[MOD] NFC With the Screen Locked/Off for SPH-L710

Search This thread

mayhemer

Jan 23, 2007
Here's nfc.apk from cm10, not sure if it deodexed though...

Here is the mod for cm10, based on the Nfc.apk XBOHDPuKC provided me. I don't know the exact version of cm10 and I cannot guarantee that it works with other cm10 versions than the one XBOHDPuKC used. So create a Nandroid backup and backup your Nfc.apk/.odex before you install this mod. You should ALWAYS make these backups before installing this mod!

Attachments

• nfcmod_SPH-L710_lockscreen_cm10_V0.1.zip
    737 KB · Views: 16
  • nfcmod_SPH-L710_screenoff_cm10_V0.1.zip
    737 KB · Views: 24
  • nfcmod_SPH-L710_stock_deodexed_cm10_V0.1.zip
    615.3 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: htls

deepsix_69

Sep 13, 2009
Any chance you would be willing to provide the info on what your changing in the apk. I'm happy to keep supplying the un modified apk, but eventually your going to get tired of doing it for every build.

Last edited:

nerys71

May 13, 2008
anyone test this on the final sprint lj7 release? does the LIH version work? (I am assuming it will since the nfc.apk is not likely to have changed)

nerys71

May 13, 2008
ahh crap my bad forgot to come back and also confirm that it works on LJ7 for me as well no issues (thanks JRRinNC)

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
Here is the mod for cm10, based on the Nfc.apk XBOHDPuKC provided me. I don't know the exact version of cm10 and I cannot guarantee that it works with other cm10 versions than the one XBOHDPuKC used. So create a Nandroid backup and backup your Nfc.apk/.odex before you install this mod. You should ALWAYS make these backups before installing this mod!

Any specific reason this can't work on cm10 on my Sprint note 2?

If it won't work, would anyone be able willing to make it work?

Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

nerys71

May 13, 2008
yes please, I want this for my note ii so badly. I found one that claims to work and it does from lockscreen but NOT screen off and the exposed mod also does not work on the Sprint Note II

I can post the nfc.apk if you need it.

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
yes please, I want this for my note ii so badly. I found one that claims to work and it does from lockscreen but NOT screen off and the exposed mod also does not work on the Sprint Note II

I can post the nfc.apk if you need it.

Please post and I'll try, thanks. Is it for cm 10? What's the exposed mod you speak of?

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
So what would happen if I flash the cm10 zip on my note 2?

dienormaxjean

Jan 28, 2013
miami
Tried this yesterday on chemistry rom. It literally broke my nfc =/

In my settings, the nfc and sbeam toggles disappeared, trying to activate through notification menu resulted in force close.

I downloaded first zip, flashed, wiped dalvnik cache.

Then tried both odexed and deodexed stock nfc zips to restore. Neither worked. Had to uninstall/reinstall rom.

Sucks, I really wanted this mod too

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
Tried this yesterday on chemistry rom. It literally broke my nfc =/

In my settings, the nfc and sbeam toggles disappeared, trying to activate through notification menu resulted in force close.

I downloaded first zip, flashed, wiped dalvnik cache.

Then tried both odexed and deodexed stock nfc zips to restore. Neither worked. Had to uninstall/reinstall rom.

Sucks, I really wanted this mod too

The mod only worked for firmware SPH-L710_VPALEN

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the Samsung Galaxy S3 Stock ROM NFC does not work when screen is off or locked. With this mod NFC also works when screen is locked or off.

There are two versions. The first just enables NFC, when screen is on, but it also worked when it is locked. Also with a PIN or Password-Lock everything is fine. But it disables NFC when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
    The second version let NFC active all the time, even when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
    Nothing else is changed in the behaviour of the NFC.
    There are also two zips to go back to stock NFC, one is odexed and one deodexed. Use them only with the right firmware version (for example VPALEN).

All ZIPs have to be flashed with CWM. You should wipe Dalvik cache after flashing.

This mod works for at least for the firmware SPH-L710_VPALEN. This mod does not work with LFB now. I will provide an updated Mod in the middle of August because I am at vacation now.

Please give me feedback, because I do not own this device and I cannot test the Mod on it! I just ported my MOD for the international S3 to the L710.

Disclaimer: As always, I hereby absolve myself of responsibility for any damage you cause to your phone by flashing this. There is inherent risk in modding your device, and by flashing anything in this thread you are taking that risk into your own hands. If something goes wrong, I will try and help. You should always make a Nandroid Backup before flashing.

To ROM Devs: You are more than welcome to use this in your ROMs! Just shoot me a little bit of credit in your release post!

Thank you: Geniusdog254 for the idea and the infos in your thread.

Here ist the link to the thread for the international S3 version:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1712024
    Yes, it is on my queue.

[tapatalk]Vom S3 mit Tapatalk[/tapatalk]
    Of cause I can create one. Just need a few minutes time ;)

[tapatalk]Vom S3 mit Tapatalk[/tapatalk]
    Heres a deodexed LIH version.

Thanks

here is the mod for LIH created from your Nfc.apk.
    anyone test this on the final sprint lj7 release? does the LIH version work? (I am assuming it will since the nfc.apk is not likely to have changed)

Just tested - the LIH screen off version DOES work on lj7. (Oh, and with the official lj7 being out, no reason to do an li3 version.)