)

EDIT: Does THIS ONE work?

Last edited:

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
I'm currently using v.1 ofStock Froyo ROM based on Vodafone leak by whitetigerdk
Cheers!

I looked in the ROM, and there is bootanimation.zip in the system/customize/resource, so I have no idea why it doesn't work.
I'll try to port the bootanimation file from bin to this rom and see what happens...

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
So!

I ported the bootanimation ELF file from the MoDaCo r1 release to the unOfficial WWE (since it is ripped from the same OTA) and it works just fine with the bootanimation :)
I will create installable zip later today...;)

EDIT: I just compared the two "bootanimation" files and found out that they are exactly the same! Anyone any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:

krasenk

Dec 13, 2009
Sofia
So!

I ported the bootanimation ELF file from the MoDaCo r1 release to the unOfficial WWE (since it is ripped from the same OTA) and it works just fine with the bootanimation :)
I will create installable zip later today...;)

EDIT: I just compared the two "bootanimation" files and found out that they are exactly the same! Anyone any suggestions? Thanks!

Installed the latest boot animation .zip. Installed via RomManager. Still getting the Vodafone boot animation... weird :confused: Do I need to do something else before flashing the .zip?

BlaY0

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 15, 2007
Medvode
No, it is not weird! You just need to configure the right source! Check /system/customize/CID/*.xml and change bootanimation according to your needs.

And don't just assume or guess or rely on wizardry or god's will, just fire up adb logcat sometimes...

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
No, it is not weird! You just need to configure the right source! Check /system/customize/CID/*.xml and change bootanimation according to your needs.
And don't just assume or guess or rely on wizardry or god's will, just fire up adb logcat sometimes...
Good to know! Thanks! What is wierd is that I DL'd thw WWE unOfficial ROM, installed the bootanimation and it worked just fine, so krasenk must have modified the file somehow...
(ps: don't beat me up, I just started to mess up with the phone two weeks ago and I'm a win user...:eek: not even a programmer)

@ krasenk: you're looking for this:
Code:
 <BootAnimation 
          animation="/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip" />

@ BlaY0: there are some HTC and Vodafone xml's, do you know what happens if I delete them and leave only the default.xml? Thanks!

Last edited:

krasenk

Dec 13, 2009
Sofia
Good to know! Thanks! What is wierd is that I DL'd thw WWE unOfficial ROM, installed the bootanimation and it worked just fine, so krasenk must have modified the file somehow...
(ps: don't beat me up, I just started to mess up with the phone two weeks ago and I'm a win user...:eek: not even a programmer)

@ krasenk: you're looking for this:
Code:
 <BootAnimation 
          animation="/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip" />

@ BlaY0: there are some HTC and Vodafone xml's, do you know what happens if I delete them and leave only the default.xml? Thanks!

I already found what I needed. Thank you both for the hints ;) Just to mention that I haven't made any changes to the file ;)

P.S. Nice work with the boot animation :) Thanks Dr. Romca

Last edited:

BlaY0

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 15, 2007
Medvode
Those are CID dependent configs. If your phone's CID is let say VODAP102, then VODAP102.xml is used for localizded configuration of your phone. if you phone has different CID than those listed in /system/customize/cid_map.xml, then default.xml is used...